Page 5 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 102 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on February 22, 2009

As far as topicals go, this is one of the best I've tried. I have been taking it for about 14 weeks for my mild to moderate inflammatory acne. (I went through a round of accutane in 1995 and again in 2003, both for severe cystic acne and the acne was starting to rear it's head again last summer 2008. So, accutane was not a cure-all for me, and at 35 years old, I am so, SO tired of dealing this this. Anyway...) It is gentle and does not tear my very sensitive, dry skin up like retinoids and BP do. It is not 100% effective - even after all these weeks, I still get one or two bright red pimples a week. They heal within two to three days, but this has not been the magical cure-all for me. Still, I dread the day it stops being as effective. I'm already looking forward to the next treatment option because I know it's only a matter of time...until then, I'm pretty happy with this treatment. I recommend it to anyone, especially to those who have very sensitive skin like me.

Reviewed on February 7, 2009

im not sure where to go with this product but it seems to be helping,i recomend using a VERY mild cleanser ex ceptophil,neturogen oil free ance wash my dermotoligist gave me a cleanser he produces, my mom bought it not me so im not sure how much it cost.

Reviewed on January 26, 2009

I can only say that this is an amazing product that works for me. and I highly recommended.

Reviewed on January 14, 2009

it works, really...you just need a good moisturizer plus the patience to wait for the big cysts to begone.sometimes itchy too. how ever, small zits dry fast, however, it leaves a black/dark brown scar....

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

BUY IT! It's worth it. It works best with clindamycin phosphate I found. Put the clindamycin phosphate on in the morning, wait a little..then put on the sodium sulfacetamide. Same for before bed. It's amazing.

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

I really got excited when reading the reviews and everything. I used Plexion and I had no results. Over the counter products worked better than this for me. I have really oily skin and a really oily scalp.

Reviewed on January 2, 2009

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff. I have used Retin-A, Tazorac, Ziana, and Differin, and this is the first one that helped. All the others kept my skin peeling, red, angry, and scabby and stung my face when I applied them. You only need a tiny bit of sodium sulfacetamide (Klaron) to cover the entire face, and there is NO stinging, even on the open blemishes that I had picked at. The second day I could tell a major difference and things have continued to improve. I will keep using this as long as I possibly can because it actually calms things down instead of making them worse! I don't know why more derms don't prescribe this.

Reviewed on December 22, 2008

love it. you do have to use a moisturizer.

Reviewed on October 21, 2008

I felt this medicine made my acne worse. I went from having 3-4 pimples at most (but I was always breaking out as soon as one cleared up another one came up!) to now having about 8 within one week of usage. I'm very disappointed and don't know if I should continue with this product or not!

Reviewed on October 14, 2008

I've used the 10%/5% Wash for a few years, am just getting off of it. Stuff worked great for me, for quite awhile. Only gripe is the washing/foaming agent is pretty much non-existent. Great for people who just don't have much luck/success with Benzoyl Peroxide, or the joke that is Salicylic Acid