Solvere Acne Clearing Cleanser reviews

4/5 - 1 review

Brand: Solvere

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Coacamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Purified Water, Red #40 (CI 16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Suulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Zinc PCA.

Anonymous, Northeast U.S.
Reviewed on July 1, 2011

This product has the same active ingredient (2% salicylic acid) as 95% of acne cleaners that you can buy in the drug store but - for whatever reason - it works a hundred times better.

This is the only "acne clearing" cleanser that I will use. I also sometimes use it in conjunction with Purpose's Gentle Cleanser (Solvere in the morning, Purpose at night) but recently I've been using only this, twice a day, and my skin is not any drier than it was when I was using it with Purpose.

A little background on why I like this product so much:

I never really suffered from acne until I was about 19. Right after my acne started getting bad enough that I was considering a dermatologist visit, I went on the BCP and my acne cleared up. When I was 22, I stopped taking the pill and my acne came back within a few months so I finally went to the dermatologist. He prescribed Minocycline as well as Epiduo and he suggested that I buy this cleanser from his front desk so I did.

My acne cleared up within 4 weeks of using all 3 treatments as directed but I was convinced that it was the Minocycline that had really done it. I was sure that the Solvere cleanser wasn't really better than anything that you could buy in the drugstore.

So imagine my surprise when my skin stayed clear for an additional 4.5 months after I stopped taking the Minocycline but broke out within 2 weeks after I finally used up my bottle of Solvere and tried to switch back to a generic version from the drugstore.

I learned my lesson. That was almost a year ago and I have used this product consistently ever since: I would not consider switching.

It’s certainly not a cure-all: I still use Epiduo every night and, even so, I am not completely acne-free. But I do feel like I’ve finally found a combination of topical products that keep my acne manageable and this cleanser is an integral part of that routine.

I can't guarantee that this product will help your a