Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1052 reviews

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on October 28, 2007

After tolerating acne from early teens into my 40's and having tried EVERYTHING except Acutane, I found spirno eliminated my constant oiliness and outbreaks. Switched derms and the new one will not perscirbe. I'm checking with my primary physican at my next check up and if she won't perscribe I'll go back to my previous derm. I was only taking 25mg everyother day. I'm pushing 47 and so fed up with the shine and zits on my face and back. Sprino worked for me.

Reviewed on October 27, 2007

if this product is suppose to work.. i am still waiting. I have been using it for 2 weeks now.

Reviewed on October 24, 2007

SHOOOT ME! I have been using this now for about 5 months and I am on 100mg a day. It seems to have been working fine until the last few weeks. I now have cysts and pimples all long my mouth and jaw line. I called my derm about a week or so ago and they said that sometimes it happens, but now I am really annoyed because I spend a lot of money on this and I am getting new pimples everyday.

Reviewed on October 24, 2007

I am on my 9th day of taking 100mg and I think my skin looks good- I have only had 2 small pimples pop up (this could be due to me picking- ew sorry- and that time of the month). They have gone away quickly. I am also on Ortho Cyclen (sprintec) so I am hoping this will help in addition to the spiro. I was really expecting to break out REALLY badly because of the other reviews on this site, and I am happy to say this is not the case. I also have not had to make any extra bathroom trips (water usually runs quickly through me anyway). One thing I have not read about though is my fingernails today all of a sudden feel a lot smoother and stronger- could this be because of the spiro?? Not a bad thing...

Reviewed on October 23, 2007

The cons aren't enough to make me stop taking it. I tried a couple of time to stop and my acne came roaring back. I also had some associated underarm sweatiness and smell and sensitivity on my temples for several months. I eventually got tired of this as none of the symptoms improved after almost a year, so I went back on it. I have been taking it for about 15 years now. I am 46 and will likely try going off of it again in a few years to see if I have outgrown the acne yet.

Reviewed on October 12, 2007

I noticed a decrease in oil in just a few days but I didn't see a difference in acne until month 3, then it just stopped. I was getting depressed because I didn't think it was working for me, I didn't have a gradual decrease in spots; they just stopped altogether after 3 months.

I developed acne (cystic & nodule) in my late 20's and continued to get worse over time (I am 35). Nothing over the counter worked and I didn't want to use antibiotics or BCP's so when I heard of Spironolactone I knew I had to try it. Acne on a woman over 30 is just not right; we should be concerned about keeping wrinkles at bay, not acne!

I am so happy to have found something that works and is affordable, I do not have insurance so cost was a big concern for me. I was pleasantly surprise to find that Spironolactone is a $4 prescription at Giant Eagle Pharmacy (a local grocery chain). I take 150mgs per day so the cost is $24 per month.

Spironolactone has been an answer to my prayers!!!

Reviewed on October 9, 2007

I have been taking Spironolactone for approx 3 years. Used to suffer from hormonal cystic acne that left really bad scars (primarily on chin). I am happy to say that I can't remember the last breakout that I had. My skin has been clear and the cystic stuff non existent. I take 75mg per day.

Reviewed on October 2, 2007

My derm prescribed spiro in addition to Duac and Differin. My acne was mostly little bumps all over my jaw and around my mouth, and little bumps on my forehead. After 2 weeks of seeing no change for the better or worse, it was like my face exploded, and all of a sudden I was getting a new cyst every day oround my jaw and chin. After 2 months, my derm took me off of it and put me on minocycline and it's only been a week and I'm already seeing improvement. She said spiro can be a miracle drug for some women and do nothing for others, and that you really can't know unless you try. But it definitely didn't work for me.

Reviewed on October 1, 2007

I suffered with jaw line acne from late teens to mid 30's I tried alot of medications with no results. I met Dr. Lamberg and he was the first to explain that I suffered from hormonal acne and he prescribed spironolactone. I used it in various mg's per my doctor for several years and at age 42 I am acne free I do not get break outs anymore and I have stopped using it.

Reviewed on September 26, 2007

Although I don't take spiro for acne, I stumbled open this website and thought I'd share my experience for those who do suffer with skin issues.

I get the occasional hormone induced breakout, usually on the cheek or forehead. My skin is extremely oily though and has been since before puberty.

I've been on spiro for 16 days and have yet to experience any new breakouts. After examining my skin this morning, I realized it looked dryer than normal, even flaky in some parts. We've had temperatures in the 70s and 80s here with high humidity so I can't even attribute this difference to a change in weather.

My skin looks clearer over all and I tend to scar easily from breakouts, yet those areas seem to be fading fairly quickly. I'm just amazed in the improvements to my skin in such a short amount of time.

I think it also may be worth noting that I also get occasional breakouts on my upper arms, which have not resurfaced in the past two weeks.