Page 3 of Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment reviews

2.8/5 - 103 reviews

Reviewed on July 10, 2009

Do not do it! Painful, expensive at $700 per treatment (insurance does not cover this procedure) but worse my skin looks terrible

Reviewed on July 5, 2009

I am 23 years old and have had moderate acne since I was 15 years old. I mainly breakout around the chin, neck line where I shave, forehead, and corner of nose (t-zone areas) because my skin produces way too much oil. I am planning to do 3 smoothbeam treatments at $250 piece six weeks apart. I have had one treatment so far at a medium setting with multiple passes. I did not experience any pain during my first treatment ( it actually felt pretty cool). My skin is looking better, however, I am still one oily son of a b**ch, and I constantly have to use those oil absorbing pads or else my face shines like a star. I thought this was suppose to reduce oil (which is the main reason I got the treatment). Hopefully, after a couple of months and treatments I will start to notice the oil reducing. I am looking forward to my 2nd and 3rd treatments as I think my skin will only get better. I hope this works!!! I will post a couple of weeks after my 2nd treatment.

Reviewed on May 25, 2009

I would recommend this treatment to all, especially if you have tried other methods with little to any results. The laser heats up the skin beneath the surface resulting in killing of bacteria and shrinking of oil glands. I could really see in the future that the laser treatment will replace the once convential methods of treating acne. Convential methods may or may not work but they certainly will not deal with scarring and the red marks, wheras smoothbeam corrects these problems as well. My only wish was they had this technology 15 years ago when I was in highschool.

My advice... If you are someone that is sufferring or if you have kids that are suffering, get them the treatment. It is expensive, but it could really change their life. Hopefully one day insurance will cover this miracle treatment.

Reviewed on April 15, 2009

For the pain and cost, I do not think the laser treatment is a good investment.

Reviewed on April 13, 2009

For me the smoothbeam has worked wonderfully. The sting of the machine is only slightly annoying, considering how embarassing acne cysts can be, the smoothbeam is nothing in comparision. the texture of my skin is smoother, even some of my fine line wrinkles have diminished along with some of my old darkened marks from previous pimples. i had to have about 5 or 6 treatments on my cheeks and so far 3 on my chin, but my acne is pretty severe. don't know how long it will last, time will tell. for me the only down side is the cost, but compared to how depressed i feel well my skin is swollen and infected, i'll take the smoothbeam and try my best to budget for it.

Reviewed on April 8, 2009

it made my skin really sensitive and now i feel after the laser treament it has made my skin worst! i have whiteheads all over my face when before it i rarely had that much acne. Also it made my skin rough! Please don't do it, it totally ruined my life. I feel soooo insecure and depressed because of my worsten skin. Just love ur skin and remember that when ur hormones stop raging, ur acne will be better. when u get older,your acne will impreove. I really regret doing laser treatments. I wish i can go back in time and not do it. It has been 5 months since the treatments and I really hope my acne will go away in time. I am 19 and my family memebers said they stoped getting acne at 22, so hopefully it will improve by then. Yet i am afraid that sinc ei had laser and have very sensitive skin due to using other products, i might break out all my life. Please don't do, its not worth damaging your face and self esteem. Also,

Reviewed on April 6, 2009

i made my 4th treatment 2 weeks ago, this treament it's suppost be done 4 in 4 weeks, or so, so the skin cells can heal from the internal burn. I started four monts ago, its rewarding. i started to see results in the second or 3 mont. Every mont i see less pimples appearing, In the next monts my acne will be gone, i am sure of that.

OBS: its kind funny... cuz my skin still super oiled!! how does this happen? the treatement is to make ur oil glands produce more oil, but i still have the face oiled. This kind makes me wonder?! since the acne gets better and better but the skin still super oiled.

Reviewed on April 5, 2009

I can't wait to see what my skin looks like after a few more treatments. I've tried everything there is to try including many pills and almost every topical, and one other laser, and my acne has been winning the war for many many years. I can't believe I'm actually optimistic.

Reviewed on April 1, 2009

Starting 12/09 through 3/09 I under went a series of 5 smoothbeam laser treatments and ended with 1 microdermabrasion. About half way through my laser treatments I got back on birth control pills, which by the way I noticed almost immediate improvement along my most problematic area; chin and jawline (proven to be hormone related acne). After purchasing a few products from the medispa, along with all 6 treatments, I spent a total of $675! My skin still broke out, really didn't look better at all, as I was still mortified going out in public with no make up on. After randomly googling one day I came upon the idea of epsom/sea salt facials. Ive been doing them for about a week. My skin is wayyyy better, as Epsom salt is natural and meant to be used for inflammation. PLEASE TRY EPSOM/SEA SALT ($6) BEFORE TRYING LASOR TREATMENTS ($700)! GOOGLE IT YOULL FIND A TON OF INFO. TRUST ME ITS WORTH TRYING.

Reviewed on March 10, 2009

Do NOT do this!!! I had this done 4 months ago and am still going through depression from it. It took a lot for me to even get online to post this, as it makes me sick to my stomache to even think about it. I went to my derm. to see about clearing up some old acne scars that I had which werent that bad. He tells me about Smoothbeam and says it will definitely help with no side effects.BS!!! I suffered hyperpigmentation along with more scarring. Again, it has been 4 months and during this time I have gotten a new derm. who I have received 6 Microderms from and have been prescribed a Hydroquinone cream from. I must say that this has extremely helped me out, but the truth of the matter is that I am still in depression and she tells me that by the time thats its all said and done that we will only be able to correct about 75% of the damage. :( Even though this has been very hard for me, it has taught me a lesson....love who you are, dont worry about it. Hope this helps some of you