Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1129 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on March 31, 2008

I will continue taking it! I has worked better for me than all the anti-biotics, topicals and even the accutane.

Reviewed on March 27, 2008

Thanks for all of the reviews! I am a 46 year old female (yes, how pathetic!!!) Was on accutane appx. 7 years ago - worked wonders / began to break out again and was given accutane again but only for two months (not sure why - had no problems) Anyway - different dr. sugested spiro and hopefully will work - only taking 50mg/day. i am breaking out quite a bit now but will keep on truckin!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Reviewed on March 23, 2008

It's not "Jesus Christ" that has cleared your skin, you know, it's a MEDICATION developed by SCIENTISTS. You know, do to with Science, the arch enemy of Religion. Haha, delusion is funny.

Reviewed on March 22, 2008

God loves you--he sees your tears and frustration and he wants you to have hope for your skin.

Reviewed on March 19, 2008

I have been using Spiro for almost 5 weeks now. I started with 50mg/day for the first 2 weeks and had a terrible breakout at the end of the 2 weeks. Went up to 100mg/day and since then my skin has slowly gotten better. The oiliness has reduced and all my acne has almost cleared. I have suffered from very bad cystic acne since 18 years (now 36) and tried everything from antibiotics, glycolic/chemical peels, green peels, roacctutane and Diane 35. I was on Diane 35 for over 10 years and this was effective until a few years ago. I also tried Acnease for 5 weeks previous to trying Spiro but that didnt work at all for me but gave me gas and stomach problems. Hopefully my skin will heal now and will get better. I also had my androgen/hormone levels tested and they were all normal. Despite this my endoc put me on spiro because he said that my body was just sensitive to androgens.

Reviewed on March 17, 2008

Try it! If you have hormonal acne; if you are a woman who has heavy or irregular periods and has had acne for awhile. You may be like me and have PCOS and this stuff works wonders for the acne. I feel like I have different skin. I swear people don't want you to know about this because they want to keep making money off you trying to find a cure for your acne, when this medicine is cheap and works very well.

Reviewed on March 17, 2008

THIS IS AMAZING!! I have spent thousands of $$ trying to get my Acne under control. I have tried EVERYTHING from antibiotics to Accutane, to laser peels and NOTHING has worked. In 1 week (5 days before my period when my acne is at its worse) NOT A SINGLE PIMPLE ON MY FACE!! Just scars. I am a bit angry with the doctors who have SUCKED so much money out of me leading up to this. I hope it continues to work this well. I need to ask if my daughter can use it. She is 14. Does anybody know if she would be able to use it?

Reviewed on March 13, 2008

I've only been taking spiro for 4 weeks now. I had a massive breakout to begin with which was hard to deal with. I didn't want to go outside, i didn't participate in my usual sporting activities and didn't go out much with my friends. I felt so ugly and self conscious. I even avoided my boyfriend because i felt so terrible. Anyway, slowly my skin is improving. My pimples are not as massive (usually cystic acne on my neck, back and chest), they don't last as long and are not as deep. My skin is a bit dry and now i have many little bumps all over my jaw line. Not really pimples, kind of sand paperish. But I'm going to stick this out for three months and see when happens. I'm really hoping this time that it clears up, this has been 10years of struggling with bad skin. I'll update in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed on March 8, 2008

I have been on Spironolactone for a little over a month. I have definitely seen an improvement in oiliness. I am mostly clear now. I get a few small zits here and there... it seem usually around my period. I am only taking 50mg a day. I may go back to the derm. and up the dosage to 75mg, which may completely clear me up. I didn't experience any side effects but dizziness. It only happened a few times and hasn't happened in a long time now. So I think it was just my body adjusting to the medication. All n all I have had a great experience so far on Spironolactone. I definitely recommend giving it a try!