Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1072 reviews

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on December 23, 2007

I started taking it 3 wks ago and have upped the dose to 100mg this past week. I had to go off birth control pills 6 months ago because of melasma and my face has been getting worse since. I heard about spiro and asked my doc for it to see if it helps me because my acne seems to be hormonal. Within the 1st week of taking it, I got a ton of bumps on the lower half of my face, big and small - and they seem to be multiplying and not getting any better. Before taking it, the most pimples I would have on my face were about 4-7. My face looks worse than ever! I have read that some of you have had the same problem - but haven't seen any posts from the same people with an update on it it has gotten better. Please - any input would be helpful because I am so depressed right now - I don't even want to leave the house. Is 100mg a good dose to be on?

Reviewed on December 23, 2007

After struggling with cystic acne for 10 or 12 years (Im 27), and trying every antibiotic (tetracycline, dioxicycline, minocycline, zithromycin), topical (Retin A, sulfa drugs, benzoyl peroxine, salicylic acid), gimmicky concoction known to man (jojoba oil, egg masks etc)I am now acne free! I even took Accutane with limited results. Now that is a scary drug! It cleared me up but it came back right away. It took about 1 or 2 months to see major progress and complete clearning in 6 months. I also changed dosages to the highest level. I am also on Yasmin to futher help with hormonal stability. I can't tell you enough how much I recommend this drug. I cannot think of a downside except for daily pill taking which is a SMALL price to pay.

Reviewed on December 22, 2007

I am open to giving it more time, but after 3 weeks, I can say I don't feel it's working.

Reviewed on December 17, 2007

I'm 35 and after years of trying every acne product on the market I was recommended Spiro (aldactone in Australia). I've now been on it for about 5 months and my skin is very clear. Took a few months to work and had a TERRIBLE breakout before it got better, but it definately does work.

One question for the ladies out there though - I seem to have a very light period all month long. Is this normal? I'm also taking Yasmin but the period is not aligned with the Yasmin pills at all.

Also, I have some scarring now from the initial breakout. Any recommendations on how to treat this? or should I just wait it out for my skin to renew itself?

Thanks so much!

Reviewed on December 7, 2007

I really liked this stuff. I liked not having to wash my hair all of the time. My oil was helped, but it didn't dry me out. I really didn't mind peeing all of the time since I felt like I was losing weight. I was also taking Yaz so I was taking 125mg of spiro all together.

Reviewed on December 5, 2007

Im actually interested on everyone one else skin regimine. I, use Arnuad cleanser.Duac(ben perx) Evening I use Tazorac cream. Im 27 yr female and this is the year where it has really gooten worse. Depressed, angry.If anyone has advice...pleassse let me know. realtorbedoy@[link removed]

Reviewed on December 3, 2007

If you have tried everything else (as I have including 3 courses of Accutane over the past 20 years)and you are a "mature" woman still dealing with acne, try spiro. Just be patient and try not to get discouraged! For me it took a long time to work and my improvement did not happen in a linear fashion. But after 3-4 months, I could look back and easily recognize a vast overall improvement. Now I'm well into my 6th month and have not had any breakouts in two months.

Reviewed on December 1, 2007

Only thing that has worked long term for me. Tried everything (homeopathic/retin-A/antibiotics/accutane etc.)-nothing worked except spiro (100mg/day). Now trying to get pregnant and need to go off of it-looking at the site for alternative treatments.

Reviewed on November 27, 2007

Spironlactone works. Dermatologists don't always prescribe it because they know it works and they don't want to lose potential business of your coming back month after month for oral antibiotics, etc. Go to a nurse practicioner or gp and you will be able to get this drug prescribed to you.

Reviewed on November 16, 2007

Hi... My name is Allison..I'm a 28 year old teacher who like everyone else has tried everything... all sorts of antibotics,topicals, over the past few years. My acne was never bad or out of control until I hit 27. It got so horrible that my doctor finally put me on accutane(Oct,2006). I was on a low dose for 5 months and cleared beautifully. It got so bad though the first few months I didnt want to go anywhere..not even to work. My doctor gave me spiro to take during the last month. I continued but not consistantly and stopped taking it all togther in July.October of this year 2007 my face got so oily and was getting really nasty again little bumps everywhere. I upped my dose of spiro 100 a day and have taken it everynight for the past 2 1/2 weeks.... my face is so clear..no oil... and my face looks awesome! I will never go off of this again. I am petite 5'6 and 110 pounds... 100 mg works for me! Plese stick to it even if it gets worse .. it is so worth......!!!!!