Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1161 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Anonymous
Reviewed on May 7, 2008

Daughter's been on it 3 yrs, nothing cleared up her skin until this. Terrible hormonal unbalance that went undetected until this wonderful doc in TX. I had hysterectomy and my skin went haywire. So, our fav doc put me on it and life was beautiful again. I've been on it about a yr now. Note to others who have trouble with results: my pharmacy recently switched providers for the drug and the new pills didn't work at ALL. We called and got them switched back to the old supplier and now it works like magic again. I had no idea that in our country we could get FAKE medications. Too disappointing. Don't lose the faith. Try another supplier. Maybe your pharmacy is purchasing from the same one that sent us fake pills. I know the real stuff works.

Blondie, Queens
Reviewed on May 6, 2008

My gyn will no longer give me the regular birth control pill because I am a smoker and over 35. (please dont comment on the smoking) She switched me to the minipill which I later found out, causes acne many times. Anyway, my cystic acne seemed to be more frequent. I couldnt look people in the eye. It devastated me. So, I found this new fabulous dermatologist who got me on this med immediately. 25mg's and in three weeks the 5 cysts I had were gone (even though they probably woudl have been gone anyway) BUT, I have had only one big one since and it has now been about two months. I saw my dermatologist and expressed my disappointment in the number of whiteheads since we have been so aggressive, and she has now increased my spironolactone dose to 50mg. I am also at the end of the Isolaz laser treatment which I am very disappointed in. I have had 7 treatments at $375 and really expected to have borderline perfect skin by now. I am pretty convinced now it is really the spironolactone.

Sherry, WA
Reviewed on May 5, 2008

I have been on spironolactone for the past 5 weeks. Started with 50 mg X 2 weeks, then 100 mg X 2 weeks and now 150 mg. I have moderate-severe acne. My skin has become less oily. I continue to break out but it seems to resolve faster. I see a slight improvement in my skin.

Does anyone get their potassium levels checked periodically???

Julia, San Francisco, CA
Reviewed on May 5, 2008

I've been taking this drug for about a month now at 100 mg a day and have already seen great results. My skin is a lot clearer and I haven't had a cystic acne since my start date.

My only complaint is that I've been peeing a lot more frequently at night, which can be annoying for obvious reasons. My Dr. told me that I should see significant results within 3

months. I can't wait!!

Melissa, Tennessee
Reviewed on May 4, 2008

I have cystic acne from working out and usually around the time of my period. I have had only 1 breakout in the 6 months I have been taking this period. However, I have only had 1 period. I also lost a lot of weight and went from a size 10 to a 6 because I am no longer bloated (yay!). There are many benefits to this medication- I reccommend it!

Giselle, Los Angeles California
Reviewed on May 4, 2008

works great on oily and acne prone skin, just takes a few weeks to work but well worth the wait.

Lara, Longview Wa
Reviewed on May 3, 2008

I am 34 and have had moderate acne my whole life. I've been on antibiotics and accutane. I'm tired of all the side effects of acne medicines so i'm trying this. I am also drastically changing my diet and started cleansing and exfoliating my face. I have been doing some research on how to clear acne naturally. I have become a Vegan and eat nothing but fruit and vegetables and tofu. I also do not eat nuts. I read that nuts aggrevate existing acne. I wash my face with sulfer soap in the a.m. and cetaphil cleanser at night. I exfoliate with baking soda at night. I exercise daily which can also make acne worse. So immediately after I run I take a cold shower. I read that cold showers help reduce acne. I also use a very mild mosterizer and a organic acne reducer instead of retinal A. Dermatologists have always told me to only wash my face with water, but since I've been gently washing my face and getting rid of the dirt and makeup my face feels and looks better. anyone else?

Tara, Wyoming
Reviewed on May 3, 2008

just stick it out.

and don't review it after three goddamn days.

Stephanie, Seattle, WA
Reviewed on May 1, 2008

I just started using Spironolactone 3 days ago. I am taking 50mg/day. I have really oily skin and I breakouts on my chin mostly. My face is still really oily. Does it take awhile for it to work? Maybe it is because I take the pill at night? That is what my doctor told me because I have another pill that I take in the morning (Oracea) along with benocline.Any thoughts?

Lyssee, Nashville
Reviewed on April 30, 2008

I've had mild acne since I was 12. I had fairly good results controlling it with antibiotics, duac and other assorted topicals. Then 6 months ago at age 16, I developed moderatly severe cystic acne... my face was ravaged! The cysts were deep and painful, as many as 15 at once. My derm put me on spiro 50mg/day which made my acne worse for about 2 weeks!! Then i began to see some improvement. After 4 weeks, my dose was increased to 100mg/day which helped even more. My skin has improved greatly and now I only have mild breakouts before my periods. I'm scheduled to start accutane next month but I'm reluctant to switch to something new when I dont feel I've given spiro enough time to work its wonders! May postpone and give spiro at least 6 months. It has been a lifesaver. No side effects, just a few more trips to the bathroom at first.