Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin reviews

4.3/5 - 147 reviews

Brand: Spectro Jel

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

Spectro Jel Cleanser 500ml (17 Fl.oz.) Pump (For Blemish Prone Skin (Fragrance Free))
updated: 03/30/2015 20:40 UTC

Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin

"Great to keep smooth skin, but not so good for acne."
Reviewed on February 22, 2015

This cleanser hasn't removed any of my acne. Actually after 3 weeks of usage, washing my face in the morning and at night my acne got worse. But with pairing this up with an acne cleanser I have noticed that it helps keep my skin smooth and soft. I wouldn't recommend this if you're having acne problems, but if you're just looking to use a light cleanser and keep your skin soft, this is the right product.

Works Well but Does Not Remove Makeup
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

This cleanser is a pretty good product! It has a really nice feel on the skin; light and cool. It's very gentle, so it would be great for someone with sensitive or easily irritated skin. I applied it when my skin was dry and rinsed it off with warm water.

The only downside is that it does not remove makeup, so if this is your sole cleanser, any foundation/concealer/powder etc. is not effectively removed, and this can cause or worsen acne.

As long as you pair this with a makeup remover or makeup-removing wipes, you shouldn't have any problems!

ill keep buying this stuff
Reviewed on September 3, 2014

this cleanser is really light and good feeling on the skin. it doesnt clear up my acne much but it keeps my skin smooth and oil-free. hate the smell though

Great gentle base for topicals
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I used Spectro when I was a teenager and didn't like how it didn't foam or make my skin feel squeaky clean, so I stopped using it. In my twenties, my acne became terrible (inflamed pustules all over my face) after antibiotic use. I started using Spectro again (the purple one) after a pharmacist told me to cleanse with it when I was prescribed a harsh topical. It was great at calming my skin down after I had scrubbed my skin to the point of inflammation and irritated my face by trying a different cleanser every week. I'm not sure how good it is at clearing pimples on its own, but I definitely don't think it makes them worse because of how much gentler it is than other medicated cleansers. For me, it didn't make my skin extremely clean because my pores were still clogged, but as long as they didn't turn into pimples I was happy. Make sure to massage it in circles on your face for a good 20 seconds. I think it works best when I do this in a warm shower, when my pores are more open. I didn't like it when I was younger, but I guess it takes some getting used to! In short, Spectro is great for giving your skin a break from the harsher cleansers, especially if you're using a topical.

Works Really Well.
Reviewed on February 6, 2014

The first time I used Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone Skin I felt a difference that night, it felt way cleaner! About a week later I started seeing a difference. Now, I have clear skin! ~I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart

Amazing, but it does take some getting used to.
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I have suffered from moderate to severe acne for many years (about 20 actually). I have spent literally thousands of dollars on treatments, products, facials, machines, you name it! But my cystic acne and my really deep black heads would not budge. I always attacked my face with the most anti-bacterial, harshest scrubs, pro-active, accutane, and deep cleansing masks I could find (I know now that this was just exacerbating my problem). Finally, one day, I thought I'd try the super gentle approach and see if it improved the condition of my skin (I had nothing to loose, it was already so so bad). I was really skeptical, plus it did not feel like it was cleaning and felt really weird to rub this stuff on a dry face but, lo and behold, this stuff worked!

It does not lather or foam! Even with water it stays gel-ish. I use about 3 full pumps on my dry face (after I remove my mascara) and massage it it circles all over my face (concentrating on areas where my black heads like to form). After about 1 minute of rubbing this on, I rinse my face really really well with lukewarm water. I found the more I rinse the softer my skin feels. I use this every night and occasionally in the mornings.

My black heads are much MUCH better now, the redness has been drastically reduced (I can go out of the house and feel confident with no foundation or concealer to hide chronic redness), and moisturizers WORK now, instead of just making black heads worse and my skin greasy (I use Calia All Natural Skin Moisturizer everyday in conjunction with Spectro Jel and it has changed my life).

My skin is very dry/dehydrated and sensitive. I find that I don't even need to exfoliate as much anymore (maybe once per week or once every 2 weeks) since switching to this cleanser. I have been using it for two years, faithfully and consistently, because every time I try something else my skin looks and feels terrible.

Once you start trying this, give it at least two weeks of using Spectro every day before you expect visible improvements. Good Luck!

Just have to use it correctly...
Reviewed on December 7, 2013

The key to SJ is to take a solid few minutes to massage it into your face. It isn't a detergent-based cleanser, so it will not instantly pull up oil to be rinsed off - its an emulsifier, and needs to be worked into the skin. Added bonus is without the soap factor, you won't notice much dryness after using it. Try it out, i'd been using it incorrectly for a long time, but now with this and a weekly salicylic acid scrub I'm clear pretty much year round!

Spectro jel
Reviewed on September 1, 2013

I went to my family doctor because my skin was breaking out too much and it bothered me. So he recommended spectro jel, and said to use a squirt every morning and night to wash my face. This product is AMAZING. In about 2 weeks using it my face cleared up and it prevent me from breaking out as much. Also my face use to be so oily but its not anymore. I recommend this! And I found this product at Walmart for 15$ but I went to target and it was on clearance for 6$ so I got 3 for the price of one!

Pretty Good
Reviewed on July 23, 2013

I started using Combination skin cleanser for about a year and it worked okay for me. My t-zone is oily but in between my eyebrows is dry so it cleared up my face pretty good. But i realized that you had to put lotion on after that so that your skin wouldn't dry. Then i recently switches to blemish prone skin and i immediately saw a difference. I don't use the recommended lotion after i wash my face but i saw that i had less pimples then ever. It didnt dry out my skin. I love it. I will forever stick with Spectro. In the future i would like to try the spectro lotion.

Pretty Awesome.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Awesome cleanser, and about as gentle as it gets. Doesn't over-dry skin, and gets the job done.