Page 3 of Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 151 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 08/30/2015 15:04 UTC

Reviewed on September 3, 2012

I had originally bought the Spectro Jel Deep Pore Vanishing lotion and when it took out most of my harsh acne, I decided to give the rest of the line a try. This cleanser is absolutely wonderful. Combined with the product I mentioned above and their moisturizing facial lotion, my face is looking almost 100% clear and almost oil free! I had tried other cleansers and acne products with no luck, but this cleanser is a total skin saver! Bottom line is, after you get used to the smell (which isn't even that pungent) it's an excellent buy, it does what the bottle claims, the price isn't too bad and I fell in love with this product after the first use. I use 1 pump, morning and night, every day and I've never felt so confident in my skin. I hope everyone else can share a similar experience to mine, Good luck!

Reviewed on August 16, 2012

My mother recommended Spectro Jel for Blemish pron skin-fragrance free! 500ml for me because she knows how sensitive my skin is and i just break out to almost half the other cleansers i use. So a week has past now since i have been constantly using Spectro jel every morning and every night and I am so thankful for her suggestion that almost all my acne is gone and my face is sooooo smooooth! thank you mommy. i dont know what i would do without her.

Reviewed on August 1, 2012

I've been using it for over a year now and it works amazingly. I first began using it when I started my accutane treatment and since then I fell in love with.

Reviewed on July 30, 2012

I've used Spectro Jel for about a year now and it works great! When I have breakouts it gets rid of them relatively fast, and helps prevent future breakouts as well. The one thing I love about Spectro Jel is that it doesn't dry out your skin at all, which has been a major problem that I've had with other acne products. Overall, I definitely recommend this to everybody.

Reviewed on June 30, 2012

I have struggled with acne for a while, but it got worst once I entered High School. I literally tried EVERYTHING in skin care, it all bothered my skin and I have sensitive skin, all the other products didn't have different cleansers it was one or you couldn't find one. I went to my local pharmacy and asked the experts on what would work for my sensitive combination skin, they handed me Spectro jel and said "Try this, You'll love it.", And I DID!!

Bottom line is, if you are like me I can say you'll love it!

Reviewed on June 7, 2012

Spectro Jel is a good starter cleanser for any skin care regimen or for anyone wanting a cheaper and no-frills substitute. The product delivers medium effectiveness at a very attractive price range. In addition, I’ve never experienced dryness or irritation from using Spectro Jel.

ADVICE:

Get free samples from your dermatologist if you have one. Otherwise, start off with the smaller 200mL version available in grocery stores. The last thing you want to do is buy the large format only to find out it’s not for you. For greater cost savings, go with the 900mL version available only at Costco. For greater convenience, Well.ca offers the 500mL format for $11.91 with free shipping in Canada.

For more reviews of acne products, see my blog at [link removed]

Reviewed on June 4, 2012

it worked but after about a month it become uneffective and a waste of time, i also hated the smell.

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

Bottom line, give it time.

When we use many other commercial cleansers they strip your face of all oils good and bad that can cause signs of early aging...yuck!

When you use those harsh cleansers your skin will over compensate and often produce more oils and you'll feel the need wash more often. Also the feeling of dry tight skin can be associated with the feeling of being clean and it's really not the case you'll just have a face of drying chemicals. Aka benzoyl peroxide

I'm not saying all other face washes are bad but many just perpetuate the problem. No matter what you use the two most important things are...Balance meaning moisture and cleansing. And last but not least Routine...our skin is like a

Nickel cadmium battery. Charge it when it needs charging but not every chance you get or it will work like crap. Simple and consistent wins the clear skin race.

Reviewed on May 27, 2012

It does what it is supposed to do: CLEANSE the skin. Cleansers/face washes do not help rid acne, it just cleanses the surface for the next stage in your daily routine (ie. DKR, moisturizer, makeup, etc.)

Reviewed on May 18, 2012

I have sensitive skin with light acne.My sister reccomended spectro jel to me but I found that it did nothing for my skin at all.I switched to cetaphil.Cetaphil is for sensitive skin as well but smells great is at a reasonable price and i actually noticed my skin getting clearer with cetaphil.Do not waste your money on Spectro Jel , go for CETAPHIL!