Page 4 of Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 84 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Reviewed on September 6, 2009

Clears skin in a few weeks,it is great product..

Reviewed on September 4, 2009

im jo, used this medication twice, last year and this year. used it last year for 5 months, this year 6 months. firat time used worked great for the first couple of weeks, no break outs at all. could see improvements. but this came to a hault when went on holiday to dubai last year, where the cream waz findin it hard to cope wit da heat. so it stopped workin.

the second year (2009) i used it 4 a long time, more than 6 months, dis time it made ma face worse got some scarring 4rm it. i think it didnt work, cauz maye i didnt use enough cream or cauz need to use plain water to wash it off, or cauz u might have to use da cream on ur whole of ur face. but worth a try 4 a newcomer, jut try and follow what the instructions say.

Reviewed on August 27, 2009

I've been uisng Skinoren for the past 6 months in conjuction with Docycyl (anti-biotic). The first 4 months my skin cleared up a bit but then the past two months the red inflammed acne came back.

My derm started gave me Minerva 35 and i started medication 2 days ago still in conjuction with Skinoren applied twice a day.

I will keep you posted regarding my progress, maybe this time I hope to see some improvement.

Reviewed on July 15, 2009

I said I will update u in 3 months,after writting here on the 11 May 2009. Well I have not finished 3 moths yet. But let me tell u I look much,much,much better than i was 2 moths ago.The pimples r completely gone.The dark spots r much lighter but still visible.Let me just say my self-esteem and confidence is right up thereeee.Am feeling GOOOD.Remember Iam on 6 months programme using Skinoren with Minerva35,end of the month I will visit my derm just to see if he is happy.But I am. I will update u again in 3 months. My curiousity now is wath will happen after i finish the 6 months.Mhhhh dont know will have to wait and see.But I cannot take another break out.

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

I have only been using Skinoren for four days. My doctor prescribed it along with a course of oral Clarithromycin.

Since coming off the pill in December my skin has really broken out - I get a lot of whiteheads in particular. Tried using topical Clindamycin and that is OK but not amazing. Was contemplating Retin-A but am going to give this a go first.

As other posters say, it does itch and sting when you first put it on. Makes me want to rub my face a lot and is hard to stop myself! I have already noticed fewer spots but I am still getting some whiteheads so I still have a way to go.

I have been using it on my neck and chest too and my neck it quite red, like i have mild sunburn, hope that goes away. My chest area seems to be more stubborn as the spots are still there and show no sign of going.

I really hope it works over the next few weeks

Reviewed on June 12, 2009

I started using this cream on January 26th 2009 with EXTREMELY bad acne pigmentation and some mild active acne. As of 12 June 2009 I can say the difference is unbelievable.

If you've been prescribed this cream please use it as directed and give it at least 7-9 weeks to kick in. I really thought this cream wasnt working for me and after around 5 weeks I felt like giving up but I stuck with it, then after around 8 weeks I noticed that my pigmentation had decreased dramatically - and believe me, if you think yours is bad, I would bet money it's nothing compared to what mine was - my entire forehead had atleast 68 spots, by my count, of pigmentation that had gone from red to purple - I constantly looked like I had been beaten up in a fight, my face itself wasnt much better either.

Anyway I've been using it for nearly 5 months now and I can say this product is awesome and according to my doctor safe to use in the longterm (unlike BP products), so I say, get this cream from you

Reviewed on May 11, 2009

I see a difference.I see the pimples are smaller and dry in the morning.Im starting my 2nd week today.My derm said it will help will the scars as i have dark skin.My dermatologist has put me on a 6 months program.im taking Minerva-35 as well.The combination seems to be really working.Will keep u updated in 3 months.

Reviewed on May 7, 2009

I don't have any acne, I do get the odd spot. I am using it for Chloasma which is a hyperpigment problem with dark skin. It seems to be working but only used it for 3 days so i'll give it a month or so.

Reviewed on April 24, 2009

I am really pleased with this so far i will keep you informed, my skin looks so much clearer already

Reviewed on April 5, 2009

Good product. I find it was very helpful when teamed with twice daily treatments of topical erythromycin.