Page 4 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 96 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on May 28, 2009

I have had to deal with acne for years...have been on every Rx and over the counter medicine under the sun, nothing works. Just got put on the soduim sulfacetamide/sulfur wash and topical lotion and in one day i'm already seeing a MAJOR difference. If this stuff clears my face completely, I'm going to ask my new doctor to marry me.

Reviewed on May 14, 2009

This under my makeup along with Differin Gel .3% were the only 2 treatments that really kept my skin clear. I eventually stopped using this thinking it didn't do much and have been on Ziana gel. However, Ziana gel is awful so I'm going back to what worked best.

Reviewed on February 27, 2009

+My black heads flake right off with this medicine

+suggest washing afterwards with a facewash with abrasives (light) in it...

Reviewed on February 24, 2009

I am using the tinted sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfur 5% lotion. I threw out my liquid makeup because it was clogging my pores and this tinted sulfacet works as a makeup. It covers my blemishes and red spots! Within 8 hours of my very first application in the morning, my 2 cysts were dried up and the tiny pimples had disappeared or deflated! Sulfa-based products must work very well for me. I apply it to my skin 3 times during the day. The liquid is sooo sheer and light and absorbs quickly. My skin has shown major improvement & I have used everything including differin, retin-a, benzoyl peroxide products, proactive, EVERYTHING! This is the only medicine that works for my moderate cystic acne!!!

Reviewed on February 22, 2009

As far as topicals go, this is one of the best I've tried. I have been taking it for about 14 weeks for my mild to moderate inflammatory acne. (I went through a round of accutane in 1995 and again in 2003, both for severe cystic acne and the acne was starting to rear it's head again last summer 2008. So, accutane was not a cure-all for me, and at 35 years old, I am so, SO tired of dealing this this. Anyway...) It is gentle and does not tear my very sensitive, dry skin up like retinoids and BP do. It is not 100% effective - even after all these weeks, I still get one or two bright red pimples a week. They heal within two to three days, but this has not been the magical cure-all for me. Still, I dread the day it stops being as effective. I'm already looking forward to the next treatment option because I know it's only a matter of time...until then, I'm pretty happy with this treatment. I recommend it to anyone, especially to those who have very sensitive skin like me.

Reviewed on February 7, 2009

im not sure where to go with this product but it seems to be helping,i recomend using a VERY mild cleanser ex ceptophil,neturogen oil free ance wash my dermotoligist gave me a cleanser he produces, my mom bought it not me so im not sure how much it cost.

Reviewed on January 26, 2009

I can only say that this is an amazing product that works for me. and I highly recommended.

Reviewed on January 14, 2009

it works, really...you just need a good moisturizer plus the patience to wait for the big cysts to begone.sometimes itchy too. how ever, small zits dry fast, however, it leaves a black/dark brown scar....

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

BUY IT! It's worth it. It works best with clindamycin phosphate I found. Put the clindamycin phosphate on in the morning, wait a little..then put on the sodium sulfacetamide. Same for before bed. It's amazing.

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

I really got excited when reading the reviews and everything. I used Plexion and I had no results. Over the counter products worked better than this for me. I have really oily skin and a really oily scalp.