Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1033 reviews

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on August 23, 2007

I have extremely oily skin and have experienced consistent breakouts since the age of 12. I have tried antiobiotics (doxycycline), retin-A, differin, tazorac, Proactiv, OTC products...all of which have helped me to some degree, but never enough.

I started on doxycycline back in May and the breakouts stopped on day one...it was amazing. I had to stop because the side effects were just too much to handle (upset stomach everyday, vomiting if food wasn't eaten within 30 min. of taking doxy, and extreme sensitivity to the sun).

I heard so many great things about spiro from friends,that I decided to give it a try. My dermatologist prescribed me 50mg daily in conjunction with Retin-A Micro and so far I've had great results! I continue to have no breakouts, with the occasional blemish (maybe 2-4 within the past 2 months).

I recommend this to anyone, remember that everyone reacts differently to meds, and it can take up to 3-6 months to see amazing results, so be patient! Good L

Reviewed on August 19, 2007

What kind of face wash are people using to get such great results? I've been on for almost 3 months and I have not seen a great improvement but I keep switching my face wash.

Reviewed on August 8, 2007

I've had very oily skin since my teens, and it always bothered me. I started Spironolactone as a last ditch effort to get a better complexion (got tired of using those oil absorbing sheets). I've been on it now for about 3 months with good results. Hardly ever breakout now, and the oil is much less. I recently asked my Dr. to increase my dosage from 50mg to 75mg to see if that will further reduce oil production (haven't started the new dosage yet). The first couple of months were a difficult adjustment because I workout and play a lot of soccer. I was really out of breath, and my muscles were tired--something I wasn't used to at all. Normally, I can run around on the field forever! Took a little while, but my body finally adjusted, and now I can exercise just as hard. Funny thing is, I've also suffered from shin splints (a common ailment with runners--ouch), and I can honestly say that I am now shin splint free for the 1st time in 5 years! 5 years! Life is good!

Reviewed on August 7, 2007

I am 22 years old and have been dealing with terrible skin since I was 12 years old. Two years I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome and type two diabetes, so I soon realized that I have a hormone imbalance and that is the main cause for my uncontrolable cystic acne. I have tried ablative lasers procedures, all kinds of antibiotics, healthy diet, regular exercise, all kinds of different regimens, different types of birth control pills, and last but not least 100mg of spirolactone for 4 1/2 months and nothing has work. If any body has any advice, PLEASE HELP! I AM DESPERATE!

Reviewed on August 5, 2007

only been 13 days... less oily..... as many have stated, I also have painful hard bumps on jawline now.. and usually dont get those...still breaking out, but considering im less oily... I will continue for at least one month or two, to see if I clear up... I HATE acne... but even just having oily skin was something id do anything to be rid of! so ill continue taking it for that reason.... I take 100 mg day, 50mg/morning. 50mg/night..always with food.(salty food) water...

skin 50% less oily in just these 13 days and I am one to blot every half hour for the last 18 years.... I am 33. I havenot changed what I eat and only had the palpitations one night and eating something salty made it go away.

Reviewed on August 4, 2007

I started using Spironolactone in early March and by April my skin had dramatically improved. When I was about 34 I started getting painful breakouts (zits) on my cheeks and chin area. Never before had I had acne in this area. When I was a teen I had it more in my t-zone, but it was never severe- just average. But then in my mid-30s this cycstic-like painful acne began. And with age, scars do not heal as quickly- so my face was either red welts or the remaining scars. But with the introduction of spironolactone in my life that has all changed. I cannot say enough good things about it. Give it a try if your doctor suggests it to you-- it has worked wonders for me!!

Reviewed on July 24, 2007

Does anybody know how long it takes to start working - I am on 50mg/day, have been taking it for a week today... I have noticed some difference in that my spots/acne do not have quite the same amount of fluid/gunk inside.. but i am still gettting lodas and it actually taking longer to go away.. i am worried about scarring as I get them along my jawline and occasionally on my cheek bone, lumps that dont surface to the skin..

Reviewed on July 22, 2007

I started taking Spironolactone (50mg once a day) for androgenic alopecia. I did notice though that the acne on my back had cleared up and nothing had ever gotten rid of it. I am also on Ortho Tri Cyclen but that only clears up my face.

Reviewed on July 20, 2007

I never had the first pimple until I turned 28. Then my face went crazy. I tried over the counter topical agents and antibiotics. I tried differen, but it dried out my skin to bad. Then my derm put me on spiro 100mg. It took 4 months to work, but I love it. My face doesn't get any more cystic acne, but I still get pimples before my period. I have been taking it for 7 months and have started getting chest pain and hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and forehead. I had to get cream for that, but I am going to stay on the spiro b/c it works so well. I guess to side effects are a small price to pay.

Reviewed on July 12, 2007

I've had acne since the beginning of high school. I am now 28 and within the past year or so, the breakouts have been so much worse. Nothing seemed to help until my doctor prescribed spiro a month ago. The first week of taking spiro, I had the normal amount of breakouts. Since then, I have had no new pimples (it has been a month). Also, I no longer need to blot my face of oil during the day (previously, I'd have to blot every half hour!). This is a miracle drug!! I take 100 mg per day (I no longer use any other acne meds). During the first week or two I was more tired, but that is no longer a problem. That has been the only side effect I have experienced. I wish I would have learned of this drug sooner - but hey, it feels amazing now not to wake up to a new pimple or four every morning. I am so grateful of spiro - having acne is so painful both emotionally and physically. I wish everyone out there suffering from acne the best - I hope spiro works for you!