Page 5 of Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 150 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 05/24/2015 21:08 UTC

Reviewed on September 5, 2011

I used Spectro Jel September last year with the moisturizer, then after I finished about 5 months later, I decided to try different products... I BROKE OUT (I'm almost 40), even with Cetaphil. Needless to say I just bought Spectro Jel with a bonus Cream pack at Walmart (very very good price). I tired EVERYTHING from the very expensive name brands, to organic and Spectro Jel is always a return favourite.

Reviewed on August 29, 2011

People with moderate-severe acne should not be compaining that this product didn't work for them because it's not supposed to treat acne.It's for people with a small amount of pimples. IF YOU HAVE ACNE USE THE ORANGE BOTTLE NOT THE PURPLE ONE.

Reviewed on August 24, 2011

I have used spectro gel for months now, and have not seen an improvement in my acne, which was greatly dissapointing due to the number of good review on here. I use the purple bottle, and gently cleanse my skin with it for 30 seconds twice a day, and it has done nothing. Granted, the results could've been worse, as it could've harmed my skin.

Reviewed on August 21, 2011

everything you look for in a cleanser except it may be slightly TOO gentle as exfoliation of flakes it is not very good at. and it doesnt work as a shaving creme.

but its super gentle, oil free and wont clog pores, no alcohol, gel base, big pump bottle for a good price.

Canadian made product from a dermotologist recommended brand.

they also come in a DRY skin formula which i may try next to battle the skin flakes.

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

I've been using this product for about a week and I have seen only positive results with my face. My acne was cleared and stays cleared. It doesn't have any harmful chemicals in it. My face doesn't get dried from it.I will deffinently be repurchasing this cleanser. It is a miracle wash. I LOVE IT.

PS: I was using the facial cleanser - blemish prone skin unscented

Reviewed on July 30, 2011

This is pretty awful. I have super, super sensitive dry skin, and this really didn't work for me.

Reviewed on July 3, 2011

All the soaps I've tried in the past have done more harm for my skin than good; they dried out my skin, irritated it with harsh chemicals, etc.

Spectro doesn't clean the surface of my skin as well as other soaps did, but it does prevent my pores from getting clogged, and more importantly it protects my skin's natural moisture, so my skin doesn't get flaky and start breaking out afterward.

If you're looking for a gentle cleanser, I strongly recommend this product.

Reviewed on June 19, 2011

I have been using spectro jel religiously (twice a day, 30 seconds) due to the rave reviews I have seen on various websites.

Initially, it smells a bit like glue, but you'll get used to it

I have been using Cetaphil Sensitive Skin before I started using this, and I had no pimples whatsoever on my cheeks.

After couple of weeks after SJ, my cheeks gradually broke out more and more.

This continued to the point where I could just not take it anymore due to scarring, so I switched back to Cetaphil, and my face cleared within couple of days.

This may work on some skin types,

but in my case, it clearly did not.

Reviewed on June 15, 2011

Felt so nice I used it the night I got it and when I woke up some of my pimples were gone already!!! I also use dickinsons witch hazel 100% natural moisturizer it stinks really bad but it really helps too

Reviewed on May 24, 2011

After reading the positive reviews on this site, I decided to try out a new cleanser since I have sensitive/combo skin. This product sounded great, but after using it morning and night for 2 weeks, I've been breaking out like CRAZY! Little bumps on my face every where!! This clogged my pores in places were I don't normally get pimples. After I stopped using this cleanser my skin immediately cleared up. I gave it to my boyfriend and it broke him out too. :(