Page 3 of Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 147 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 03/04/2015 12:57 UTC

Reviewed on June 30, 2012

I have struggled with acne for a while, but it got worst once I entered High School. I literally tried EVERYTHING in skin care, it all bothered my skin and I have sensitive skin, all the other products didn't have different cleansers it was one or you couldn't find one. I went to my local pharmacy and asked the experts on what would work for my sensitive combination skin, they handed me Spectro jel and said "Try this, You'll love it.", And I DID!!

Bottom line is, if you are like me I can say you'll love it!

Reviewed on June 7, 2012

Spectro Jel is a good starter cleanser for any skin care regimen or for anyone wanting a cheaper and no-frills substitute. The product delivers medium effectiveness at a very attractive price range. In addition, I’ve never experienced dryness or irritation from using Spectro Jel.

ADVICE:

Get free samples from your dermatologist if you have one. Otherwise, start off with the smaller 200mL version available in grocery stores. The last thing you want to do is buy the large format only to find out it’s not for you. For greater cost savings, go with the 900mL version available only at Costco. For greater convenience, Well.ca offers the 500mL format for $11.91 with free shipping in Canada.

For more reviews of acne products, see my blog at [link removed]

Reviewed on June 4, 2012

it worked but after about a month it become uneffective and a waste of time, i also hated the smell.

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

Bottom line, give it time.

When we use many other commercial cleansers they strip your face of all oils good and bad that can cause signs of early aging...yuck!

When you use those harsh cleansers your skin will over compensate and often produce more oils and you'll feel the need wash more often. Also the feeling of dry tight skin can be associated with the feeling of being clean and it's really not the case you'll just have a face of drying chemicals. Aka benzoyl peroxide

I'm not saying all other face washes are bad but many just perpetuate the problem. No matter what you use the two most important things are...Balance meaning moisture and cleansing. And last but not least Routine...our skin is like a

Nickel cadmium battery. Charge it when it needs charging but not every chance you get or it will work like crap. Simple and consistent wins the clear skin race.

Reviewed on May 27, 2012

It does what it is supposed to do: CLEANSE the skin. Cleansers/face washes do not help rid acne, it just cleanses the surface for the next stage in your daily routine (ie. DKR, moisturizer, makeup, etc.)

Reviewed on May 18, 2012

I have sensitive skin with light acne.My sister reccomended spectro jel to me but I found that it did nothing for my skin at all.I switched to cetaphil.Cetaphil is for sensitive skin as well but smells great is at a reasonable price and i actually noticed my skin getting clearer with cetaphil.Do not waste your money on Spectro Jel , go for CETAPHIL!

Reviewed on April 20, 2012

I started using this in about October. It is now April and my skin is still improving. I recently combined this face wash with Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cleanser. It has really helped it work better, even though the Tea Tree stuff didn't work well on it's own. I have dry skin. I would recommend this.

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

It is extremely gentle, but it doesn't feel clean. I've been using this product for over a year already. I can't seem to find any other products that suits my skin, but I am still on this product. I don't like it much because it doesn't make me feel clean or makes me feel that it changes my skin much.

I would recommend it to people that have light acne, because it really doesn't seem to do much to the skin and I don't even feel clean (sometimes I have to wash my face twice to get the fresh skin feeling).

by Andrea2013 on 07/25/2013 00:49
Tried this cleanser as a teenager to treat moderate-severe acne. Didn't not like it as it didn't not foam and therefore did not make my skin "feel clean." The problem is too many of us make this mistake, assuming that a rich lather is necessary to properly clean the skin. Now, in my mid twenties, after years of experimenting with numerous foaming cleansers, I have learned the hard way that these cleansers strip our skin of essential oils and disrupt our natural moisture barrier that acts as a defense against bacteria entering our skin and causing breakouts. They also cause our skin to overproduce oil as a defense mechanism, creating even oiler skin! I would urge everyone to get past this idea that we need to strip our skin of its natural oils with harsh cleansers in order to achieve clearer skin. Spectro Jel is a great gentle cleanser- give it a chance! One big downside however, it will not remove your makeup!! Although a little birdie once told me that any cleanser that is strong enough to remove your makeup is too harsh for your delicate skin!!
Reviewed on March 17, 2012

I was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis. It burned, was itchy and embarrassing. My doctor prescribed me minocycline 2x a day for 14 days then once a day for 7 weeks. I took it for 2 days thats it! I felt stoned, nauseous and very irritable. I searched the web & one person stated she tried Spectro Jel.. I went & purchased it immediately. That night i washed my face with it then applied a thin layer over the worst areas & left it overnight. OMG! in the morning my skin was cleared and the blisters were gone. I definitely recommend this product it's amazing!

Reviewed on January 8, 2012

I highly recommend this for oily skin

I still have 75% of this product left after a few weeks

Definitely worth the price

It came with a cute bag and light moisturizer (again, good for oily skin)