Spectro Derm Cleanser reviews

2.8/5 - 4 reviews

Brand: Spectro Derm

Spectro Derm Cleanser

Butylene Glycol, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone copolyol, diazolidinyl urea, ethanol, glycerin, hydrated silica, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, isoprene glycol copolyol, PEG 60 almond glycerides, polysorbate 20, sorbitan oleate, triethanolamine, purified water.

Unimpressed
Reviewed on February 24, 2014

Let me just start off by saying that I am a young adult with VERY dry, acne prone and sensitive skin and so initially, I was intrigued by this product. Most of the facial cleansers that I have tried have been too irritating and harsh for my skin, and so I was looking for something that was slightly more gentle and less drying. Now, this cleanser claims that it has several types of moisturizing ingredients that will help to restore dry skin while using certain other ingredients to cleanse your face without irritating it. After the month or so that I had been using it consecutively, along with the moisturizer, I can't tell how much worse my skin was over all. It had never been that dry and uncomfortable with any of the other cleansers I have used. Thirteen dollars is fairly inexpensive and so the product similarly will not be the greatest quality, but I expected more then what I received. I would never recommend this product to anyone, it is just a waste of money.

Decent cleanser but I don't like the texture
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I've used Spectro Derm for a year now and I liked it's ability to keep my face clean. Its Regimen ready as it's a non-drying gentle cleanser. It left my skin feeling clean but is quite a slimy consistency. I found it hard to rinse off, and would have to rub harder than the Regimen suggests in order to get it off. Instructions say it can be wiped off, but i've never done that.

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

After using pHisoderm (both oily skin and sensitive skin) cleaners i decided to give this one a try because it is a big bottle and cheap. I felt like this didn't clean my skin very well, it felt slippery and sticky even when using it in the shower. The directions on the bottle say "Apply to wet or dry skin. Massage for 30 seconds to maximize cleansing and moisturizing effects. Rise with water or wipe off." Wipe off??? Perhaps this is okay for someone with clear skin that wants a soft/moisturized feel, but I really don't feel this is good for people with acne. Is it a moisturizer or a cleanser??? If you have dry skin I would recommend Phisoderm for dry skin instead- it's a real cleanser.

Anonymous, Toronto
Reviewed on April 12, 2011

this is my favourite cleanser, second to spectro jel (spectrojel is for blemish-prone, while spectroderm is for dry skin). what makes this the best i've used is that it's just as unclogging, oil/dry balancing, and unharsh as spectrojel, BUT with a ton of moisturizing agents, so it makes your skin softer too.