St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub reviews

Brand: St. Ives

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub

Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 STEARATE, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth 20, Titanium Dioxide (CL 77891), Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Limonene, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract.

St. Ives, Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, 6oz
St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub, 10 Ounce
St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub
updated: 10/06/2015 13:08 UTC
- is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

I Expected Better..
Reviewed on September 6, 2015

This is a classic product that has been around for decades. I had always seen this scrub at my local drug store and finally decided to purchase it after being recommended by numerous beauty blogs. I think this product is waaay hyped up and overrated. Let me tell you , I had high hopes for this product. I really wanted it to work for my skin. Everything from the cheap cost , to the amazing scent and gritty texture screamed that it would leave my skin feeling smooth and clean. However , this was not the case for me.

I have normal/blemish-prone skin and this product was terrible! It always left a weird residue on my face and caused me to break out into mild acne on the cheek area. Although it claims to be oil-free and leave your skin feeling clean , I had always felt the opposite. The film it left behind felt both greasy and dry at the same time.... if that's possible. I think this product may be suitable for some skin types , but definitely not mine, my skin is usually way better off with gel and liquid based cleansers.

Great for back and chest
Reviewed on August 7, 2015

This was too rough to use on my face (which is unusual because I do not have sensitive skin), but worked GREAT to clear up the acne on my back! If you suffer from back acne exfoliate with this every time you are in the shower. I saw a significant difference and while I used to have multiple large blemishes on the backs of my shoulders the skin is now smooth, with only one or two small bumps. It also keeps my chest clear. In conclusion: too rough for facial skin but great for chest and back exfoliation!

Doesn't treat severe acne
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

St.Ives has nice face scrubs/washes, but they do not treat severe acne. I'd probably recommend them for someone looking for a nice face scrub or to treat mild acne.

The smell is nice, but after a couple of weeks the smell gets quite sickening, almost as if it's turning stale. I found this happening after the tubes were left opened for a few hours.

I used one of each of the St.Ives face washes; deep cleanse, medium and light cleansers and none of them lessened my acne.

Changed my skin!
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

I swear by this face wash. I was having an extremely difficult time with my skin after switching my pill almost a year ago, and for about 6 months my skin was a disaster. I have been on accutane twice and was really hoping I would not have to go back on it, but I was starting to really get depressed with my skin and was trying so many different things. I had used St. Ives after my second round of Accutane and I didn't really think it did much because my skin was flawless and rubbing oil on it wouldn't have caused a breakout. I decided to try it again and it has been a miracle! I only use it at night and then just rinse my face with water in the morning and it's not greasy during the day at all. \ I found morning and night washing was drying it out too much, and lotion was causing more breakouts.

I should also note that another thing helping my acne right now is Red Light treatments from my derm. I haven't seen much on the forums about Red Light specifically, only Blue Light and it seems that most people are not happy with it. Red Light is awesome! Last time I was there actually my dermatologist was asking me what my mood was like after the treatments and about headaches, which I usually get a lot of and she was saying that she wants to possibly open a study on it because the Red Light has been improving peoples moods dramatically after the use for about 24 hours and is even helping with migraines in some people. Who would have known! It is also 100% safe!

Provides Smooth Skin
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

This product makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. It made my skin feel clean and refreshed. But, it didnt help improve my acne. It smells good and the bottle is super cute, but if your looking for a product to help clear acne, this is not the product for you. Only buy this if you want a product to help your sensitive skin feel smooth.

Worth buying!
Reviewed on February 14, 2015

This will make your skin feel so smooth! And the smell of it is just a bonus! However, the particles are slightly rough and larger than other typical exfoliators. I've used this time and time again, almost two to three times a week (as suggested) and you can definitely see the difference in how soft and smooth your skin feels. It removes dead skin and any other slight imperfections. Although I have acne prone skin, with a careful and gentle wash, it shouldn't cause breakouts of any kind.

A little to rough
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

My skin feels amazing after use, but definitely not for acne prone skin. It can be a little to harsh and may make your acne spots hut. Skin will be smoother after use, but in the end there are better exfoliants. The apricot does smell divine though :)

Leaves smooth
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

Love it how it leaves my skin! But it isn't for acne

good but a little rough on skin
Reviewed on October 8, 2014

I bought this a few months ago in superdrug. The price was really cheap so I feel its good for the price. The scrub deep cleans the skin so i only tend to use it twice weekly. It is a little too rough for me personally for everyday use.

Would recommend in between a proper skincare routine but not for overly sensitive skin.

Reviewed on August 23, 2014

I have been using St.Ives for over 5 years and it has always been nothing but beneficial.

These product helps get rid of dirt/oil off of your face allowing your skin to restart from scratch. It can be a bit irritating when overused to try to limit yourself from using it every other day.