Spectro AcneCare Wash reviews

Brand: Spectro

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide (4%).

Inactive ingredients:
Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, PEG-14 M Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Imidurea, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Potassium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium PCA.

Awesome BP Product
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

I was on the hunt for a benzoyl peroxide alternative as my 5% spot treatment was just too drying and harsh on my combination (with very dry areas) skin; I have been suffering from terrible hormonal acne since having a hormonal contraceptive implant inserted, after years of off and on acne troubles. I spotted this at Walmart amongst other acne treatment products and decided to give it a try, as I have used the Spectro Jel cleansers quite a few times. This "wash" appears to be a newer product also, and contains 4% BP.

In my experience using this product, it is important to remember that it is NOT a cleanser per se, and avoid getting it in your eyes at all costs (extreme burning will result as I made that mistake haha). It is a very creamy product that you are supposed to massage into your skin for 1-2 minutes before rinsing off; I use a normal cleanser to remove any makeup before putting this stuff on. As far as results go, I have noticed a difference in my acne - while I still get spots, they are fewer in number, and if I am experiencing a bad breakout, this wash clears up the worst pimples pretty quick. And it delivers just what I was looking for in the first place - NO harshness or drying effects at all, in fact it leaves my skin very smooth and soft, due to the wash containing 7 moisturizers. It is also very effective on back acne, which I sometimes experience. After 2 days of using it on my back, the bacne is all but gone!

So all in all, I love this wash! 4% BP but NON-DRYING, very creamy, leaves your skin smooth and soft, and it has worked for me so far. Only downside would probably be the price (it was around $15), but the tube size is generous.