Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Average price: $11.50

Brand: Spectro Jel

Most helpful review

By E.B., montreal on 03/09/2013

For acne like mine (not too severe, but very persistent), I would recommend trying Spectro (for at least a month). It beat out all the other 20+ products I tried (from the expensive like Vichy to regular Neutrogena or St. Ives stuff). Although the gel feels a bit strange at first, it doesn't dry out your skin and it cleanses it thoroughly. However, this product really worked best when I used it along with the Spectro AcneCare Pore Vanishing Lotion (which is 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion).

Pros:
  • Keeps skin moisture
  • works
Cons:
  • If you care at all, it doesn't have those nice smells like some brands

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Member reviews

By on

It does what it is supposed to do: CLEANSE the skin. Cleansers/face washes do not help rid acne, it just cleanses the surface for the next stage in your daily routine (ie. DKR, moisturizer, makeup, etc.)

Pros

• Cleans gently
  • Lasts a while
  • Easy to find in stores
  • does what it's supposed to do

Cons

• pricey
  • smell
  • texture
  • ~~but all of these are personal issues~~
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have sensitive skin with light acne.My sister reccomended spectro jel to me but I found that it did nothing for my skin at all.I switched to cetaphil.Cetaphil is for sensitive skin as well but smells great is at a reasonable price and i actually noticed my skin getting clearer with cetaphil.Do not waste your money on Spectro Jel , go for CETAPHIL!

Pros

• No harsh ingredients
  • reasonable price
  • come in travel size
  • good for sensitive skin
  • basic cleanser

Cons

• bad smell
  • bad texture ( gel like )
  • saw no improvement whatsoever
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started using this in about October. It is now April and my skin is still improving. I recently combined this face wash with Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cleanser. It has really helped it work better, even though the Tea Tree stuff didn't work well on it's own. I have dry skin. I would recommend this.

Pros

• relatively cheap, no smell, comes off nicely, doesn't dry skin, cleared acne fairly well

Cons

• didn't completely clear acne
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is extremely gentle, but it doesn't feel clean. I've been using this product for over a year already. I can't seem to find any other products that suits my skin, but I am still on this product. I don't like it much because it doesn't make me feel clean or makes me feel that it changes my skin much.

I would recommend it to people that have light acne, because it really doesn't seem to do much to the skin and I don't even feel clean (sometimes I have to wash my face twice to get the fresh skin feeling).

Pros

• Okay price
  • Not much smell
  • Very gentle
  • Didn't make me break out

Cons

• Doesn't remove makeup
  • Doesn't seem to do much to my skin
  • Doesn't feel clean after it
  • Didn't clear my skin
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 13

By on

I was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis. It burned, was itchy and embarrassing. My doctor prescribed me minocycline 2x a day for 14 days then once a day for 7 weeks. I took it for 2 days thats it! I felt stoned, nauseous and very irritable. I searched the web & one person stated she tried Spectro Jel.. I went & purchased it immediately. That night i washed my face with it then applied a thin layer over the worst areas & left it overnight. OMG! in the morning my skin was cleared and the blisters were gone. I definitely recommend this product it's amazing!

Pros

• cured my perioral dermititis
  • didnt have to use antibiotics
  • scent free
  • easy to use
  • doesnt burn
  • affordable
  • gentle

Cons

• none
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I highly recommend this for oily skin

I still have 75% of this product left after a few weeks

Definitely worth the price

It came with a cute bag and light moisturizer (again, good for oily skin)

Pros

• Cheap
  • Cleared my skin
  • Gel consistency feels great when massaging
  • Washes off easily/Leaves no residue
  • (When skin is clear) Leaves skin looking healthy

Cons

• Slight fragrence
  • Does not clear scars and black heads
  • Does not exfoliate
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10

By on

I use this in the shower everyday and it works great on my sensitive skin. I've tried everything and it only made my skin extremely dry and red. Spectro Jel however doesn't make my skin dry but only redens my skin immediately after I get out of the shower (redness will slowly go away after 10 minutes). That being said, I use it daily and in the shower. It's quick, easy, doesn't smell and keeps my skin pretty clear. I recommend using a different product for scars considering it does not clear those up. I also recommend using a light, oil free moisturizer after washing off the Spectro Jel if you are prone to dry skin.

Pros

• Doesn't dry skin
  • Scent free
  • Great cleanser
  • Easy to use
  • No burning sensation
  • No harmful chemicals
  • Cheap

Cons

• Doesn't clear scars
  • Will make skin slightly red after usage
  • Takes a bit longer to see results
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10

By on

I started using this because I had allergic reaction to my last cleanser so my derma gave me this to use instead. I've been using this for quite a while and it's really good for people with sensitive skin. Also one tiny 50 ml bottle lasted me the entire summer! so it really stretches your dollar :)

Pros

• Recommended by my dermatologist
  • Cleans face really well
  • Does prevent acne
  • Good for sensitive skin

Cons

• Doesn't take away acne, only prevents it
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

didn't do anything for my skin.

Pros

• scent free
  • gentle
  • cheap

Cons

• didn't clear up acne
  • didn't prevent acne
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is AMAZING!!!

I absolutely love it! I had been struggling with acne on my forehead for months and months and this combined with Clindoxyl Gel and Differin XP, completely cleared my skin, I haven`t had any acne problems since I started using it about 4 months ago. :)

Pros

• Everything!
  • Cleared acne right away
  • Feels good on the skin
  • No itching/burning
  • Gentle
  • Dosen't dry skin out
  • Bottle lasts a long time, about 4-5 months (used 1 pump twice a day)
  • Can be bought in a mini travel- size

Cons

• Doesn't exfoliate
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.