Solodyn Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.3/5 - 318 reviews

Brand: Solodyn

Minocycline hydrochloride.

Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, magnesium stearate NF, colloidal silicon dioxide NF, and carnauba wax NF.

The 45 mg tablets also contain:
Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and iron oxide black JPE. The 65 mg tablets also contain Opadry II Blue which contains: hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, FD&C Blue #1, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, FD&C Blue #2, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and D&C Yellow #10.

90 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, iron oxide yellow NF, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, and triacetin USP.

115 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, D&C Yellow #10, triacetin USP, FD&C Blue #1, titanium dioxide USP, and FD&C Blue #2.

135 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, iron oxide red NF, and triacetin USP.

Solodyn Oral Antibiotic

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Great Success! Worth the Wait
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I have been taking this medication daily for just over 2 months now, and I finally have nearly clear skin. I've struggled with cystic acne since I was 13 (now 22) but it was never bad enough to where I just wanted to hide in my room for months until about 2 years ago. I started getting getting more than just cystic acne and it was all over the lower half of my cheeks and sometimes on my chin. I didn't start seeing results until 2 or 3 weeks ago, but it was like it all vanished at once. Today I only have 2 small cysts and the rest of my skin is completely clear (though it's hard to tell due to the massive amount of scarring.) Despite the face that I've also been trying a few topical products alongside this, I'm sure that Solodyn is responsible for most of the success since I've tried almost everything topical under the sun over the last 9 years and have never had results come even close to clear. The other products I've been using are Acanya, Cetaphyl oil control wash and Cetaphyl oil control moisturizer SPF 15, also recently added Aloe straight from the plant.

Works, but only when I'm using it.
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

I was prescribed Solodyn 105mg for the second time recently. What I can say is this: it does wonders. My face began to clear up about two days after I began taking the pill. It stops all breakouts for me as well as reduces the redness from pimples dramatically. The only issue is that when I'm off it, I begin breaking out just like before around a few weeks after I stop taking it. The first time I took Solodyn, I was using it for three weeks. I stopped taking it for around a month, and am now back on it after breaking out pretty badly once I was finished the first course. Solodyn works for me very well, but only when I'm taking the pill.

Finally acne free!
Reviewed on June 16, 2015

I felt the need to register here again cause acne really was troublesome for me. I cannot say that I have tried "everything" before, but I did try a lot of things: differin, regimen (for more than a year), salicylic acid, peels, dieting, exercising, drinking more water, tea tree oil, even going without make up. None of those helped me of course. I did go to dermatologists, one didn`t even glance at my skin and prescribed me his expensive regimen (which of course never helped me). After that was very skeptical about going to dermatologist again. I though she would put me on Accutane (which I was afraid of), but she prescribed me this paired with topical cream that didn't do a thing to my skin. This saved my skin! I have been on it for a bit more than 2 months and I NEVER get red pimples again! I do have a bit of whitehead action going on on my chin, but it`s getting better with AHA+ glycolic acid thing that I bought here. I am happy with the skin I see in the mirror for the first time on last 1,5 years and I wish everyone the same thing! Hope this thing will work magic on y'all too!

by Christina2 on 08/15/2015 19:11
Does it only work for red inflamed acne?
Stay patient and hopeful
Reviewed on March 17, 2015

I never feel the need to write reviews but after battling acne I feel I need to. I am 20 yrs old and have had clear skin up until I was about 18. Break outs were always mild but this past year my jaw line and cheeks were constantly broken out. Been to three dermatologists and NOTHING worked until my latest derm. She prescribed me solodyn and today marks my 12 week point. I am very impatient and was losing hope because it did not seem to be working. This past week however my skin is noticeably clearer (knock on wood) and breakouts have stopped. Listen to your doctor when she tells you to be patient! I also was prescribed spironolactone about 9 weeks ago so I am sure that is helping as well. Waiting three months for results is nothing compared to never having clear skin, trust me. I cleanse with Cerave and also moisturize with the brand. Still not perfect but I would say I am 85% better. Stick with it everyone, it sucks to hear that things will get worse before they get better but it is true.

by Christina2 on 08/15/2015 19:10
Does it work for whiteheads, blackheads and tiny pimples?
Reviewed on June 28, 2014

I was on solodyn for 6 months. While on this pill my acne got worse before it got better. When my doctor took me off the pill my skin was clear, but two months later its back. Seems like it only works when you're on the pill.

Works... But not for me
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

I've been using Solodyn for about 3 weeks now. My dermatologist has me taking half of a 115mg Tablet once a day along with Aczone and Acanya. It's definitely cleared up most of the inflamed acne but everything else is still present. I think this is because I have extremely oily skin so my pores are constantly being clogged. Before this I was on Doxycyclin for a little while which did absolutely nothing. Then Aczone and Acanya with little improvement. Hence the reason why my doctor threw in Solodyn. If cystic acne is your main problem then this will probably work for you. But personally I'm just waiting on my follow up date so that I can beg for Accutane.

Did absolutely nothing!
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

I took this medication for about a year after trying many other orals and topicals and my doctor was certain it would clear me up. At first it seemed to help a bit, less noticeable bumps and small break outs. But after a month my skin returned to its normal state. My doctor was convinced that I should stay on the medication and I somehow ended up on it for a year with NO change. One day I decided to stop taking it on my own and honestly my skin improved. At my next appointment my doctor commented on how the medication was finally working and I simply laughed and told her I wasn't even taking it.

Pretty ineffective
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

I have severe cystic acne and took Solodyn for about a month. It might have helped decrease some of the pimples, but did very little for the inflammation of my cysts. If your acne is not severe or cystic, it will probably work for you. If it is, you'll probably need something stronger.

Relief... Finally!
Reviewed on May 11, 2014

I've always suffered from acne ever since puberty. I've never had clear skin until last year when I used honey consistently. About eight months ago I had some health problems and had to stop taking my BCP. Within a few short weeks my clear skin erupted. It got very dry and itchy. For the first time in my life, I had cystic acne. I was in denial and thought I could fix it with natural products because that worked before... but eventually I decided to see a derm.

I was first prescribed a low does of 65 mg and spiro. At my six week follow up, my skin was a lot better, but I was still wasn't happy with it. He upped Solodyn to 105 mg and added aczone for the active acne on my face. Its only been two weeks but finally I'm seeing results. I've only had one new pimple since the change and its on the side my neck (easy to cover). I'm glad to finally have relief!

Works, but not on its own.
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I've been using Ziana nightly and Acanya in the mornings for about 2 & 1/2 months now. My dermatologist added Solodyn to the mix about 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. I noticed a difference in about 1 week. The ziana and acanya cleared up my forehead but there were still some lingering marks and new pimples appearing around my jawline and chin. The Solodyn helped dry them and reduce the inflammation greatly. I've also noticed that new pimples seem to be less red and smaller. As far as side effects go, I've hardly felt any at all. I take the solodyn on a full stomach around lunch time and I avoid dairy. Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone with moderate acne.