Page 4 of Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 150 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 04/28/2015 14:32 UTC

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

It is extremely gentle, but it doesn't feel clean. I've been using this product for over a year already. I can't seem to find any other products that suits my skin, but I am still on this product. I don't like it much because it doesn't make me feel clean or makes me feel that it changes my skin much.

I would recommend it to people that have light acne, because it really doesn't seem to do much to the skin and I don't even feel clean (sometimes I have to wash my face twice to get the fresh skin feeling).

by Andrea2013 on 07/25/2013 00:49
Tried this cleanser as a teenager to treat moderate-severe acne. Didn't not like it as it didn't not foam and therefore did not make my skin "feel clean." The problem is too many of us make this mistake, assuming that a rich lather is necessary to properly clean the skin. Now, in my mid twenties, after years of experimenting with numerous foaming cleansers, I have learned the hard way that these cleansers strip our skin of essential oils and disrupt our natural moisture barrier that acts as a defense against bacteria entering our skin and causing breakouts. They also cause our skin to overproduce oil as a defense mechanism, creating even oiler skin! I would urge everyone to get past this idea that we need to strip our skin of its natural oils with harsh cleansers in order to achieve clearer skin. Spectro Jel is a great gentle cleanser- give it a chance! One big downside however, it will not remove your makeup!! Although a little birdie once told me that any cleanser that is strong enough to remove your makeup is too harsh for your delicate skin!!
Reviewed on March 17, 2012

I was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis. It burned, was itchy and embarrassing. My doctor prescribed me minocycline 2x a day for 14 days then once a day for 7 weeks. I took it for 2 days thats it! I felt stoned, nauseous and very irritable. I searched the web & one person stated she tried Spectro Jel.. I went & purchased it immediately. That night i washed my face with it then applied a thin layer over the worst areas & left it overnight. OMG! in the morning my skin was cleared and the blisters were gone. I definitely recommend this product it's amazing!

Reviewed on January 8, 2012

I highly recommend this for oily skin

I still have 75% of this product left after a few weeks

Definitely worth the price

It came with a cute bag and light moisturizer (again, good for oily skin)

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

I use this in the shower everyday and it works great on my sensitive skin. I've tried everything and it only made my skin extremely dry and red. Spectro Jel however doesn't make my skin dry but only redens my skin immediately after I get out of the shower (redness will slowly go away after 10 minutes). That being said, I use it daily and in the shower. It's quick, easy, doesn't smell and keeps my skin pretty clear. I recommend using a different product for scars considering it does not clear those up. I also recommend using a light, oil free moisturizer after washing off the Spectro Jel if you are prone to dry skin.

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I started using this because I had allergic reaction to my last cleanser so my derma gave me this to use instead. I've been using this for quite a while and it's really good for people with sensitive skin. Also one tiny 50 ml bottle lasted me the entire summer! so it really stretches your dollar :)

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

didn't do anything for my skin.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

This product is AMAZING!!!

I absolutely love it! I had been struggling with acne on my forehead for months and months and this combined with Clindoxyl Gel and Differin XP, completely cleared my skin, I haven`t had any acne problems since I started using it about 4 months ago. :)

Reviewed on October 22, 2011

The best everyday gentle skin cleanser out there! I have even used to use cetaphil then switched to this and have been using it for over 2 years. I would not recommend this product for severe acne as it is too gentle.

For those who are complaining about blackheads, the only way to remove/prevent them is to get facials and use a SCRUB to exfoliate and prevent oil build-up!

Reviewed on October 2, 2011

This does work, however if you want to get rid of blackheads, i suggest something else.

in the colder seasons, it tends to irritate my skin. if you have sensitive skin, try the dry skin formula in the colder seasons to aviod redness.

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

i love spectro jel. I am only 13 but i needed a cleanser that was affordable,gentle,clears skin and doesn't harm the face.After using it for about 2 months my skin is amazing now!i will definitly be purchasing another one today