St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub

Average price: $6.53

Brand: St. Ives

Most helpful review

By stacy, Caribbean on 07/11/2012

I would not recommend this product as it does absolutely nothing to help acne/break outs (at least in my case). In fact, i broke out more than usual after i started using it. Will definitely switch back to my regular St.Ives scrub for sensitive skin, as it did a better job at preventing acne than this product which was actually designated to the prevention of acne..

Pros:
  • Smells great
Cons:
  • Tiny stone-like things get left behind on face/get in eyes
  • Does absolutely nothing
  • Made my face break out
  • Left my face feeling dry/tight

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid1%.

Water, Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurat, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Yeast Extract, Glycereth 18, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 33, Red 4, Blue 1.

Member reviews

“New favourite exfoliator”
By on

I love this scrub. I was using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for quite a while and loved it as well, but really wanted to try something that would help clear my skin as well as make my skin smooth. So I purchased this one. It's more gentle on my skin than the apricot scrub, so I can easily use it twice a day. Since I've been using it, I've noticed a complete reduction in the blackheads on my nose. They're gone! They were never awful to begin with, but they were still unsightly enough, and now that's one less facial concern to have to deal with. More importantly, this scrub does help with my breakouts. If I have a new pimple, this scrub works really well at getting rid of it from the get-go. My skin is still far from perfect, but I think if I keep doing what I've been doing I'll be closer to the perfect skin I dream of in no time!

Pros

• Smells fantastic
  • Makes skin feel really soft
  • Gets rid of blackheads

Cons

• None
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Love it”
By on

I use this scrub 2 or 3 times a week. Any more than that is too harsh for my skin. I like how it removes dull skin and makes my skin brighter and softer. I love it so much it is amazing! When i have a scab or something after a pimple goes down, the scrub majorly speeds up the healing time.

Pros

• smells amazing
  • makes my skin feel super soft
  • helps my skin heal faster

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this scrub. I currently use it about every other day, but have gone through periods of using it every day without problems. It really helped to smooth out the texture of my skin. Can be used as a mask, too.

• moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 8

[link removed]

• moderate

By on

St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub is something that I use every once in a while when i feel like my face needs a good deep cleaning. i would not recommened using it every day as a staple face wash but i think it does a nice job at making my face feel vibrant, soft, and fresh.

Pros

• smells nice
  • travel size available

Cons

• scrubbing beads are too harsh on face
  • doesn't completely clear acne
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 6.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this for a while because I really wanted it to work. It didn't work for me, as well as a lot of the "naturally clear" products. They always make my acne worse. If you have inflamed acne - you should NOT be using a scrub, it will just irritate it more. I have pretty mild acne, maybe 2-3 spots at a time on my face, or none, and this irritated my acne and made it worse, and made it more noticeable, causing me to want to use it more to make it better. It was a vicious circle. Do yourself a favor, and save your money.

Pros

• It smells nice.

Cons

• It didn't do the job of exfoliating
  • Broke me out
  • Irritated my skin
  • "sand" gets left behind on your skin even when washed with water
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Smells great

Cons

• Tiny stone-like things get left behind on face/get in eyes
  • Does absolutely nothing
  • Made my face break out
  • Left my face feeling dry/tight
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 23
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I Love this product! I use it in the am and pm and it makes my skin feel refreshed! I feel like it does a good job of getting everything that's on my skin off and cleared away. Plus, it's a really gentle exfoliator that's great for everyday use. It never dried out my skin or made it red. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that asked.

Pros

• Smells great
  • Sensitive on the skin
  • Reduces redness
  • Many ways you can use it
  • Removes make up thoroughly!

Cons

• None that I can tell so far
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this for almost a month and it works great! I don't suggest using it if your pimple looks like its about to pop or if puss is showing!

Pros

• You notice the decrease in size of your pimple the first time you use it!
  • Leaves skin soft
  • Clears breakouts and upcoming pimples!

Cons

• NONE
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Recommend to friends

But I prefer the St. Ives Apricot Scrub FTW ^-^

Pros

• smells AMAZING.
  • cleanses well
  • not sure about the makeup though cuz i dont wear it.
  • reduces acne only by a little
  • leaves skin bright and looking healthy.

Cons

• the beads are very tiny
  • when i cleanse my face, and i accidentally get it to my hair line, it stays there and looks like dandruff.
  • feels more like a cleanser.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 4