St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub reviews

3.4/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: St. Ives

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Inactive Ingredient:
Acne Treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn), Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Ppg 2, Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

I really like it
Reviewed on December 27, 2016

I have dry, acne-prone skin and this stuff just saved it. I use it everyday (yeah, your read correctly, EVERYDAY) in the mornings. I just splash a little bit of cold water on my face, put a little amount on my hands (a little, it goes a long way) and then put it all over my face and just use it as a face wash, then I just wash it off and pat my skin dry with a little towel. My skin is bright and clean when I use it, and then I just use my favorite face mosturizer. This is really good for my skin, it didn't give me more blemishes, it is not so drying on my skin, it's just excellent. I love it. If you use it, just put mosturizer and you'll be covered!

Amazing Exfoliant!
Reviewed on September 26, 2016

People w/ sensitive skin, sorry, but this isn't for you. I have oily & acne prone skin. This product is vital to my nighttime facial routine i use to treat my acne. I use it every other day (I switch in between 2 exfoliants i use). I am drawn to harsh products, because i feel like they're the only thing that work for me. Everything else is "gentle & soothing," like...no... Products like that are a joke when it comes to my acne. My skin & acne are very stubborn, "gentle" just doesn't work.

Its Good for Me, but Harsh for Most!
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

So I have been using this product in a VERY harsh way for about 4 years, yet it has never bothered me. Every night and morning I would wet my face with warm water, spread the scrub all over my face, and then continue lightly scrubbing with a facewash. I would then proceed to rinse off the washcloth, since off the remaining cleanser with lukewarm water, and then give a final rinse with icy cold water. I know that most people would look at me as if I was crazy when I say that, but I had never had any irritation from it. Now it worked beautifully at the beginning and throughout the time I used it my skin was pretty clear, but I would still suffer from mild acne. I recently decided to try switching to a different product because I was afraid that my acne was no longer being affected.

The texture is thick like toothpaste, and filled with small sand-like beads that tend to collect in the sink/shower and occasionally clog the drain. I did not find it drying nor did it make my skin oily, and it did help with my breakouts, but it is probably too harsh for most people. Probably best to only use 2-3 times a week for an exfoliant.

A bit harsh for my face.
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

I found the Apricot Scrub to be very harsh and grating on my face. My esthetician said she does not like this product for the face and I agree - she said however, it is a great scrub for the body. While I have yet to use this on my body, I would recommend checking out the Green Tea Scrub as a gentler alternative for a facial exfoliator.

Great Physical Exfoliant
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

This scrub didn't do much for me in terms of controlling my acne so I now use this more for its exfoliating properties.

I am able to control my acne under the Acne.org regimen. However, using BP twice a day everyday can be a lot. I feel like after a few days there is some build up on the BP that I can't get off unless I use this scrub. The beads in the wash are large enough to really get the BP build up off my face. Of course since the regimen calls for being gentle with your skin, I always make it a point to move my hands on very gently so as not to forcefully drag the beads around.

This scrub is something I would only use twice a week. Despite the product saying you can use it everyday I think it would be too much. Just wash your face for about thirty seconds and this won't dry up your skin. It will just feel fresh and clean and not totally stripped.

Aggravated my healing pimples
Reviewed on April 19, 2016

i had two small healing pimples on my left side of my cheek. After one use that next day I woke up to a cluster of red super inflamed bumps that were sore to the touch on my left cheek. It's almost like a rash, product didn't work for me

Bad for sensitive skin :(
Reviewed on April 10, 2016

Been using this product for at least 5 months about 1-2 times a week before i gave up. I thought this is good until i stopped using it. Makes my acne worse and pimple marks are still there. Doesn't reduced whiteheads nor blackheads. Everytime i use this i get new pimples which is painful. It made my skin dry and reddish. This done nothing good on my skin. 💔

Life saver!!!
Reviewed on January 14, 2016

Life saver!!!!

I love this product so MUCH!! I'm 27 years old and have never had acne or bad break outs until recently! I was so depressed because, I tried everything and nothing worked. My sister suggested St. Ives and it did wonders for my skin. I used it once in the morning and right before I went to bed for two weeks. Slowly but surely my face started clearing up and felt better than it did before. I was just like you searching for s good product for my face and was very skeptical, but trust me this works you just have to be patient. If you start to notice your face getting dry during the day use this product ever other! I hope it works out for you like it did for me! Thank you St Ives!!!

Works well for light ance

Review
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I was very disappointed with this product. I used it for about a month and only about 2-3 times a week, it broke me out very badly, even when i would be very gentle with it.

It smells great but it certainly didnt agree with my skin.

The price wasnt too expensive, so i am not overly disappointed in wasting the money.

I will try this again when my face has fully cleared up.

Avoid if your skin is sensitive!
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

Gives you a real clean feel, but is quite rough on the skin and as being rough on acne affected areas can make it worse, I found this scrub was a bit too much for me.