Page 4 of Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment reviews

2.8/5 - 103 reviews

Reviewed on February 17, 2009

I have or had a pretty bad inflated acne. I have been taking meds and creams for about four or five months and three sessions of smoothbeam. After not seeing resulst (actually got worst first) with the creams, pills, and laser treatment, i started to doubt my doctor and my self about actually getting rid of my acne in the forehead. Thankfully, finally i see a light at the end of the tunnel. My acne is getting better. I still have a bad case of blemishes ( red pigmentation) that my doctor said will go away in three to six months (lase helping too). Slow and painful (mentally and physically) process. Be very very patient and soon you will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

P.S. My doctor (chicago) gave me a deal on the treatment of my acne, he charges me $85.00 for consultation, smooth beam and cortisone shots on only my forehead.

Reviewed on February 4, 2009

I HAD cystic acne. It was painful and unsightly. I only went for one smoothbeam treatment and my skin has cleared up. I typically get one pimple a month now...im sure if i went back and paid another $500 i would never break out again but it seems unnecessary. I had bad acne for 6 yrs .....$500 and 30 mins out of my schedule is worth the results....if u have bad scarring u may want to consider chemical peels...

Reviewed on January 14, 2009

In the last year I've stopped taking birth control pills thinking it was making my skin break out, only to realize my skin got WAY worse without the pill. I researched Smoothbeam laser treatment and decided to do it. I got an alright deal; 5 treatments for $500. I've had 2 so far, about 3 to 4 weeks apart. So far I've noticed a bit of improvement as there are way less bumps along my jaw line, but as for the more surface acne on my chin it seems worse. Is there truth to the "it has to get worse before it gets better?" Previous to starting these treatments I would use the tanning bed to get control over my break outs, after my counseltation with the dr. I swore never to tan again; I'm tempted though as I've barely noticed any results so far....

Reviewed on January 13, 2009

Find a clinic that has their own before and after pictures! And ask them what the total cost to the client was to achieve the results in the picture. This is the best way to get a sense for what you are signing up for. There are lots of lasers out there any many of them are created equal. Shop for the best price. Our clinic see the most dramatic results when we combine Obagi Clenziderm or Obagi Nu-Derm with laser treatments. With product alone we can usually reduce active and new lesions by 50-80% within a couple of weeks.

We try to save our clients $ by using home care products to get the acne under control then recommend Laser Treatments to fix the scarring. [link removed] for great before and after photos using Fractional Resurfacing called "Profractional "

Reviewed on January 6, 2009

Like others, I have suffered with acne for over 17 years. From the time I was 13 till present, I have been to at least 10 different dermatologists over the years, and have taken every type of acne medication ever offered. Many years of oral antibiotics, dozens of prescription face creams and face washes, two courses of accutane with no improvement. I thought that I was just an unfortunate person that would have to deal with severe acne and terrible scars my whole life. Two weeks ago I decided to have smoothbeam laser treatment and I must say that I can see the difference after the first treatment. Where nothing has worked in the past, this seems like a potential miracle for someone like me. I am very excited and anxious to have the 2nd treatment done and I will most certainly post a follow up message. Skin alot less oily, and my scars just look different to me already. I would urge all to try Smoothbeam and not wait.

Reviewed on January 3, 2009

U have to do many procedures. They sold me 7 more treatments for $700 total so i will continue doing it. This time with no peels in between. Overall, i like the appearance of the upper half of my face and hopefully can get the same results with the lower half after some time. U cant depend on this alone for acne. U must use a regimen that works for u.

Reviewed on December 29, 2008

This procedure is too expensive for what you get. I had about 6 or 7 treatments. I like the way my face feels afterwards - smooth and soft but, it didn't do anything for my acne (my face only had 1 or 2 small pimples at that time), didn't prevent new acne from forming and did not decrease the size of my pores, which is why I tried the procedure in the first place.

Bottom line - at a cost of $400 each time, totally not worth it.

Reviewed on November 10, 2008

I am a nurse in Ontario who performs this procedure in a Dr.s Clinic. I want everyone to understand that from what I have experienced with my patients is that the smoothbeam works as long as your always doing it. As soon as my patients stop this treatment for any certain length of time their acne always comes back. I would consider this treatment, but it seems to be working as a ACNE MAINTENANCE and NOT a cure. I find it to be expensive for maintenance and personally wouldn't recommend it. Some of my patients love this treatment, but agree they have to always do it or their acne will come back. If you have the money to use this treatment as maintenance then go for it, but there are better solutions such as Clear Light, and or Accutane. Accuaten isn't as bad as some of ths stuff I have read. I know, I deal with people on it everyday. Worst Side effect usually is dry craked lips.

Reviewed on November 6, 2008

So far I love it. And yeah, the price is expensive, but were talking about your face! I have also heard that it can be safely done while pregnant. They just dont want you using the numbing cream.

Reviewed on October 19, 2008

worked with more than recommended treatments