Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1109 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on February 9, 2008

I had moderate acne when I was a teenager and tried tetracycline, topical medications and even accutane. My skin was never "perfect" even after accutane. Within the past year I went back to the dermatologist and tried topicals, changing birth control, and antibiotics. Nothing helped, and I just would up with not just broken out skin, but dry flaky skin on top of it. It was a nightmare; I was starting to feel depressed and didn't even want to go out because of my skin. Out of desperation I went back on Yasmin as that was the only thing that really cleared up my skin, but it made me a little bit emotionally crazy and I couldn't stand it. FINALLY the dermatologist prescribed Spiro! I've been taking it for about a month and my skin has cleared up tremendously! I'm to the point where I'm not just thinking "ok, my skin is improving and clearing up," but I think "wow, my skin looks GOOD!" I still have a few blemishes, but with a little concealer, my skin looks pretty darn close to perfect.

Reviewed on February 9, 2008

I am supposed to take 50mg at night and in the morning but I only take the night dose because I felt weird until about 2pm. Doc also gave me Retin A for spot treatments (at night)and Benzaclin(in am). It seems that I have a glow which I've always envied people for and I still have had a couple of cyst since starting a month ago but don't get me wrong it is still better than what I dealt with in the past.

Reviewed on February 8, 2008

After trying a variety of acne medications (not only over the counter but also prescribed by my derm), incuding oral and topical, Spironolactone seems to be working the best. My breakouts appeared to be hormonal, however after a year of being on the birth control pill YAZ, my derm concluded that Spironolactone would compliment the effects of YAZ and overall balance my hormones. I stil break out, but episodes are fewer and further between. Does anyone know if consistently taking both YAZ and Spironolactone will eliminate my blemishes all together? Also, I was my face with Neutragena Oil Free face wash, does anyone know of anything better?

Reviewed on February 7, 2008

Unfortunately right now I'm in the beginning stages of taking this medication and it's made my skin HORRIBLE. I read up on a lot of people's experiences with this drug and they said it takes a while to really work, but that it does product good results. That alone is pushing me to be more patient with it, but this past month has been hell with my acne. Anyone have a reason/hypothesis as to why I only get breakouts on the right side of my face, and nothing at all on the left side? I don't sleep on my right side, I don't touch my face, nothing. It's very confusing.

Reviewed on February 6, 2008

I have used this for almost 3 months. Started on 50 for 2 weeks, 100 for 2 months, and now on 150 for the last week. Overall my acne has much improved, especially the cysts. I do still have one cyst and some inflamed spots. I'm trying to hang in there like the rest of you. I have suffered with acne since I was 11 and now I'm 41. Nothing has ever worked, not even accutane. My derm gave me Duac yesterday to add to the regime. I'll report back in a month or so to let you know my progress.

Reviewed on February 5, 2008

Just another thought - work outs will reduce testosterone too. Instead of a pharmacueticaly, try this daily first. That, as well as a healthy diet, few carbs and sweets if any, and 50grams of lean protein a day mixed with as many fruits and veggies! It sounds like a lot - but the reason our hormones are high to begin with is because we are usually too sedentary, don't eat right, and are overly stressed. Why not correct these things, and then go to drugs if it doesn't work?

Reviewed on February 1, 2008

I just began the Spiro about a week now, my dermatologist gave it to me to take with my birth control(Yaz)- it's my last resort for my sudden and painful breakouts.

He said that Spiro works in conjunection with the Yaz- in the amount of hormones- Progesterone v. Estrogen.

So, far my face is already clearing up, I'm not sure if it's the Yaz or Spiro causing me to be so tired and making me super sensative (i.e- crying).

Reviewed on February 1, 2008

I had horrible cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline before EVERY period. Horrible, deep pimples that took so long to clear up that I felt like I was always dealing with them.

I started on spiro and w/n the first month, my face improved dramatically. It has been maybe 5 months now and I think I've had one small cystic pimple...AND it cleared up right away!

I also use Avage and/or Tazorac at night.

I get compliments all the time on my skin! I don't think that has ever happened.

Try spiro. It's amazing.

Oh, I take 50 mg/day and then up to 75 mg/day the week prior to my period.

Reviewed on February 1, 2008

I wanted to respond to people's questions about how it effects your birth control and pregnancy. Be very careful if you're trying not to get pregnant, make sure you're taking the pill on time every day and if you don't wear a condom.

You also shouldn't take it when you're pregnant since it messes with your hormones. I actually no doctor in their right mind that would let you.

I will post in a few weeks with how well it has worked for me, keep your fingers crossed!

Reviewed on February 1, 2008

I have suffered with mild to moderate acne since the age of 12 and have always had very oily skin. However, I have always been able to control my breakouts with over the counter topical solutions and a consistent skin regimen. I turned 29 and that is when the problem began. I tried proactiv, murad, and monthly deep cleansing facials to no avail. My derm said that I was suffering from hormonal acne. I tried proactiv and murad to no avail. I am now taking 50 mg/day of spiro, tazorac pm, and sulfacetimide am and I am so impressed with the results. Although, I have not completely healed, people are beginning to notice the improvement. Thats a plus in my book!