Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1120 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on March 8, 2008

I have been on Spironolactone for a little over a month. I have definitely seen an improvement in oiliness. I am mostly clear now. I get a few small zits here and there... it seem usually around my period. I am only taking 50mg a day. I may go back to the derm. and up the dosage to 75mg, which may completely clear me up. I didn't experience any side effects but dizziness. It only happened a few times and hasn't happened in a long time now. So I think it was just my body adjusting to the medication. All n all I have had a great experience so far on Spironolactone. I definitely recommend giving it a try!

Reviewed on March 7, 2008

This works great. I have had acne since I was 12. I had used almost every single acne product on the market and nothing worked. I even did a stint with acutane and that worked at first but eventually the acne came back.I have been on Spironolactone for more than 3 years. I started out with 50 mg doses at 2x/day however am now down at 1x /day. I have noticed my skin has acted up since I have reduced the dosages and has become a lot oilier. I may try going back up 2x/day but then I am worried I will become depended on it. Ovreall, I would definitely recommend it if you are struggling with acne.

Reviewed on March 3, 2008

My doctor presribed spiro to help with both hormonal acne and some coarse hair growth in my chin area. The acne on face, neck, and back has pretty much disappeared. I've been on it for over a year now and have had none of the negative side affects others mention like thirst or excessive urination. But I haven't seen a decrease in the number of several coarse dark hairs on my chin area. Still plucking away...

Reviewed on February 28, 2008

This stuff is incredible. My acne went away and I've only had a few little bumps along my hairline, tiny, like little grains of sand that brush away and don't come back. I've been on this stuff for three months, I had a 90 day supply, and when I had only 9 pills left I ordered my refill. Well, it's been two weeks and my order's gotten lost in the mail or something, so I've missed my doses for about four or five days now. The meds cleared my skin up beautifully, with zero negative side effects. I love the stuff. The weird thing is that I thought I was breaking out a tiny tiny bit when I finally ran out of it completely, and since I've been off it the mini break-out vanished. I thought you were supposed to break out awfully if you stopped taking it? Weird. I'm expecting to wake up with awful skin very soon, but that's the mail-people's fault, not the meds. (It also tastes yummy and minty.)

Reviewed on February 24, 2008

I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks and I have already seen an imporovement. I'm on 25mg and I go in a week to get a stronger dose (50mg). I'm also currently using retin-A, and finecia. The combination of all 3 and cleansing my face every morning and night seems to really be helping. I do have old acne scars on my face and I'm looking into microdermabrasion! I even bought bare minerals (make-up) as a treat when I complete this process of clearer skin! I can't wait for this summer to have beautiful skin and not coat my face in make-up to hide myself!

Reviewed on February 23, 2008

I am a 30 year old medical student with POCS, mild acne and hiruisitism (and very poor spelling). Anyway, I was on spiro (plus birth control) years ago as a teenager and it did wonders for my skin- clearing up acne after a few months of use. I went off it as my skin cleared on its own in my early 20's and I took care of my facial hair with laser hair removal (really wonderful for those with dark facial hair). But now with the stress of med school my skin started breaking out again and i decided to go back to the spiro (plus some retin-a this time) and its been a nice improvement.

This drug is a diuretic - drink your water! And reduce the dose if you get dizzy. Talk to your doctor -OBGYN or dermatologist.

Dose - starting 25mg 2x/day.

max dose 100mg 2x/day. It is a very short acting - need 2x a day dosing to be most effective.

Reviewed on February 21, 2008

Nothing has worked for my like this! I had TERRIBLE acne on my face and back and this is the only thing that got rid of it. I still get the occasional breakout during that time of the month but it is completely tolerable. In response to ANRsays, I am also on Yaz and yes, if you take Spiro and Yaz together for a few months, you will have great skin!!!!!!!

Reviewed on February 21, 2008

I have had rally horrible cystic acne on my chin for about the last 10+ years, consistently.....one pops up just as the others recede, and it's a never ending story...... I had tried antibiotic) benzaclin, birth control but NOTHING worked. As everyone else says, within the with 2 months I had a HORRIBLE breakout....probably the worst in my life. But once it cleared up, it cleared up for good! first I was 25mg, then 50 mg, and now 50 mg twice a day. I never thought ANYTHING would heal my acne. Spironolactone is amaizng! A wonder drug for hormonal acne. I reccommend it 105%

My new cleansing plan is 50 mg of spiro in the AM along with probiotics & garlic capsules, and the same repeated in the night before bed. And I also wash my face in the shower with Cetephil Antibacterial Soap and the combo works WONDERS!

Reviewed on February 20, 2008

IF YOU ARE DISCOURAGED BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT THIS MEDICINE IS NOT WORKING PLEEEEASE STICK IT OUT! I have been taking Spiro for about 2 months now and I have seen a huge difference in the reduction of painful cysts and blemishes. I felt so horrible because my skin looked worse than ever that I barely wanted to go anyone or be up close to anyone. I was especially concerned with the lighting everywhere I went because my face was that bad. Within the last week I have seen an improvement and it has been 2 months.At some points it seems like 2 steps forward, and then 2 steps back, but It is important to stick it out! It stinks, but you have to be patient! Give it 3 months! It seems to be working for me, and I have tried everything under the sun except for accutane. I am hoping for even clearer skin at 3 months like everyone says!

Reviewed on February 16, 2008

I have been taking Spiro for over a month now. My reason for taking it - facial and body hair. I neer really had much acne problems - very minor! It doesn't seem to be improving the hair issues as of yet but my face is looking more even toned. I also have always had an extremely oily complexion which seems to have reduced somewhat. I am on 50mg p/day. Does anyone know how long it takes before one notices an improvement in the hair growth?