Page 5 of Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment reviews

2.8/5 - 103 reviews

Reviewed on September 26, 2008

I started my laser treatments 4 years ago using VBeam. Spent $3K on 8 treatments that worked wonders - my skin was awesome to the point where I needed to wear no make up (and I had severe cystic and topical acne). Fast forward 2 years and I break out again just as bad. Dermatologist recommends a series of smoothbeam lasers. Another $2K down the hole and my acne significantly improves (though not as great as with VBeam). Fast forward 1 year down the line and my acne returns with a vengence. Only problem I have is that I "know" the lasers work - so it's hard NOT to go back and spend $800 a pop on a treatment that will almost instantly make the cystic acne dissapear. But I need to find a new alternative. The lasers are too expensive to use as a maintenance regime.

Reviewed on August 16, 2008

good if you do it once every few months to control it

Reviewed on July 28, 2008

I have had three treatments, am suppose to have two more but am afraid my acne will get even worse. Would never do it over if I had the choice.

Don't try accutane, I had two accutane treatments and the side affects are horrible and not worth it. It made my gums recede big time.

Reviewed on July 18, 2008

If you have real bad acne I would recommend you try it out and it may be the solution for you. It looks like its going to be my solution for the rest of my life

Reviewed on July 16, 2008

I spent over $5000.00 on Smoothbeam treatments over a year in addition to 2 Vbeam sessions (absolutely did NOTHING!). I have to say if I could take it back I would. As I stated above I broke out horribly after a few treatments. I had not had cystic acne for years before the Smoothbeam treatments. Also, I have to say that the dermatologist who was very excited and positive in the beginning was basically shooing me out the door at the end of the treatments. He said that prior to me his success rate was 100%. I have a feeling I was not the first failure, nor would I be his last. I find that micro-dermabrasion 2xs a month keeps my acne at bay (along with Yaz birth control) and makes my skin look a bit smoother. I remain hopefully optimistic that one day there will be a better solution.

Reviewed on July 14, 2008

Well still not sure because the brown circles have not faded yet.

Reviewed on June 27, 2008

I'm highly suspicious of laser acne treatments. Does anyone know of any research that proves its effectiveness? Furthermore, I think spas and treatment centers sell it as an acne treatment, but it's really scar treatment if anything at all - and I don't even think it achieves that - it certainly doesn't physically stop acne.

Reviewed on June 15, 2008

I finally got results from manual lymph drainage.I spent thousands of dollars for years trying to clear adult acne. My skin is finally healthy from the inside out.

Reviewed on May 17, 2008

Use the prescription numbing cream they provide you, let it soak into your face for 30 minutes before you rinse and the treatments are painless. The laser just feels like sand blowing against you if you use the numbing cream right. After the treatment, slather on a lot of cortisone cream!After the 1st treatment, i didn't really notice any difference in breakouts, but my pores looked smaller.

After my second treatment, my face looked about 50% better. Still some pimples, but about half of what i usually got. My pores also became much smaller.

After my 3rd treatment, i think maybe i got 1 pimple in that month. my face was so smooth i couldn't stop touching my skin and even that didn't give me any zits. I haven't had any pimples at all since my 4th treatment. I LOVE my results I am so happy and would highly recommend it. It does not claim to do anything for red marks, you need another laser to do that, or let them go away on their own. The only thing i do now is wash my face once