Page 3 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 101 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on October 27, 2010

I first started on Sodium Sulfacetamide about 3-4 weeks ago as prescribed by my dermatologist. Specifically, she prescribed me Prascion cleansing wipes (used 2x a day, AM & PM). I was prescribed this in conjunction with Aczone, a sulfide cream.

The results so far have been fantastic. I've suffered with moderate cystic facial and back acne since 15/16 years old (I'm now 22), and I've seen a very large reduction in the inflammation on my back and face.

While I still do get small breakouts, the severity is far less worse than it used to be and the inflammation is also greatly diminished. I have tried a ton of different topical creams and this is truly the only one I've used where I've had fairly consistent results so far. Plus, it is affordable with insurance (wipes only cost me $10.00 at Walgreens).

Highly recommended for anyone with light to even moderately severe acne as another solution is you haven't had any success with any other creams or other oral medications. Much better solution than Accutane without any of the awful side effects (and probably much healthier for your body). I highly recommend!

Reviewed on September 6, 2010

If you can get it from a prescription for as cheap as I did, sodium sulfacetamide is most definitely worth! And it has a cool name :P

Reviewed on September 3, 2010

I do not have sensitive skin - I've gotten peels, microdermabrasion, used tazoretene, retinols and many drying topicals, but for whatever reason, when I used sodium sulfacetimide products, it burned my skin. I stupidly continued to use this, thinking that it was just an initial reaction and that my face was getting used to it, but for me, it did nothing but burn my face. Forgetting these side effects, I then tried using it again, years later, and it did nothing.

Reviewed on June 23, 2010

I use the gel since I can't put oils on my sensitive skin. This stuff works really well. It is a healthier alternative to oral antibiotics. At first it will break you out a bit but after that you will be mostly clear. I've been using this for about a year and the acne is mostly gone. I use another stronger perscription for spot treating cysts.

Reviewed on April 16, 2010

This is a GREAT product. I dont want to jinx myself by saying so (because then I think somehow it will stop working) but its really helped me. I had a sudden break out of cystic acne at 27 and I didnt even want to leave the house. The first doctor I went to rudely asserted that my skin would never clear up without antibiotics and a retinoid. I am really hesitant to take oral antibiotics so I went to another doctor. This combined with a 4% BP wash has really helped my skin. I still get about 1 zit a week but Im fine with that compared to what it was. Doctor just prescribed me a 5% BP wash instead and thinks this will get everything under control. Heres hoping!

Reviewed on November 23, 2009

This product worked a miracle on my face. I have battled acne for 10 years and this product along wtih Epiduo at night cleared up my face. I had the cystic acne that was painful and new ones sprouted daily. i have not had one single break out in 2 months.

Reviewed on November 22, 2009

Good product so far have seen a dramatic change within a week. Hope this continues.

Reviewed on November 9, 2009

Compared to some of the facial washes I was purchasing for my face, this item is comparable if not cheaper! I am

Reviewed on October 29, 2009

Prognosis looks good for me