Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Average price: $11.50

Brand: Spectro Jel

Most helpful review

By E.B., montreal on 03/09/2013

For acne like mine (not too severe, but very persistent), I would recommend trying Spectro (for at least a month). It beat out all the other 20+ products I tried (from the expensive like Vichy to regular Neutrogena or St. Ives stuff). Although the gel feels a bit strange at first, it doesn't dry out your skin and it cleanses it thoroughly. However, this product really worked best when I used it along with the Spectro AcneCare Pore Vanishing Lotion (which is 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion).

Pros:
  • Keeps skin moisture
  • works
Cons:
  • If you care at all, it doesn't have those nice smells like some brands

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Member reviews

By on

The best everyday gentle skin cleanser out there! I have even used to use cetaphil then switched to this and have been using it for over 2 years. I would not recommend this product for severe acne as it is too gentle.

For those who are complaining about blackheads, the only way to remove/prevent them is to get facials and use a SCRUB to exfoliate and prevent oil build-up!

Pros

• doesn't dry out skin
  • prevents breakouts
  • washes away dirt and makeup

Cons

[not submitted]
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This does work, however if you want to get rid of blackheads, i suggest something else.

in the colder seasons, it tends to irritate my skin. if you have sensitive skin, try the dry skin formula in the colder seasons to aviod redness.

Pros

• works great for small blemishes
  • gets rid of acne in quick time period
  • easy to use
  • not time consuming
  • cheap

Cons

• does smell a bit
  • doesb't help blackheads
  • makes skin red (occasionally)
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 9.99

By on

i love spectro jel. I am only 13 but i needed a cleanser that was affordable,gentle,clears skin and doesn't harm the face.After using it for about 2 months my skin is amazing now!i will definitly be purchasing another one today

Pros

• gentle
  • cheap
  • no harmfull chemicals
  • doesn't strip face
  • protects skin's barrier
  • good for all ages
  • won't harm face over time
  • clears skin

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 8.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used Spectro Jel September last year with the moisturizer, then after I finished about 5 months later, I decided to try different products... I BROKE OUT (I'm almost 40), even with Cetaphil. Needless to say I just bought Spectro Jel with a bonus Cream pack at Walmart (very very good price). I tired EVERYTHING from the very expensive name brands, to organic and Spectro Jel is always a return favourite.

Pros

• Great Price
  • Gentle
  • helps with break outs
  • No Parabens
  • No Sls

Cons

• Does smell a bit
  • need to change between seasons (like blemish prone in summer, combo or dry for winter)
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 9.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

People with moderate-severe acne should not be compaining that this product didn't work for them because it's not supposed to treat acne.It's for people with a small amount of pimples. IF YOU HAVE ACNE USE THE ORANGE BOTTLE NOT THE PURPLE ONE.

Pros

• cheap
  • works
  • cleans face
  • doesn't strip face
  • protects skin
  • no harsh chemicals
  • clears skin in days

Cons

• absolutely no cons. it's risk free so try it.
  • light
  • inconsistently
  • $ 4.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used spectro gel for months now, and have not seen an improvement in my acne, which was greatly dissapointing due to the number of good review on here. I use the purple bottle, and gently cleanse my skin with it for 30 seconds twice a day, and it has done nothing. Granted, the results could've been worse, as it could've harmed my skin.

Pros

• Gentle
  • Cheap

Cons

• Doesn't help acne
  • Smells kind of weird
  • $ 9
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

everything you look for in a cleanser except it may be slightly TOO gentle as exfoliation of flakes it is not very good at. and it doesnt work as a shaving creme.

but its super gentle, oil free and wont clog pores, no alcohol, gel base, big pump bottle for a good price.

Canadian made product from a dermotologist recommended brand.

they also come in a DRY skin formula which i may try next to battle the skin flakes.

Pros

• extremely gentle
  • no oils
  • noncomedogenic
  • fragrence free
  • no alcohol
  • clear gel base
  • big bottle, cheap price

Cons

• cant be used as shaving cream
  • could exfoliate better
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 11.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this product for about a week and I have seen only positive results with my face. My acne was cleared and stays cleared. It doesn't have any harmful chemicals in it. My face doesn't get dried from it.I will deffinently be repurchasing this cleanser. It is a miracle wash. I LOVE IT.

PS: I was using the facial cleanser - blemish prone skin unscented

Pros

• Cleared my face in two days
  • Not harmful to the skin
  • Does not dry skin
  • Feels great putting it on
  • Does not foam so its hard to get into your eyes
  • unscented

Cons

• Could not find any flaws with this product
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is pretty awful. I have super, super sensitive dry skin, and this really didn't work for me.

Pros

• Moisturizing, my face did not get dry and flaky.

Cons

• Made little red dots pop up on my face within a couple days, made my pores look huge, filled up, and more pronounced.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 15.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

All the soaps I've tried in the past have done more harm for my skin than good; they dried out my skin, irritated it with harsh chemicals, etc.

Spectro doesn't clean the surface of my skin as well as other soaps did, but it does prevent my pores from getting clogged, and more importantly it protects my skin's natural moisture, so my skin doesn't get flaky and start breaking out afterward.

If you're looking for a gentle cleanser, I strongly recommend this product.

Pros

• Gentle
  • Non-irritating
  • SLS- and paraben-free
  • No fragrance or dye
  • Doesn't dry out your skin

Cons

• Doesn't exfoliate and doesn't remove all make-up
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.