Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 151 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 11/24/2015 21:04 UTC

No Frills No Gimmicks Cleanser
Reviewed on August 22, 2015

The spectro gel cleansers is as its name suggests a gel like cleanser that is very mild. It can be applied on a damp or dry face and cleanse very well on either. There's no after film feeling like some cleansers make your skin feel. The pumping mechanism makes it easy to apply the gel. This is dermatologically tested and its safe to use. I highly recommend any of the spectro gel line of products

Love it
Reviewed on April 27, 2015

I never had acne up until I was about 15 I'm 18 now and the acne is still here. I started using spectro when I was around 16 and it's worked wonders. it keeps my skin soft, it doesn't irritate sensitive skin, and it clears you up. only thing it doesn't do is clear up breakouts as fast as other products

Finally a Product That Worked
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

As a teenager I never used to get acne (only a pimple here and there every few weeks). However, in my early twenties my skin changed and I started getting cystic acne. I tried many products and nothing worked as well as I would have liked. That is, until I started using Spectro Gel. My stepmother actually had recommended it to me (she swears by it) and I understand why she likes it so much. My face cleared up within weeks and now I get the occasional pimple once in awhile. On most days I even wash my face once a day and it still works wonders! I love that even if I have combination skin, the blemish-prone skin product doesn't make my skin too dried in my dryer areas, even during those dry Winter months!

When using the product, I highly recommend you take about a minute or so to massage the product on your face. It may seem strange at first since it doesn't foam (it's more like a gel). Also, you should give yourself about six weeks to see if it works for you.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on April 14, 2015

Spectro Jel seems to do the trick for a lot of people, so I would probably recommend it.

However, it didn't work for me at all. I used it for almost a year, and I was getting really tired of my acne because I would wash my face twice a day, and I'd still get pimples! Especially the giant ones that you don't see and are under the skin. I stopped using Spectro Jel to see if that was the cause. It turns out, I was right. Spectro Jel was the problem. I didn't get any new pimples after that. That could've just happened to me, so don't stop yourself from trying it out at least!

"Great to keep smooth skin, but not so good for acne."
Reviewed on February 22, 2015

This cleanser hasn't removed any of my acne. Actually after 3 weeks of usage, washing my face in the morning and at night my acne got worse. But with pairing this up with an acne cleanser I have noticed that it helps keep my skin smooth and soft. I wouldn't recommend this if you're having acne problems, but if you're just looking to use a light cleanser and keep your skin soft, this is the right product.

Works Well but Does Not Remove Makeup
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

This cleanser is a pretty good product! It has a really nice feel on the skin; light and cool. It's very gentle, so it would be great for someone with sensitive or easily irritated skin. I applied it when my skin was dry and rinsed it off with warm water.

The only downside is that it does not remove makeup, so if this is your sole cleanser, any foundation/concealer/powder etc. is not effectively removed, and this can cause or worsen acne.

As long as you pair this with a makeup remover or makeup-removing wipes, you shouldn't have any problems!

ill keep buying this stuff
Reviewed on September 3, 2014

this cleanser is really light and good feeling on the skin. it doesnt clear up my acne much but it keeps my skin smooth and oil-free. hate the smell though

Great gentle base for topicals
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I used Spectro when I was a teenager and didn't like how it didn't foam or make my skin feel squeaky clean, so I stopped using it. In my twenties, my acne became terrible (inflamed pustules all over my face) after antibiotic use. I started using Spectro again (the purple one) after a pharmacist told me to cleanse with it when I was prescribed a harsh topical. It was great at calming my skin down after I had scrubbed my skin to the point of inflammation and irritated my face by trying a different cleanser every week. I'm not sure how good it is at clearing pimples on its own, but I definitely don't think it makes them worse because of how much gentler it is than other medicated cleansers. For me, it didn't make my skin extremely clean because my pores were still clogged, but as long as they didn't turn into pimples I was happy. Make sure to massage it in circles on your face for a good 20 seconds. I think it works best when I do this in a warm shower, when my pores are more open. I didn't like it when I was younger, but I guess it takes some getting used to! In short, Spectro is great for giving your skin a break from the harsher cleansers, especially if you're using a topical.

Works Really Well.
Reviewed on February 6, 2014

The first time I used Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin I felt a difference that night, it felt way cleaner! About a week later I started seeing a difference. Now, I have clear skin! ~I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart

Amazing, but it does take some getting used to.
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I have suffered from moderate to severe acne for many years (about 20 actually). I have spent literally thousands of dollars on treatments, products, facials, machines, you name it! But my cystic acne and my really deep black heads would not budge. I always attacked my face with the most anti-bacterial, harshest scrubs, pro-active, accutane, and deep cleansing masks I could find (I know now that this was just exacerbating my problem). Finally, one day, I thought I'd try the super gentle approach and see if it improved the condition of my skin (I had nothing to loose, it was already so so bad). I was really skeptical, plus it did not feel like it was cleaning and felt really weird to rub this stuff on a dry face but, lo and behold, this stuff worked!

It does not lather or foam! Even with water it stays gel-ish. I use about 3 full pumps on my dry face (after I remove my mascara) and massage it it circles all over my face (concentrating on areas where my black heads like to form). After about 1 minute of rubbing this on, I rinse my face really really well with lukewarm water. I found the more I rinse the softer my skin feels. I use this every night and occasionally in the mornings.

My black heads are much MUCH better now, the redness has been drastically reduced (I can go out of the house and feel confident with no foundation or concealer to hide chronic redness), and moisturizers WORK now, instead of just making black heads worse and my skin greasy (I use Calia All Natural Skin Moisturizer everyday in conjunction with Spectro Jel and it has changed my life).

My skin is very dry/dehydrated and sensitive. I find that I don't even need to exfoliate as much anymore (maybe once per week or once every 2 weeks) since switching to this cleanser. I have been using it for two years, faithfully and consistently, because every time I try something else my skin looks and feels terrible.

Once you start trying this, give it at least two weeks of using Spectro every day before you expect visible improvements. Good Luck!