Page 5 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 97 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

I really got excited when reading the reviews and everything. I used Plexion and I had no results. Over the counter products worked better than this for me. I have really oily skin and a really oily scalp.

Reviewed on January 2, 2009

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff. I have used Retin-A, Tazorac, Ziana, and Differin, and this is the first one that helped. All the others kept my skin peeling, red, angry, and scabby and stung my face when I applied them. You only need a tiny bit of sodium sulfacetamide (Klaron) to cover the entire face, and there is NO stinging, even on the open blemishes that I had picked at. The second day I could tell a major difference and things have continued to improve. I will keep using this as long as I possibly can because it actually calms things down instead of making them worse! I don't know why more derms don't prescribe this.

Reviewed on December 22, 2008

love it. you do have to use a moisturizer.

Reviewed on October 21, 2008

I felt this medicine made my acne worse. I went from having 3-4 pimples at most (but I was always breaking out as soon as one cleared up another one came up!) to now having about 8 within one week of usage. I'm very disappointed and don't know if I should continue with this product or not!

Reviewed on October 14, 2008

I've used the 10%/5% Wash for a few years, am just getting off of it. Stuff worked great for me, for quite awhile. Only gripe is the washing/foaming agent is pretty much non-existent. Great for people who just don't have much luck/success with Benzoyl Peroxide, or the joke that is Salicylic Acid

Reviewed on October 13, 2008

I went to one dermatologist who prescribed and rubbed benzaclin all over my face even after I told her i'd used it before and it irritated me and made my skin worse. Then she prescribed me a 5% benzyl peroxide wash... how is that different? So we cancelled our next appointment and no I'm going to the dermatologist my mother went to in the 80's. Well, after telling him that my skin does NOT react well with benzyl peroxide, he prescribed me Sulfacet-R to use at night with the acne-aid soap bar. Both are a bit drying so I use my EmerginC cleanser in the morning but WOW is my skin clearing up! I never thought it would be possible! I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive or dry skin, it really is a miracle worker because it is so gently. Please try this!

Reviewed on September 7, 2008

I'm in my mid-40's and still plagued by adult acne as well as seborrheaic dermatitis (really bad dandruff). In the past, I've used benzoyl peroxide (discolors my clothes, not particularly effective, drying); salicylic acid in alcohol (rebound oiliness of the skin); retin-A (a low concentration gel worked for many years, but when I started back on it again as a cream, my skin became sensitive to it. Now, even a small quantity causes itching, redness, swelling, pain, and increased friability of the skin). In addition, I finally determined after a number of years that my ketoconazole shampoo for the seborrhoea was aggravating the acne. The dermatologist my doctor referred me to prescribed Klaron lotion, since it is good for both acne and seborrhoea. Wow! It's completely nonirritating, nonstaining, nongreasy - and I can see results in less than 24 hours. I use it sporadically, several times a week. I've gone from routinely having 10-15 pimples in various stages, to 1-2 at most, an

Reviewed on September 5, 2008

It didn't work for me and it was expensive. But if your insurance can get it for you on the cheap it is worth a try.

Reviewed on September 1, 2008

I paid $7.50 for a bottle of this stuff. Let me tell you...I have tried EVERYTHING to clear up the constant pimples around my mouth. I have a strict cleansing, deep cleaning, exfoliating, masks, moisturizing, routine every day and NOTHING would work. I tried some of the most expensive brands from Sephora, C.O. Bigelow, even Neiman Marcus. Even classic Neutrogena and Clean & Clear would not work for my pimples. Well, after getting sooo incredibly fed up I went on an internet search and found this review board & the incrediable reviews for Klaron. I'm on birth control & really didnt want to take an oral med that may mess with my BC and possibly my body in general. So after reading the reviews of topical Klaron, I brought the info to my derma & said, "GIVE TO TO ME". *ALL MY ACNE HAS CLEARED UP*. AMAZING. It's cheaper than anything else i've used. I guess my health care is pretty good and it covers it. I use it twice a day and the results are REMARKABLE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED*****