Page 2 of Sodium Sulfacetamide reviews

4.2/5 - 96 reviews

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%).

Purified water; propylene glycol; lauramide DEA (and) diethanolamine; polyethylene glycol 400, monolaurate; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; sodium metabisulfite; methylparaben; xanthan gum; EDTA and simethicone.

Reviewed on April 18, 2011

is anyone worried about the long-term effect of using this product?

Reviewed on March 9, 2011

I was suffering from a horrible breakout five years ago. I didn't want to leave the house. The OTC products I was using seemed to irritate my skin horribly. The doctor suggested that I may be allergic to Benzoil Peroxide. She sent me on my way with prescriptions for Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% wash and Sulfacetamide Sodium Topical Suspension USP, 10%. I have been using these products for five years now and I have had mostly clear skin the whole time! I only get some stray blackheads or an occasional Small pimple. I also use Cetaphil moisturizer with some sunblock protection. Keeping the skin moisturized helps it heal. I also go easy on the dairy and sugar. I am so happy to clear skin!

Reviewed on February 27, 2011

The reviews on here really made me want to give this one a shot. I'm female, 31 yrs old with lengthy history of acne now due mostly to hormones. My Derm prescribed the 10% lotion which I apply at night all over my face and neck. The upper half of my face was already clear but this has definitely improved the look and feel of even that part of my skin -after only 4 days. I particularly enjoy the night time application because it seems to severely cut down on getting an oily face at night and it helps the few cystic nodules that remain around my jawline from hurting so much like they do during the day so I can rest comfortably. I am also taking Doxycycline twice daily at 50mg and Clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion for morning spot treatment application before putting on make-up. I don't care how expensive this Sodium Sulfacetamide is - it's completely worth it!

Reviewed on February 12, 2011

i have no idea why more people dont use this, my derm never even mentioned this i heard about it from these reviews. i am soo glad i started using this its the only thing that clears my face and i have used tazorac, clindamyacin(it worked alright), benzoyl peroxide, salyclic acid, all natural products and more. just try it you will not be disappointed LOVE THIS STUFF

Reviewed on October 27, 2010

I first started on Sodium Sulfacetamide about 3-4 weeks ago as prescribed by my dermatologist. Specifically, she prescribed me Prascion cleansing wipes (used 2x a day, AM & PM). I was prescribed this in conjunction with Aczone, a sulfide cream.

The results so far have been fantastic. I've suffered with moderate cystic facial and back acne since 15/16 years old (I'm now 22), and I've seen a very large reduction in the inflammation on my back and face.

While I still do get small breakouts, the severity is far less worse than it used to be and the inflammation is also greatly diminished. I have tried a ton of different topical creams and this is truly the only one I've used where I've had fairly consistent results so far. Plus, it is affordable with insurance (wipes only cost me $10.00 at Walgreens).

Highly recommended for anyone with light to even moderately severe acne as another solution is you haven't had any success with any other creams or other oral medications. Much better solution than Accutane without any of the awful side effects (and probably much healthier for your body). I highly recommend!

Reviewed on September 6, 2010

If you can get it from a prescription for as cheap as I did, sodium sulfacetamide is most definitely worth! And it has a cool name :P

Reviewed on September 3, 2010

I do not have sensitive skin - I've gotten peels, microdermabrasion, used tazoretene, retinols and many drying topicals, but for whatever reason, when I used sodium sulfacetimide products, it burned my skin. I stupidly continued to use this, thinking that it was just an initial reaction and that my face was getting used to it, but for me, it did nothing but burn my face. Forgetting these side effects, I then tried using it again, years later, and it did nothing.

Reviewed on June 23, 2010

I use the gel since I can't put oils on my sensitive skin. This stuff works really well. It is a healthier alternative to oral antibiotics. At first it will break you out a bit but after that you will be mostly clear. I've been using this for about a year and the acne is mostly gone. I use another stronger perscription for spot treating cysts.

Reviewed on April 16, 2010

This is a GREAT product. I dont want to jinx myself by saying so (because then I think somehow it will stop working) but its really helped me. I had a sudden break out of cystic acne at 27 and I didnt even want to leave the house. The first doctor I went to rudely asserted that my skin would never clear up without antibiotics and a retinoid. I am really hesitant to take oral antibiotics so I went to another doctor. This combined with a 4% BP wash has really helped my skin. I still get about 1 zit a week but Im fine with that compared to what it was. Doctor just prescribed me a 5% BP wash instead and thinks this will get everything under control. Heres hoping!