Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Average price: $22.17

Brand: Skinoren

Most helpful review

By Lee, New Zealand on 12/05/2012

I'm a 32 year old male. Suffered from acne since early teens. Derma said I would have adult acne into my 40's. Tried roaccutane when I was younger, antibiotics, BP cream, Salicylilc acid etc. and nothing worked. I don't know how I didn't know about Azelaic Acid but I'm so glad I do now! - Been using for 3 months and my skin is clearer than it has ever been and there are NO side effects to this cream. No flaky skin, no sensitive skin, no sun sensitive skin just clear skin! Use it twice a day after cleansing with a mild cleanser like cetaphil. Apply generously to the entire affected area, this isn't a spot treatment. I rub in over chin and cheeks area. A 30g tube lasts me about 3 weeks. NOTE! - Give this treatment a chance. It takes at least 4 weeks to start working but after that you will notice a continual improvement. Good luck! There is hope! :).

Pros:
  • It works!
  • No side affects
  • Reasonably priced (in NZ)
Cons:
  • Could do with a bigger tube?

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Member reviews

By on

really good this was the second last treat ment for me

but scared its too soon to talk

Pros

• great skins cleared up really good already only been using 4 a week hope it continues like that skin feels smooth aswell made cyste spots smaller :D:D

Cons

• does sting verry little when first aplied
  • little peeling of the skin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use the 15 % Skinoren Gel , it absorbs better into the skin than the cream and leaves your face with a nice smooth and matt feel due to its skin-shedding properties.

Surprisingly it helps to prevent deeper , cyst like spots which i used to get.

Pros

• Got rid of my moderate acne , at least a 90% improvement.
  • Skin already started to feel smoother and healthier after one week.
  • No irritation like BP ..

Cons

• Burns for about 5 Minutes after application
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started having trouble with my skin when I turned 21... i was trying everything including expensive visits to the beautician every two weeks for a glycolic peals and topical tretinoin (which was soooo honorable). Anyways, I started to realize that my acne problem was associated with me having sensitive skin / rosacea. I'm now 28 and have found that skinoren is the best treatment for me... unfortunately if i stop using it I suffer breakouts again.... which only further illustrates how good this treatment is.

Pros

• Works! I mean seriously works. Great value for money.

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderately severe
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

WORKS AMAZING. if you dont mind a little pain to have clear skin buy this stuff.

Pros

• clears skin quickly unlike other products which takes weeks to see a slight difference. Also stays clear if used well

Cons

• Burns, itches, causes red effects, pins and needles effect.
  • moderate
  • $ 63
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this product for nearly 3 months now and i'm giving up. My skin looks older and ragged due to the drying effect. This product has not been working for me at all!

Pros

• Coulndn't mention any

Cons

• Dries out skin. Burns and leaves skin itchy and red.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Only been useing this cream for 2 days now but as soon as u put it on a few hours later u can really feel it working.. Just hopein it now helps as other creams like Panoxy havent worked And duax..

Pros

• Helps kill the bacteria hels with the redness and the Bumps soothens the skin and keeps it soft

Cons

• When i first applyed this cream i got a pins and needels feeling and slight burning sensation for about 5 mins but then it calm down rapildy
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its on trial..but happy enough to keep using it

Pros

• Have High hopes for this stuff,nothing has ever worked only made my face worse(bp)...Anyway seems to be to doing something ..some cystic ane I had is gone..the skin just flaked away so a good start..I'll post again in a week with update

Cons

• Itchy..but aint scrathing..fades after a few minutes..
  • Pricey need prescription from the doc
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• severe
  • for about a month

By on

i have tried loads of different creams, gels and solutions in the past which have not made the slightest difference and my doctor said they were all the same types so he prescribed me this which is completely different and contains different ingredients. i have only been using it for one day so far however it has made a difference. i hope it continues to get better.

also if your in full time education get it from your doctor it will be cheap or free

Pros

• after one day my skin seemed a lot calmer and although i still had redness it wasn't as bad as it was the night before

Cons

• slightly itchiness
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Didn't work for me.

Pros

• Reduces oilyness...

Cons

• I've been using the product for 2 months now and my skin hasn't improved at all. I still get breakouts, I still have whiteheads on my cheeks and the red spots are still there also... I'm very disappointed with this product.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.