Spectro AcneCare reviews

3.5/5 - 10 reviews

Brand: Spectro

Vanishing Lotion for Sensitive Skin -
Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion 2.5%.

Deep Pore Vanishing Lotion -
Medicinal Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion 5%.

Not great for The Regimen
Reviewed on July 21, 2010

This is a gel-ish benzoyl peroxide which spreads easily and dries pretty quickly. However, it goes on very white and is pretty much impossible to use an adequate amount and get it to absorb. It ends up leaving white streaks on the skin. Not cute. It also comes in a tiny tube so you'd have to buy many, many of these if you're using it for The Regimen. It has a slightly medicinal smell which I don't personally mind. It also imparts a slightly warm feeling after application which I also don't mind too much, but would prefer that it not.

Great product for night treatments but expensive
Reviewed on October 2, 2013

This is the product I used to try the Regimen before ordering products from acne.org. It is the only 2.5% BP I could find where I live (Quebec, Canada). It worked great and my skin reacted well. From what I have seen, it is only available in very small bottles (25 mL) at $8 per bottle. I had to use about 1 bottle and a half per week since I needed it for my face, neck, chest and back, so it became pretty expensive. The texture is nice and it glides easily on the skin, but if you apply too much, there will be white spots on your skin, so it's a great product for the night, but not so great if you have to leave the house shortly after applying the product. For that reason, it is probably better to use as a spot-treatment than as an all-over treatment.

It works as part of Dan's regimen.
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I don't find BP very effective for spot treatment but as a daily preventative measure, this product works just fine. I find it especially helpful in keeping away the ingrown hairs I use to occassionally get on my neck.

Most stores only carry the 5% which is too strong for me. If you're in Canada, it's cheapest at Walmart.

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

I would buy again. Wish it came in a larger size. Most stores seemed to carry the 5% and not 2.5% and found myself having to buy the stronger product more often.

Reviewed on February 20, 2012

I've been using this for over two weeks as recommended by the Regimen. This product definitely worked but I'm going to try Clean & Clear Persa-5 with 5% BP because I feel 2.5% is not strong enough for cystic acne. If you have light acne you should try it out. I don't rate it more than a 3 because I still break out.

Reviewed on November 6, 2011

I would suggest it but the product definitely leaves room for improvement. It does help with the acne.

Reviewed on November 2, 2011

Absolutely excellent! will never go without it!!

It reduced pimple size over night, and kill the pimple within a day.

*use the deep pore cleanser with 5%BP

Reviewed on December 21, 2010

this is a decent product that works well if you follow the regimen exactly, and if you can deal with the annoyance (and occasional embarrassment) of having flakes/peeling skin on your face that you can't see (and can't touch!). if you use jojoba oil it will help!!

Reviewed on October 17, 2010

This was a bad product. I bought it because I did not want to wait/pay for shipping for Acne.org product but found I really should have.

This product did nothing for my acne

and did not work with Dan's regime.

Reviewed on July 30, 2010

I started getting bad acne in my T zone at the age off 33. Nothing was working. I bought this and apply a VERY small amount to my T zone and follow the regimen morning and night. I cannot remember a time when my skin has been this clear in the last year and the only thing I have changed in my daily routine is adding this product.

To combat the drying effects I add some Argan oil after applying under my regular moisturizer (argan oil has similar sebum regulating qualities as jojoba)

If you have light acne I highly recommend this.

Since I use such a small amount I think this will last me a good 8 months.