Smoothbeam Laser Acne Treatment reviews

2.8/5 - 103 reviews

Reviewed on May 28, 2013

did 6 treatments hoping it was going to cure my acne. just waisted my money . I did not had any side effects like some of the people have commented on. it just didn't work never made my acne better stayed the same . the only thing it did was made my face less oily . but for $300.00 a treatment I expected more than just giving me a less oily face ..

Reviewed on December 26, 2012

people who write these bad reviews on it saying they got hyperpigmentation that is only because they did not prep their face before the treatment with the preping cream the give you. if you forget to put that cream on every night you will hyperpigmentate and people who complain about it being so "painful" its not 1 bit... it feels like a baby got a okay pinch on you and as they go more along the face you just get use to it and it feels like nothing and its not long at all.

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

I have East Asian skin, and got the Smooth Beam laser treatment done 8 months ago to help with my mild acne scarring. The procedure was recommended by a dermatologist and performed by a medical nurse who explained the procedure every step of the way. She seemed nice and experienced. I followed aftercare instructions and stayed away from the sun.

I did a bit of research and it seemed like a low risk procedure to do at the time. Now I am left with stripes of hyperpigmentation through the sides of my cheeks.

In the past 8 months I have spent a lot of money trying to correct this problem with peels, microdermabrasion, Retinol, green light photorejuvination therapy, kojic acid, hydroquinone, and lumixyl. Some of them have helped to slightly lighten the dark lines, but I am still left with the hyperpigmentation.

I originally got this procedure done because I wanted to wear less makeup, and now I have to wear more make up and cover the sides of my face with my hair. I feel extremely self-conscious, and cannot just jump into the pool during vacations anymore. I hide under the shade, and have to stay away from the sun at all times, or the lines will get even darker.

Please please do not get lasers done on your face. It is just not worth the risk. If I can turn back the clock, I would never put myself in such a situation again. It is much better to be patient and take your time with less invasive methods.

Even if the risks are low, it only takes one bad result to change your life forever. I did this to myself, and I have to live with it now.

Reviewed on March 1, 2012

I have had 3 treatments to date and have tried many different settings. The first time I went I had it on a relatively low setting but the technician did several passes over my entire face. On subsequent visits I have been taking a more intense treatment, it is a little uncomfortable at first but with the anesthetic cream you quickly get used to it and its not much to worry about.

I would highly recommend the treatment to anyone who has suffered from acne. It's really helped me a lot.

I am 2nd Generation Australian with rather light skin. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I have read several of the posts below and do not really understand where most people are going wrong, I did not experience any redness or down time at all and went straight back to work.

Reviewed on May 4, 2011

I have had 3 treatments thus far with a month in between each. I go for my 4th in two days. I don't see a difference yet, but I am hoping that it will help with the scars on my cheeks soon. From what I have been able to research, it seems that you don't really see a benefit to scars until a few months after your 4th treatment. I haven't had bad acne for years thanks to accutane when I was in my late teens, but I was left scarred and we all know how they make you feel.

Reviewed on April 19, 2011

I underwent two treatments of smoothbeam and although the first time I did not have any negative reaction, the second time I developed severe swelling and crusting of the skin. Within a week, the swelling subsided however I was left with severe hyperpigmentation. Even after three years of diligent usage of hydroquinone and other bleaching products, my face is still 10% scared by the procedure. I am of Indian origin with medium skintone. The dermatologist seemed quite surprised that I pigmented in this manner. It was truly one of the most difficut phases of my life. Please DO NOT use smoothbeam especially if you pigment easily.

Reviewed on February 2, 2011

i have only got the first treatment done but my face is completley red. its has been 3 weeks sense my first treatment and my face is still completley red. I dont no what to do..... anyone have any ideas?

Reviewed on November 12, 2010

This treatment did not work for me. be careful , make sure you go to the right dermatology.

i have black spots on my skin after the treatment and more scars. the doctor did not care at all.

Reviewed on July 14, 2010

It does work! Result will show gradually. I just finished my 4th treatment, and my skin cleared up almost completely.(only 1 zit left, I used to have at least 20 zits in average). I will post another review when I finish my 6th treatment.

Reviewed on May 31, 2010

Proven effective treatment for acne and acne scars and prevention of new acne!