Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Average price: $11.50

Brand: Spectro Jel

Most helpful review

By E.B., montreal on 03/09/2013

For acne like mine (not too severe, but very persistent), I would recommend trying Spectro (for at least a month). It beat out all the other 20+ products I tried (from the expensive like Vichy to regular Neutrogena or St. Ives stuff). Although the gel feels a bit strange at first, it doesn't dry out your skin and it cleanses it thoroughly. However, this product really worked best when I used it along with the Spectro AcneCare Pore Vanishing Lotion (which is 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion).

Pros:
  • Keeps skin moisture
  • works
Cons:
  • If you care at all, it doesn't have those nice smells like some brands

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Member reviews

By on

I decided to give the spectro acne care line a try. My face did not respond negativaly or positivaly. Absolutely nothing happened to my face.

For me, I really needed something with a creamy lather and i need a makeup removing cleanser.

this product was definatly not for me.

Pros

• very gentle
  • bottle lasts

Cons

• too gentle/does not clean well
  • absolutely no lather
  • does not remove makeup at all
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use this product in the morning and it keeps my acne stable which is awesome. I love it and it is reasonable priced.

Pros

• Clears acne fast
  • Doesn't dry out your skin

Cons

• None!!!!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 7.5

By on

I had originally bought the Spectro Jel Deep Pore Vanishing lotion and when it took out most of my harsh acne, I decided to give the rest of the line a try. This cleanser is absolutely wonderful. Combined with the product I mentioned above and their moisturizing facial lotion, my face is looking almost 100% clear and almost oil free! I had tried other cleansers and acne products with no luck, but this cleanser is a total skin saver! Bottom line is, after you get used to the smell (which isn't even that pungent) it's an excellent buy, it does what the bottle claims, the price isn't too bad and I fell in love with this product after the first use. I use 1 pump, morning and night, every day and I've never felt so confident in my skin. I hope everyone else can share a similar experience to mine, Good luck!

Pros

• Not too pricey
  • Felt good on my skin
  • Cleared up my face
  • Doesn't make my skin oily
  • Big bottle, lasts ages

Cons

• Smell was odd at first, not bad
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 11.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My mother recommended Spectro Jel for Blemish pron skin-fragrance free! 500ml for me because she knows how sensitive my skin is and i just break out to almost half the other cleansers i use. So a week has past now since i have been constantly using Spectro jel every morning and every night and I am so thankful for her suggestion that almost all my acne is gone and my face is sooooo smooooth! thank you mommy. i dont know what i would do without her.

Pros

• skin feels well cleansed and refreshed!
  • I loooooove it!!!!!
  • no dry face!
  • :D

Cons

• Dermatologist's recommended it so it can never be bad! its awesome!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using it for over a year now and it works amazingly. I first began using it when I started my accutane treatment and since then I fell in love with.

Pros

• Prevent breakouts
  • Clean/ moisturized skin
  • Gentle
  • Glowing skin

Cons

• None.
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've used Spectro Jel for about a year now and it works great! When I have breakouts it gets rid of them relatively fast, and helps prevent future breakouts as well. The one thing I love about Spectro Jel is that it doesn't dry out your skin at all, which has been a major problem that I've had with other acne products. Overall, I definitely recommend this to everybody.

Pros

• • Helps clear acne
  • • Helps prevent acne
  • • Does not dry out skin
  • • Only takes 30 seconds to apply
  • • Good price for how well it works

Cons

• • Absolutely none - it's perfect
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have struggled with acne for a while, but it got worst once I entered High School. I literally tried EVERYTHING in skin care, it all bothered my skin and I have sensitive skin, all the other products didn't have different cleansers it was one or you couldn't find one. I went to my local pharmacy and asked the experts on what would work for my sensitive combination skin, they handed me Spectro jel and said "Try this, You'll love it.", And I DID!!

Bottom line is, if you are like me I can say you'll love it!

Pros

• Great for sensitive skin
  • Doesn't dry out skin
  • Clears acne
  • Different types for different skin
  • Doesn't break moisture barrier
  • Leaves skin soft and clean

Cons

• A bit pricey
  • smell
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Spectro Jel is a good starter cleanser for any skin care regimen or for anyone wanting a cheaper and no-frills substitute. The product delivers medium effectiveness at a very attractive price range. In addition, I’ve never experienced dryness or irritation from using Spectro Jel.

ADVICE:

Get free samples from your dermatologist if you have one. Otherwise, start off with the smaller 200mL version available in grocery stores. The last thing you want to do is buy the large format only to find out it’s not for you. For greater cost savings, go with the 900mL version available only at Costco. For greater convenience, Well.ca offers the 500mL format for $11.91 with free shipping in Canada.

For more reviews of acne products, see my blog at [link removed]

Pros

• Great bang for your buck (paid $18.00 for 900mL at Costco)
  • Dermatologist recommended
  • Free of “irritating ingredients”
  • Does not dry out skin (hooray!)

Cons

• Gel can feel discomforting and gooey
  • Only available in Canada
  • Not very portable
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 18

By on

it worked but after about a month it become uneffective and a waste of time, i also hated the smell.

Pros

• worked for about a month

Cons

• smells funny, and it felt weird, bit too pricey for size
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Bottom line, give it time.

When we use many other commercial cleansers they strip your face of all oils good and bad that can cause signs of early aging...yuck!

When you use those harsh cleansers your skin will over compensate and often produce more oils and you'll feel the need wash more often. Also the feeling of dry tight skin can be associated with the feeling of being clean and it's really not the case you'll just have a face of drying chemicals. Aka benzoyl peroxide

I'm not saying all other face washes are bad but many just perpetuate the problem. No matter what you use the two most important things are...Balance meaning moisture and cleansing. And last but not least Routine...our skin is like a

Nickel cadmium battery. Charge it when it needs charging but not every chance you get or it will work like crap. Simple and consistent wins the clear skin race.

Pros

• Works very well
  • Smells fine

Cons

• Can't think of one
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.