Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1062 reviews

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on November 16, 2007

I think it is really short of a miracle. I have been taking it four a few years now. Intially I began with 25 mg have worked up to 100 mg then down to 25 mg. I don't know how long one can take this medication.

Reviewed on November 13, 2007

I want to continue using it, I like the results. I am concerned about the blood testing and not sure what the purpose of that is. Is it just for potassium levels or is there more to it?

Does anyone know if the longer you are on it does it become less effective. I read a post that said they were bumped up from 50mg to 150mg. I think I could use a higher dose but want to be more certain of safety.

Reviewed on November 12, 2007

I really hope this is the answer to my specific problem which is occasional cysts. Ive never (knock on wood) really had all over acne. Just the occasional cyst that pops up usually close to (mainly before) my period. Since im so hypersensitive about my skin these really, really bother me. I was even considering going on accutane although my situation is not as desperate as most who go on accutane. Its just that nothing really seems to work for these deep and hard cysts. I really hope this is the answer and i will update all of you who are also concerned with your own cystic acne.

Reviewed on November 11, 2007

This medication transformed my skin. I didn't just get rid of my acne, I got BEAUTIFUL skin!!!

Reviewed on November 9, 2007

I had clear skin thru H.S. and collage then BAM! like a bat out of hell, my face just went crazy! I had the most painful cyst all over my face and unless I got them injected they wouldnt heal up for weeks! I tried every antibiotic you can think of, every cream, even steriods!! The only option I had left was accutane but I didnt want to go that harsh.

I finally had a new dermatologist tell me about this and after about a month my face looks amazing!!! I still have a little scaring but other then that no new break outs!!! its amazing! Ill get a tiny break out around my period that last literally a day. I take 50mg 2x a day and I swear its a miricle. try it its awesome!!! No side effects other then having to pee. Just make sure you drink a lot of water!!!!

I LOVE THIS DRUG!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on November 9, 2007

Does anyone have a dermatologist in NYC they would recommend who prescribes them Spiro? I have had a great experience with this medication, but most of the doctors I have seen do not like to prescribe it, since it's off-label for acne.

Reviewed on November 6, 2007

I was on this for 6 months last year and my face cleared up great. I stopped taking it, and 4 months later I started breaking out again. I had regular, controllable acne until I had my daughter (in 1994). I've done a course of Accutane, which didn't clear me completely, and I don't intend to take it again, if at all possible. I've been back on the spiro for 8 weeks and my face is clear. I was also on Retin-A Micro when I started the spiro and I think that may have contributed to some of the acne I was continuing to get after I started back on the spiro. I stopped using the RAM last week, and it made a big, immediate difference. I don't know why I keep trying to use Retin-A. I've been unable to use it every since my course of Accutane (finished in 2002), but I keep trying. Anyway, I'd give the spiro a try. I'm 43 and don't intend to stop taking it. I've been suffering from acne for 31 yrs, severe acne for the last 13 yrs. My derm said it takes about 6 months to see the full benefits.

Reviewed on November 4, 2007

ive taken this for the passed 1 1/2 and its been a miracle! i started of 50mg and i notice a change within the first month but eventualli i was moved up to 150mg. it took me about 3monthes to see a full change. no oil no acne!

im not as grumpy and my periods are less painful. a blessing!! no more wasting money on products that didnt work!!!!!!

o and i personally hate flavored pills......

just try this for a few monthes...its cheap and may work.

Reviewed on November 3, 2007

Works. Simple and effective. I think though this is really best for hormonal adult acne. I am 37 and have battled acne all my life and have never found anything to make it go away. Retin-a micro worked for a time to lessen it but stopped working and never made it go away like this has.

Reviewed on October 30, 2007

I used to get terrible back acne and chest and cystic acne on my chin and jawline. I am 35. I have been taking 100mg of spiro since Jan 2007. It is a miracle what spiro has done for for my skin. All summer I was in tanks and sundresses! Lovely.