Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 995 reviews

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on March 11, 2007

After everything my derm could think of failed to cure my horrible acne (yes - I was on accutane, it did nothing!), she sent me to a renown acne specialist at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He prescribed a combination of spiro (150 mg/day) and birth control pills, and explained that the drug was just beginning to be used to treat acne, but I should still give it a try. Well, 4 years later, my skin is 100% acne and oil free...I am still on the same therapy he prescribed when I was in high school, so I know spiro will not lose its effectiveness.

Reviewed on March 8, 2007

I was diagnosed with hormonal cystic acne last fall at the age of 33. Started Spiro in mid-December. 50 mg twice a day. Within 4 weeks noticed marked decrease in oil production. No more oily spots, don't ever have to touch up my powder during the day. VERY NICE.

At 6 weeks, noticed some improvement in cystic breakouts, only appearing prior to cycle rather than throughout month. At 2 month visit, Dr. increased dosage to 100 mg twice a day. Have been very drowsy this week. May back off my dosage to 75 mg twice a day and ease into the higher dosage.

Added bonus: What I call "hag hair," i.e. crazy long, random hair on my jawline and chin has decreased. :-) And my pores have gotten smaller since oil production has decreased.

Reviewed on March 1, 2007

I love it and i hope the side effects subside.

Reviewed on February 27, 2007

This has been the best thing that I have ever found to treat my oily skin and acne!! It has been truly amazing! What a blessing!!

Reviewed on February 27, 2007

I have had problem skin for 30 years now. I am 43 and it was getting worse. I have tried everything out there, way to much money spent on hope. I was reading up on medications for hormonal acne, or adult acne, before seeing my OB/GYN. I found Spironolactone. I read up on it for two days before asking my doctor. I am on 25 mg twice a day and have been on it for two weeks. I am one happy camper. There is hope. Good luck to all.

Reviewed on February 23, 2007

It cleared up my acne, my skin is absolutely beautiful and rid me of terrible migraines. Just upset I can't be on it when pregnant, that'll be a tough journey. Anyone know how long you have to be off of it before trying to get pregnant??

Reviewed on February 7, 2007

Because of the severity of the acne I will still take it even though I no longer have a healthy sex drive. It sucks but I cannot go back to how my skin was before.

Reviewed on February 6, 2007

I am so hopeful about this stuff...but I have yet to see one tiny sign of improvement. I'm only on 25 mg. Most of the postings I've seen show improvement after 50-100 mg. I'll be patient and see how it goes.

Reviewed on January 27, 2007

Highly recommend it for adult/hormonal acne over Accutane and Diane 35/Androcur. Try it before the others drugs. Studies show it is pretty safe in terms of side effects.

Reviewed on January 26, 2007

I have only been on spiro (100mg a day) for about 10 days so I am not sure the pro's. My skin has broken out way worse than before I started the med. I read so many good things about this medicine. Did anyone else have this same problem? If so, how long did it take to start working?