Page 97 of Spironolactone reviews

4.2/5 - 1084 reviews
Spironolactone

25 mg, 50 mg or 100 mg of Spironolactone.

Calcium sulfate dihydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, peppermint flavor, polydextrose, polyethethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized (corn) starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide and triacetin.

Reviewed on January 12, 2008

I have been on everything under the sun. Accutane (straight for 3 years, no breaks- made me super aggressive and angry), every antibiotic made (Augmentin worked the best, but bad diarrhea- & got sick/flu all the time), I've tried every over-the-counter & TV gimmic. Have been batteling acne since i was 9. I am now 24 and acne free for the first time "consistently"! I wash my face twice a day w/Cetaphil Antibacterial soap, moisturize w/thier lotion, take a low testosterone Birth control-'Ortho Cyclen' (been on every BC too, Yaz made me crazy) and take 200mgs of Spiro once a day. Still have breakouts (couple zits here and there) but nothing like i had before.*Unorthodox but i swear this works too-'Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste'- for the bad unexpected zits-leave it on overnight, wash your face in the morning and it is all dried up! Do that for a couple days and the zit is gone. b4 i would have had that same bad zit for 2-3wks. Q: anyone know the TRUE risks of pregnancy & Spiro? y/n?

Reviewed on January 11, 2008

Ok, so my Derm' rx for me 100mg of spiro, taken 1 x day and 150mg of clindamycin to be taken 3 x daily. I have been on this for only 1 week and already I've noticed a huge difference. Less oil, breakouts are not cystic, and less puss. I have used every antibiotic you can think of along with all the topicals, and yes even accutance, twice. I've had acne since age 16, I am now 29. I hope spiro will work wonders for me. All I want or I should say all i need is great skin. I think I deserve it after such a long battle with acne not to mention the scars. I will check in again after 1 month. Good luck to all!! Great Skin for the new year.

Reviewed on January 7, 2008

I've had acne since 12, mild hirsuitism since 16, and I'm now 25. I was on spironolactone about five years ago, and it worked until I went off of it. Since about six weeks ago, I started out with 25 mg/day and didn't see any significant improvement, maybe a slight decrease in irritation/redness. I also got my period on time, which is rare. Then,a few weeks later I got the dosage bummped up to 50mg/day. Again nothing amazing. So about a week ago my doctor put me on 50mg/twice a day. I still haven't seen any major improvement yet, but I have hope since this drug worked before.

Question for anyone who has taken this drug long-term and at a higher(>50)dosage. How long did it take to start showing a significant improvement in acne and/or hirsuitism?

Reviewed on January 7, 2008

This is the ONLY thing that has ever helped my skin. Significantly regulated my oil production and lessened my body hair. Nearly eliminated the cystic acne I had suffered from for 15 years. Would get small whiteheads (which I never had before), but these would clear quickly. Since this is a diuretic, as an added bonus I usually lose 5lbs each time I restart this prescription (have been on it 2x). The formula that worked for me was 100mg spiro, solodyn, retin-a micro & washing with Glytone essentials. Did cause me to be extremely thirsty.

Reviewed on January 7, 2008

If nothing else has worked for you (especially topical) and if you've developed acne post-adolescence (like me), it's definitely worth a try! I am back on it after about 6 months off (due to moving, changing doctors, insurance, etc.) but it works for me, and I can't imagine going back. It makes me sad to read about other peoples' experience, looking in the mirror and wanting to cry, avoiding social situations...but there's hope!

Reviewed on January 6, 2008

I was prescribed spironolactone with differin gel about seven months ago at 50 mg/day. I broke out severely at first. After two months, I saw such little improvement that I went back to the doctor and raised my dose to 100 mg/day. Even then, I still broke out just less severely. It was only recently (about 4 months after raising my dosage) that I saw the improvement I'd heard about. I'm so happy I kept up with the product. I was told I would see full results in three months, but it was really after six. I would strongly encourage anyone battling hormonal acne to try spironolactone for a long period of time! Almost simultaneously, my breasts grew, my face became less oily, and my breakouts had VASTLY improved.

Reviewed on January 4, 2008

I am also using retin-A at night and tetracycline twice daily (my spiro dose is 100 mg). This is the beginning of my fourth month on this regimen, and I finally have clear skin. I am still dealing with red marks from the bad IB (which was all over my face, on parts that I had never broken out before), but I know these will fade in time. I can honestly say that the day I started using this product was the day that my cysts stopped.

Reviewed on January 3, 2008

anyone on a combo of spirono (50mg twice daily), rozac wash and Metrogel? Started 3 weeks ago with a little improvement, but now am having trouble. I also take Yasmin for PCOS.

Reviewed on January 1, 2008

I have been taking spiro for about three weeks. I definitely saw my belly get super flat but I havent notice much improvement in my acne. I was taking 100mg every day but I upped my dose to 200mg. I will probably slow downt to 150mg baceuse 200mg might be too much and I think a higher dose will not accelerate the process. I will defenitely keep taking it since it seemes like it starts working after month 3. Im also having the Smooth Beam laser done every month. I had my first treatment last month so I'll wait to see how things work all together. I was thinking about getting a prescription for Yaz since I will need the birth control.

Reviewed on December 30, 2007

I love this medication! Within three weeks of taking this, my skin started to clear up. I also use Ziana mixed with Duac for fading acne spots, and Cetaphil Daily Face Moisturizer. Once every two weeks, I use Plexion to reduce the oil production in my skin.

This combination has almost completely eliminated my acne, and faded the dark spots on my skin (I'm African-American, and we get dark spots from acne scars).

Before, I used the Duac mixed with Retin-A Micro pump, and it continually dried my skin out without reducing the acne.

I'm so happy my doctor prescribed this medicine!

Also, the women in my family tend to have thicker body hair (I had to shave my legs every day). After a month use, I noticed that my body hair is much much finer and thinner. What a bonus!