Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1135 reviews

Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on April 4, 2008

I have been on this for about 2=3 weeks. My skin looks horrible! i, just like most of you, dont even want to go out of the house! and it hurts... my face actually hurts from all the acne on it! im just hoping that its just bringing it to the surface and it will all be over soon...

Reviewed on April 4, 2008

Here's my story:

Month 1: Gradually increased from 50 to 100 mg/day over 2 weeks and experienced the side effects and noticed ONLY that my face was less shiny, no noticeable decrease in acne. Checked potassium levels, no significant increase.

Months 2-3: Increased from 100 to 200mg/day - lips seemed dry and cheeks got quite dry and I was thirsty often. Side effects diminished after one week. Scalp became far less oily (no need to wash it every day - hooray! - and shedding seemed decreased) acne greatly diminished on face EXCEPT for chin, neck and jawline, where is was almost worse. Had two periods within 1 month.

Months 4-5: Side effects diminish, except no period for over 2 months and mild constipation. Acne on neck and jawline virtually gone, but still persistent acne on chin in very small amounts (basically 1 or 2 at a time)

Months 6-7: Periods still irregular; taking fiber for regularity, otherwise minimal side-effects. Have had NO ACNE for about a month. Pota

Reviewed on April 3, 2008

I've been using this for 3 months and my initial break out was so bad my family asked if I was stressing and my friends asked about my face. I had wonderfully clear skin all until I hit age 22 and started getting a cyst every month. It eventually increased to 8-10 cysts a month. I am starting to see results with spiro only after three months, but the first three months were hell for me. Although I am seeing results, my face is still breaking out in huge cysts in unusual places (I usually get them on my jawline and cheek) such as above my mouth, temple, and nose. My doctor has registered me on iPledge to start accutane next month.

Reviewed on April 3, 2008

After reading all these reviews I was terrified that this medication would make me react horribly. But surprisingly, I have had no side effects, I don't even urinate more than I usually do!

I have tried everything from clean and clear all the way up to antibiotics both topical and internal. I have used Differen, Clindigel, and Glycogen but nothing has worked quite as well as spiro has for me.

Normally I will break out really bad right before my period but this time around, only one little zit came up that disappeared in a day or so. I have felt several little cystic ones attempt to come up since but none have become that nasty painful bump on the surface, they just disappear!

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a milder solution than accutain as i was. It works very well.

Good luck everyone. I hope this helps. And sorry i do not know how much it costs because my mom paid for it for me.

Reviewed on April 2, 2008

It is worth asking for. My dermatologist wanted me to try Accutane (I don't have bad acne, just extremely oily skin.) My teenage daugher is taking Accutane now and it is such a hassle with the HCG and other blood tests she has to go through each month. I asked him if he would prescribe spiro for me, and he said "sure." I can't believe it is working so well. Wish I had known about this years go. It would have saved me a lot of heartache and embarrassment.

Reviewed on April 1, 2008

As with most everyone else that has posted, I tried everything (other than Accutane) prior to trying this medication. It has been just over a month and I am really starting to see a difference now! My doctor said she has never had the medication fail and the absolute longest it took for any patient to see results was ~6 months... she said average is ~3 months. Now to figure out what to do about the scarring...

Reviewed on March 31, 2008

I will continue taking it! I has worked better for me than all the anti-biotics, topicals and even the accutane.

Reviewed on March 27, 2008

Thanks for all of the reviews! I am a 46 year old female (yes, how pathetic!!!) Was on accutane appx. 7 years ago - worked wonders / began to break out again and was given accutane again but only for two months (not sure why - had no problems) Anyway - different dr. sugested spiro and hopefully will work - only taking 50mg/day. i am breaking out quite a bit now but will keep on truckin!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Reviewed on March 23, 2008

It's not "Jesus Christ" that has cleared your skin, you know, it's a MEDICATION developed by SCIENTISTS. You know, do to with Science, the arch enemy of Religion. Haha, delusion is funny.