Page 5 of Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 90 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

I have only been using Skinoren for four days. My doctor prescribed it along with a course of oral Clarithromycin.

Since coming off the pill in December my skin has really broken out - I get a lot of whiteheads in particular. Tried using topical Clindamycin and that is OK but not amazing. Was contemplating Retin-A but am going to give this a go first.

As other posters say, it does itch and sting when you first put it on. Makes me want to rub my face a lot and is hard to stop myself! I have already noticed fewer spots but I am still getting some whiteheads so I still have a way to go.

I have been using it on my neck and chest too and my neck it quite red, like i have mild sunburn, hope that goes away. My chest area seems to be more stubborn as the spots are still there and show no sign of going.

I really hope it works over the next few weeks

Reviewed on June 12, 2009

I started using this cream on January 26th 2009 with EXTREMELY bad acne pigmentation and some mild active acne. As of 12 June 2009 I can say the difference is unbelievable.

If you've been prescribed this cream please use it as directed and give it at least 7-9 weeks to kick in. I really thought this cream wasnt working for me and after around 5 weeks I felt like giving up but I stuck with it, then after around 8 weeks I noticed that my pigmentation had decreased dramatically - and believe me, if you think yours is bad, I would bet money it's nothing compared to what mine was - my entire forehead had atleast 68 spots, by my count, of pigmentation that had gone from red to purple - I constantly looked like I had been beaten up in a fight, my face itself wasnt much better either.

Anyway I've been using it for nearly 5 months now and I can say this product is awesome and according to my doctor safe to use in the longterm (unlike BP products), so I say, get this cream from you

Reviewed on May 11, 2009

I see a difference.I see the pimples are smaller and dry in the morning.Im starting my 2nd week today.My derm said it will help will the scars as i have dark skin.My dermatologist has put me on a 6 months program.im taking Minerva-35 as well.The combination seems to be really working.Will keep u updated in 3 months.

Reviewed on May 7, 2009

I don't have any acne, I do get the odd spot. I am using it for Chloasma which is a hyperpigment problem with dark skin. It seems to be working but only used it for 3 days so i'll give it a month or so.

Reviewed on April 24, 2009

I am really pleased with this so far i will keep you informed, my skin looks so much clearer already

Reviewed on April 5, 2009

Good product. I find it was very helpful when teamed with twice daily treatments of topical erythromycin.

Reviewed on February 25, 2009

really good this was the second last treat ment for me

but scared its too soon to talk

Reviewed on February 13, 2009

I use the 15 % Skinoren Gel , it absorbs better into the skin than the cream and leaves your face with a nice smooth and matt feel due to its skin-shedding properties.

Surprisingly it helps to prevent deeper , cyst like spots which i used to get.

Reviewed on January 21, 2009

I started having trouble with my skin when I turned 21... i was trying everything including expensive visits to the beautician every two weeks for a glycolic peals and topical tretinoin (which was soooo honorable). Anyways, I started to realize that my acne problem was associated with me having sensitive skin / rosacea. I'm now 28 and have found that skinoren is the best treatment for me... unfortunately if i stop using it I suffer breakouts again.... which only further illustrates how good this treatment is.

Reviewed on January 18, 2009

WORKS AMAZING. if you dont mind a little pain to have clear skin buy this stuff.