Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1155 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Lara, Longview Wa
Reviewed on May 3, 2008

I am 34 and have had moderate acne my whole life. I've been on antibiotics and accutane. I'm tired of all the side effects of acne medicines so i'm trying this. I am also drastically changing my diet and started cleansing and exfoliating my face. I have been doing some research on how to clear acne naturally. I have become a Vegan and eat nothing but fruit and vegetables and tofu. I also do not eat nuts. I read that nuts aggrevate existing acne. I wash my face with sulfer soap in the a.m. and cetaphil cleanser at night. I exfoliate with baking soda at night. I exercise daily which can also make acne worse. So immediately after I run I take a cold shower. I read that cold showers help reduce acne. I also use a very mild mosterizer and a organic acne reducer instead of retinal A. Dermatologists have always told me to only wash my face with water, but since I've been gently washing my face and getting rid of the dirt and makeup my face feels and looks better. anyone else?

Tara, Wyoming
Reviewed on May 3, 2008

just stick it out.

and don't review it after three goddamn days.

Stephanie, Seattle, WA
Reviewed on May 1, 2008

I just started using Spironolactone 3 days ago. I am taking 50mg/day. I have really oily skin and I breakouts on my chin mostly. My face is still really oily. Does it take awhile for it to work? Maybe it is because I take the pill at night? That is what my doctor told me because I have another pill that I take in the morning (Oracea) along with benocline.Any thoughts?

Lyssee, Nashville
Reviewed on April 30, 2008

I've had mild acne since I was 12. I had fairly good results controlling it with antibiotics, duac and other assorted topicals. Then 6 months ago at age 16, I developed moderatly severe cystic acne... my face was ravaged! The cysts were deep and painful, as many as 15 at once. My derm put me on spiro 50mg/day which made my acne worse for about 2 weeks!! Then i began to see some improvement. After 4 weeks, my dose was increased to 100mg/day which helped even more. My skin has improved greatly and now I only have mild breakouts before my periods. I'm scheduled to start accutane next month but I'm reluctant to switch to something new when I dont feel I've given spiro enough time to work its wonders! May postpone and give spiro at least 6 months. It has been a lifesaver. No side effects, just a few more trips to the bathroom at first.

Anonymous
Reviewed on April 29, 2008

I am 44 years old and developed acne in my early 30's (after having 3 children). By the time I was 38 it was severe cystic acne. It was painful and SO embarassing. My self-esteem was in the gutter. I highly reccommend this med for older women with cystic acne.

sophie, maine
Reviewed on April 29, 2008

i've heard great things about this pill but my transition from erythromycin to spiro resulted in 2 cysts that i just got injected today :( hopefully it will start to kick in soon!

TeeMo, Missouri
Reviewed on April 24, 2008

I can't stop looking in the mirror. Ive been on 50 mg of spiro for about 3 weeks. I'm a 40 year old female and have been suffering with hormonal acne for aboout 6 yrs. I had a Partial Hysterectomy about 6 yrs ago and had to discontinue using birth control which appeared to managing my acne at the time. Soon after my surgery the anguish of horrible outbreaks and cystic scaring begin to rule my life. Ladies.. I don't want to get too excited about this drug!!!! but it appears I may have found the HEALER to low self esteem and low self worth. I'm hanging in there for the long haul and expecting to one day meet my future husband with my new look and confidence.

jp, cleveland, oh
Reviewed on April 24, 2008

I was put on this medication 2 years ago for hormonal cystic acne. I take 100mg per day. It worked very well for the first year. I hardly ever had a break out and if I did it was very manageable. It seems now though that my body has gotten used to the medication and I may need more as I am beginning to break out again. What I dont like about these meds is that I get my period every 21 days. Also, I do not know if there are long term effects from taking it. I do know however, that for a while this medication saved my self esteem and my life as dealing with cystic acne is horrible.

Eva, Charlotte NC
Reviewed on April 14, 2008

Months 1-2: Terrible breakouts, they were cycstic and as everyone knows, these were painful. Began to clear up after second month, and saw a great reduction of oil on my face.

Month 3: So this is my third month going into my fourth and I only have about 3 cycstic ones. My Md said that I will begin to see the real difference once I get into my fourth month.

I currently use 100mg daily along with Yasmin.

I will absolutely keep using Spiro, b/c so far I lost only my acne. That's something worth using..

Nancy, Great Falls, MT
Reviewed on April 13, 2008

This is an amazing product. For the first time in 25 years, I am acne free! My skin is clear, and it feels smooth. My doctor initially prescribed it to clear my excessive hirsutism(hairiness) It has significantly reduced that which I am happy about, but the best thing is to be acne free! I turned 40 in December, and I have suffered from acne since I was 13. The only other product to have shown some improvement was Accutane which I took at 20, but that seemed to be short term. Other than that, I have always had the acne. I have also always felt dependent upon my makeup to cover embarassing break outs. Now I can go out with only mascara, and not worry. Spironolactone had been a lifesaver for me.