St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin reviews

3.9/5 - 116 reviews

Brand: St. Ives

Salicylic Acid.

Other Ingredients:
Water, Walnut Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Corn Meal, Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elder Flower, Glyceryl Stearate, Emulsifying Wax NF, Lanolin Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Apricot Kernel Oil, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Pansy Extract, Linden Extract, Gentian Extract, Cornflower Extract, Sage Extract, Ceteareth-20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

Reviewed on June 4, 2012

i used this product both when i had acne and didnt, and when i didnt have acne it worked fine, but when i had acne it made my skin breakout a bit more and redness all over!

Reviewed on May 30, 2012

its good if you dont suffer from acne, if you do stay away!!

Reviewed on February 12, 2012

All the st.ives products are hell. They break you out and irritate your skin.

Reviewed on December 27, 2011

broke me out / is way to harash on sensitive skin

and pricey

but does get rid of dry skin

but not worth it lol

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

I believe this scrub has those little microbeads which help exfoliate skin. Overall, it smells fantastic and does make your skin smooth afterwards.

As for a treatment for acne, it doesn't do much, which comes from the fact that the active ingredient is salicylic acid. Aside from being incredibly mild, salicylic acid doesn't do much outside of opening up your pores and exfoliating your skin. As we all know, this is just one small part of why most people get acne. You really need to incorporate a benzoyl peroxide product along with this treatment. I would recommend using this first, followed by a benzoyl peroxide scrub.

I think it's a good product. I'm not sure if it is advertised to be specifically for acne, but it doesn't really work.

Reviewed on July 22, 2011

I've been using this for two or three weeks now. I've been noticing acne near my eyebrows just after 3 uses of it. After I use this, It makes my skin look so dull and it loses it's radiance.

Reviewed on July 14, 2011

I've only been using this product for a weeks (3 weeks to be precise) but it has done a very good job in clearing my acne (especially in the troublesome chin and mouth area). My skin feels very smooth, clean and refreshed afterwards. I only use this at night 3x/week. When I wake up in the morning, my face is not a greasy mess. Please follow directions regarding the frequency of use. This is not meant to replace your regular cleanser. I feel this makes the other products I use work better coz my pores are now unblocked and can absorb other stuff better. Now all my bumps are healed and gone...my concern now is prevention and erasing reddish acne marks!

Reviewed on June 30, 2011

It will irritate your skin if you use it ever day, i asked a professional at a spa and she told me not to use a scrub every day, only three times a week should do it.

Reviewed on May 23, 2011

I have used this as my regular exfoliator for a few years. Used twice a week it keeps my skin feeling smooth and helps my make up glide on nicely.

However if I use it every day (like I did at first) it breaks me out really badly and left my skin very sensitive, so for me a couple of times a week is best.

Reviewed on March 29, 2011

After a week of using this my skin felt much smoother, after several weeks the redness has gone right down. This is not going to 'cure' acne but it does feel like it helps as the acne that I have is a lot less obvious and the areas of my skin without acne are much smoother now than they were.

This is a scrub not a cleanser so it should be used fairly sparingly alongside your own cleanser- I tend to use it on average once a day, but sometimes every other day as it can dry the skin out a bit. Also, do not rub too hard with it as it has walnut shell powder and you do not want to go damaging sensitive skin.