St. Ives Apricot Scrub reviews

3.7/5 - 45 reviews

Brand: St. Ives

Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth 20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

Reviewed on April 20, 2013

I started using this about 3 years ago about 3-4 times a week but I stopped because it made my skin red and painful after usage. It still made my skin feel great but the pain wasn't worth it. This year I found my old tube sitting in my bathroom draw and decided to use it again. It felt amazing because it removed so many whiteheads and blackheads and left my skin feeling soft and less bumpy. The bottom line is, don't use it too many times a week, 1-2 times is enough for great results! Recommend this for people without sensitive skin :)

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

The number one rule for those with acne is to be gentle with the skin. No scrubbing, no wash cloths, etc. This product is everything you should not due. However, sometimes I get an area of peeling skin and it's nice to get all that skin off. Use limitedly.

Reviewed on December 15, 2012

This is a great exfoliator, and really gets rid of dead skin cells. I love the fact that this helps other products penetrate better, so you really get the full experience without all the dead skin build up. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin, because it is so harsh. Afterwards it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, clean, and awake. I recommend to use this 3-4 times a week, not every day.

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

this is great if you don't have problematic skin

if you do i don't recommend

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

This is a great exfoliator, though I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. The apricot particles scratch the surface of your skin, forcing it to stretch, and in turn, wrinkle faster. So, be careful not to scrub to hard on this, and I would say to only use it a few times a week.

Reviewed on June 26, 2012

Ok. So, I've used alot of products. Like really alot. Truthfully my skin is still breaking out. However, there are some things that help... This product worked nicely with my skin but over time is started drying it out really bad, but I did notice a difference in my acne, there was less of it. But, it wasn't really worth losing the natural shine of my skin. So, of course I wanted to get rid of some oil but I'd still like it to look healthy. So, I'd recommend only using it once a week, with moisturizer. Bottom line, it's an OK product but, to actually rid your acne use this once a week, a light moisturizer and epido works really well for me. Even though I still get black heads on my nose and pimples on my period my skin looks pretty clear and healthy. Good Luck!

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

This is the only exfoliator I have ever used and it's served me quite well. It does a hell of a job - skin feels fresh and light afterwards, beads are small and gentle, and it even has a pleasant smell.

Advice: use this in place of your facial cleanser every second or third day. Gently massage a good amount of the product into your skin, moving your hands in slow, circular motions. Take your time: at least a minute or two will maximize its effectiveness. Rinse off and smile!

FIVE STARS

To see my complete review and other product reviews, go to [link removed]

Reviewed on April 22, 2012

This product works well for me. It won't get rid of your acne, it might help a bit because it cleanses it will prevent acne.

I use this about 3-4 times a week because I don't want to over exfoliate. I usually use this product before doing a mask to open up my pores. I like the exfoliating beads, they do the job.

Overall this isn't my favourite acne product but it's always in my bathroom because of it's price(4.50$ but it's always on sale for 2.99$! :))

Reviewed on April 21, 2012

i use this scrub every other day, and so far, it has been the ONLY product to really control my breakouts. i've had acne since i was 12 (i am now 23) and until i started to use this product last year, nothing had ever helped. i took every pill, i tried proactiv, neutrogena, and every other fancy acne-fighting system that exists, and nothing worked! my great results often vanished after a few weeks, and the pills always made me so ill. but this product has been a miracle! i use it in tangent with a mild facial cleanser, but i noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately! highly recommended!