Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1147 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on April 14, 2008

Months 1-2: Terrible breakouts, they were cycstic and as everyone knows, these were painful. Began to clear up after second month, and saw a great reduction of oil on my face.

Month 3: So this is my third month going into my fourth and I only have about 3 cycstic ones. My Md said that I will begin to see the real difference once I get into my fourth month.

I currently use 100mg daily along with Yasmin.

I will absolutely keep using Spiro, b/c so far I lost only my acne. That's something worth using..

Reviewed on April 13, 2008

This is an amazing product. For the first time in 25 years, I am acne free! My skin is clear, and it feels smooth. My doctor initially prescribed it to clear my excessive hirsutism(hairiness) It has significantly reduced that which I am happy about, but the best thing is to be acne free! I turned 40 in December, and I have suffered from acne since I was 13. The only other product to have shown some improvement was Accutane which I took at 20, but that seemed to be short term. Other than that, I have always had the acne. I have also always felt dependent upon my makeup to cover embarassing break outs. Now I can go out with only mascara, and not worry. Spironolactone had been a lifesaver for me.

Reviewed on April 13, 2008

Love love love this stuff. I'm thrilled with the results so far. Only catch is that it seems to have made my period go away. It's only been two months so maybe I'll adjust. I take 100mgs a day.

Reviewed on April 12, 2008

I have been ruled by my acne for too long and decided to find a doctor that would truely help me. I get so embarassed about my acne that I physically do not leave the house, I have called in sick, skipped school, and I do not make plans because I never knoe if I will have a breakout. I finally found a doctor that would prescribe me spiro and I am hoping that it works as well as other have said. I have great skin other than my chin, where I get horrible cystic acne as well as anything else my face wants to through at me. I have only been on Spiro for 9 days but I have already noticed a difference in my oil production, which is much less. I have not had a hoorible intiial breakout, but had many spots pop up. When these popped up they actually hurt and itched, the next day they were healing and did not hurt anymore. I pray that this medicine works, I do not want to try Accutane, my last resort.

Reviewed on April 9, 2008

I am excited about this pill! I am taking 50mgs/2x per day. I had a horrible initial breakout, with pimples of every sort in places that I hadn't normally gotten them. My chest is almost completely clear after 3 weeks and my back is too. My face looks SO much better. The lessening of oil production has improved my overall complexion dramatically I think. I am going to stick with this pill for four months no matter what and hope for the best.

Has anyone else experienced cramping in their legs? Mine hurt terribly and it is making me nervous-- but I don't want to report this to my doctor as I am even more afraid that she will take me off spiro and my acne will return full-force. any suggestions?

Reviewed on April 8, 2008

After my acne graduated to cystic acne thanks to stress... I was at my wits end, finally my dermatologist recommended going to an endocrinologist... she made my life hell but gave me a prescription after 5 weeks... within 24 hours, i saw a huge difference in my face, and within 24, it was a 100% difference

i started off with 25mg once a day for two weeks, then graduated to 25mg twice a day for two weeks, then 50mg twice a day... since then, i've come back down to 25mg per day.. thats it... but it was a GODSEND!

Reviewed on April 8, 2008

I have been taking 50mg/twice day for 6 going on 7 months. I have also been using Benzaclin 2 times/day for the same period. Also taking lo-ovral BC. I wash face twice/day with Aveeno face wash (non-frag/non-salicylic acid). I have used EVERYTHING (antibiotics, retin-a micro (all strenghts) differin, duac, you name it, I've tried it. Been suffering for 6 years (beginning at age 18) from moderate-severe cystic acne. By the end of 1st month noticed huge changes. Much smoother skin, much less oily. Was initially using BP 10% on back, but after 2 months no longer needed it! Completely clear on my back still! Month 5 I began to notice HUGE changes in my face. I would NEVER have left the house without painstakingly covering all my acne before. I now go out in public regularly with NO makeup!! This is my 6th month, and even during the bad week before my period, I didn't have a SINGLE breakout! Try it, it will change your life!

Reviewed on April 7, 2008

I'm still waiting for Spiro to kick in. I've only been taking it for 11 days so I guess I shouldn't expect much so soon. My derm prescribed 50 mg/day along with 200mg/day of doxycycline. I've had a terrible initial breakout. My acne hurts and itches really bad. I can actually feel when a new zit is forming. I've suffered from cystic acne for about 6 years and have tried a lot of products. Hopefully this will work...It's so embarrassing to have acne! I'm a little worried about this initial breakout...hope it clears up SOON! I will update in a few weeks.

Reviewed on April 6, 2008

Well, I have only been on this medicine for a few weeks. I have pretty much taken everything for my skin - ProActive, multiple topical medicines and pills, including Accutane (TWICE!!) and really nothing has worked. I am 20 years old and I have had bad acne since I was about 11 or 12. I'm pretty desperate and I am really hoping that I see a difference with this medicine. I have only been on it for a short period of time, so I am going to keep on trucking. I have read all of these reviews, and from what I've read everyone raves about this medicine, so I really hope this works for me! I feel like this is my last chance!

How long before you all started to see a difference??

And is 50mg 2x a day a good dosage?

Reviewed on April 5, 2008

You've spent too much time with ineffective topicals and antibiotics. If you can't find a dermatologist to prescribe spiro then it's time to seek out an endocrinologist. Not all endos require a referral. Also, if one won't prescribe it, KEEP GOING til you find one that does. Androgen hyper-sensitivity is a real condition and should be treated with an appropriate medication. It's your life, it's worth the fight! I really love this stuff. After three months usage, my skin is quite dry and I don't worry about breaking out. I'm just healing up from past damage. I don't think there is an initial breakout. It does NOT work like Retin A or Accutane, nor is it a hormone like birth control. It is a HORMONE BLOCKER. My Dr. says it may cause a rash in a few, but not breakouts. If people have experienced a breakout when they started up, it's most likely coincidence. My endo. said it takes 3-6 months for good results and 1 year for full results. It gradually reaches it's full blocking potential.