Page 2 of Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment reviews

2.8/5 - 103 reviews

Reviewed on May 2, 2010

It's not cheap but it works for my non inflammatory acne

Reviewed on April 23, 2010

I use smoothbeam for my acne scars, ive been having treatments since last march. My acne scarring was pretty moderate but now i have seen about 60% improvement. I know this works which is a relief and i continue to have treatments until im satisfied with my skin.

I would recommend this. Im not sure how it is for acne...but for scars it definitely works. Ive had about 13 treatments.

Also, it takes 6 months from your first treatment until you see results so you have to be patient.

Reviewed on November 23, 2009

I will post a final review after all my treatments are done, but here is what I can say for now: I reall thought my face was going to be red after the first treament but no, no redness whatsoever. I did have minor swelling though, but that disappeared after 3 hours. I did see a minor improvement right after the treatment and I cant wait until Im done with all treatments.

Reviewed on October 1, 2009

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't have severe acne because their face may turn out like mine. All of this redness, bruising, burntness......I don't even know if it's going to go away. It looks the same as when the treatment was finished, except much worse. Hopefully they will figure out something for my face tonight.

Reviewed on September 16, 2009

I have moved to Montgomery, AL and can not find anyone that has the lazer. I am very bummed out and would sell the lazer myself if I knew who to get a hold of to be a sales person. They need to get on board down here in the South.

Reviewed on September 5, 2009

I LOVE this treatment! I am 46 years old & had severe acne as long as I can remember. I went to an old school derm that had me on various antibiotics for around 5 years with mixed results - one would stop working & then it was on to the next. I finally changed doctor. I started with Accutane, but I only got thru 50% of the treatment & had to stop due to severe dry eyes. My doctor then suggested Smoothbeam. I have had 6 treatments so far & have not had a breakout in months! The first treatment was a walk in the park - used a mild numbing cream & didn't feel anything - no big deal I thought. However, as the strength was increased I experienced increased redness & swelling. The tech ices my face during the treatment & I now ice it for a day or 2. Yes, it's extremely painful - I am now using superstrength numbing cream.But I am off medication for the 1st time in years and my skin has never ever been better. I will continue this on a maintenance basis - every 3 mths.

Reviewed on July 30, 2009

I'm 30, and while I had acne as a teenager it didn't get very bad until my mid 20s. This was the first treatment I had that really worked (after trying many treatments, prescriptions, etc.). I went to the Baylaser Clinic in Toronto. The doctor who administered treatment told me it wasn't permanent, and I'd need maintenance treatments about every 1.5 yrs. In the last 2 months (2 years after the last session) my acne has returned full force. I've started another round of treatments with the same doctor and laser clinic. I've recently realized that my acne is a symptom of an underlying hormonal disorder (with which I'm in the process of being diagnosed - possibly PCOS). So while I'm treating the acne again with the laser treatment, I will also be actively trying to get to the root cause and treating that.

So, if you can afford this treatment I do recommend it. You must stick with it for all the sessions. Find a clinic that has a medical doctor administer the treatment.

Reviewed on July 13, 2009

After trying a variety of topical acne medications, as well as oral antibiotics, I decided to try smoothbeam since my acne kept coming back. I had many scars all over my cheeks due to the type of acne I had (cysts, and nodules). After 5 treatments at 333.00 a session my scars COMPLETELY went away and my breakouts were reduced to maybe one zit around the time of my period. After about a year acne free, and only using topical treatments to try and maintain the results, I decided to stop using the topical treatments. My acne came back and I had to do another 4 sessions of smoothbeam. I went on oral contraceptives which controlled the hormonal cause of acne, and topical treatments to control the bacteria. The acne is under control now, but I still get some breakouts. I am going to try a new treatment called ISOLAZ to see if I can control the breakouts.

Bottom line, I would definintely recommend this for acne scars, not so much to control acne breakouts.

Reviewed on July 11, 2009

The sunbeam/vbeam worked great while being treated (aside from the inconveniences of taking off of work, etc). However, my dermatologist was able to get my insurance to cover the laser treatment by writing a letter stating that I had tried numerous accutane treatments and they were not effective..

In the year since I finished my 4 treatments and my skin atarted to break out again a month or two after my last treatment. Ironically, I actaully then ended up going back on accutane because that has longer lasting results and less side effects (at least for me) than the laser did.

If you can get your insurance to pay for the treatments I would recommend them, but if you have to pay for it I would probably say its not worth it, unless you have unlimited funding or something. IMO it seems like this is for maintenance rather than treatment.