Page 5 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 94 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on October 14, 2008

I've used the 10%/5% Wash for a few years, am just getting off of it. Stuff worked great for me, for quite awhile. Only gripe is the washing/foaming agent is pretty much non-existent. Great for people who just don't have much luck/success with Benzoyl Peroxide, or the joke that is Salicylic Acid

Reviewed on October 13, 2008

I went to one dermatologist who prescribed and rubbed benzaclin all over my face even after I told her i'd used it before and it irritated me and made my skin worse. Then she prescribed me a 5% benzyl peroxide wash... how is that different? So we cancelled our next appointment and no I'm going to the dermatologist my mother went to in the 80's. Well, after telling him that my skin does NOT react well with benzyl peroxide, he prescribed me Sulfacet-R to use at night with the acne-aid soap bar. Both are a bit drying so I use my EmerginC cleanser in the morning but WOW is my skin clearing up! I never thought it would be possible! I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive or dry skin, it really is a miracle worker because it is so gently. Please try this!

Reviewed on September 7, 2008

I'm in my mid-40's and still plagued by adult acne as well as seborrheaic dermatitis (really bad dandruff). In the past, I've used benzoyl peroxide (discolors my clothes, not particularly effective, drying); salicylic acid in alcohol (rebound oiliness of the skin); retin-A (a low concentration gel worked for many years, but when I started back on it again as a cream, my skin became sensitive to it. Now, even a small quantity causes itching, redness, swelling, pain, and increased friability of the skin). In addition, I finally determined after a number of years that my ketoconazole shampoo for the seborrhoea was aggravating the acne. The dermatologist my doctor referred me to prescribed Klaron lotion, since it is good for both acne and seborrhoea. Wow! It's completely nonirritating, nonstaining, nongreasy - and I can see results in less than 24 hours. I use it sporadically, several times a week. I've gone from routinely having 10-15 pimples in various stages, to 1-2 at most, an

Reviewed on September 5, 2008

It didn't work for me and it was expensive. But if your insurance can get it for you on the cheap it is worth a try.

Reviewed on September 1, 2008

I paid $7.50 for a bottle of this stuff. Let me tell you...I have tried EVERYTHING to clear up the constant pimples around my mouth. I have a strict cleansing, deep cleaning, exfoliating, masks, moisturizing, routine every day and NOTHING would work. I tried some of the most expensive brands from Sephora, C.O. Bigelow, even Neiman Marcus. Even classic Neutrogena and Clean & Clear would not work for my pimples. Well, after getting sooo incredibly fed up I went on an internet search and found this review board & the incrediable reviews for Klaron. I'm on birth control & really didnt want to take an oral med that may mess with my BC and possibly my body in general. So after reading the reviews of topical Klaron, I brought the info to my derma & said, "GIVE TO TO ME". *ALL MY ACNE HAS CLEARED UP*. AMAZING. It's cheaper than anything else i've used. I guess my health care is pretty good and it covers it. I use it twice a day and the results are REMARKABLE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED*****

Reviewed on August 25, 2008

works fast and helps a ton. definitely worth it

Reviewed on August 21, 2008

When other treatments like Benzaclin stopped working for me and even trying things like Differin - this worked great and cleared up my breakouts quickly. I do have to use more moisturizer each day but it is worth it.

Reviewed on August 13, 2008

If you have mild to moderate acne this should work well for you in combination with an oral antibiotic and mild face wash. At first it was fabulous and eliminated breakouts entirely. Now I feel that my skin has become immune to the antibiotic so its time to change my regimen. Good luck everyone

Reviewed on August 12, 2008

About 75% of my acne is gone, expect in a few stubborn spots around my cheeks. Even though I slather this on religiously every night I still see an occasional small pimple here and there. No side effects.