Page 2 of Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 87 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Reviewed on December 5, 2012

I'm a 32 year old male. Suffered from acne since early teens. Derma said I would have adult acne into my 40's. Tried roaccutane when I was younger, antibiotics, BP cream, Salicylilc acid etc. and nothing worked. I don't know how I didn't know about Azelaic Acid but I'm so glad I do now! - Been using for 3 months and my skin is clearer than it has ever been and there are NO side effects to this cream. No flaky skin, no sensitive skin, no sun sensitive skin just clear skin! Use it twice a day after cleansing with a mild cleanser like cetaphil. Apply generously to the entire affected area, this isn't a spot treatment. I rub in over chin and cheeks area. A 30g tube lasts me about 3 weeks.

NOTE! - Give this treatment a chance. It takes at least 4 weeks to start working but after that you will notice a continual improvement.

Good luck! There is hope! :)

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

I've suffered with acne most of my adult life. When I was 29 my acne was so severe I was prescribed roaccuntane for six months which gave amazing results! My skin remained clear for about 5 years afterwards, bar the occasional spot. Since then my skin has got worse, but not to the extent it was when I was 29, but enough for me to go see my doctor. Im 38 now and Over the past 4 yesrs I've tried pretty much most all the over the counter acne treatments and prescription creams and antibiotics from my doctor, but none worked. Until last week when i returned to the docs again, she prescribed skinoren cream along with doxycycline tabs and the results are really noticeable! My skin looks clearer, feels smoother, and it reduced the couple of cystic spots after two days! It has also improved the look of my old red acne scarring! I recommend this cream to anyone with moderate acne.its fab!

Reviewed on September 18, 2012

This cream really works for me. I have tried many kinds of topical treatment, but I always go back to Skinoren when I need to fix a spot.

I also use it together with other products sometimes, but just this cream alone can make my spots disappear in about 2-3 days.

It is gentle on the skin and a tube lasts me a very long time.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

I was prescribed this cream from my doctor, alongside deoxycycline antibiotic, and must say it just didn't work for me sadly. I atleast thought the cream could prevent further breakouts however I did breakout where I applied the cream. I used it for about 2 weeks religiously but it ran out quite quickly, so instead my doctor prescribed me Duac once daily gel, which i prefer as I have seen improvement on my skin with only a few days use. Maybe this will work for you too!

by spartacus5 on 06/30/2013 00:16
You have to use it at least for 3 weeks and more to see any difference.
Reviewed on June 9, 2012

I have been using this for some months and it saved my skin after Accutane "stopped working". I got breakouts again and didn't know what to do. I never really tried this before. So, after Accutane I got cystic acne on my jawline, cheeks. And lots of blackheads. This helps to control my blackheads with using scrubs. It got rid of all my jawline acne and cheek acne and also prevents it. My skin got to regenerate again. I still get monthly dose of acne two weeks before my period, the major hormonal changes-it can't control! My skin is smooth, no bumps and also because of all the chemical exfoliation it performs, my skin is more even, and even lighter, brighter and looks healthy.

Reviewed on May 4, 2012

I started getting acne 3 years ago(I'm 14 old now)..My mum bought it 1 week ago so I gave it a try.After 3 daysI was 100% acne free.I only had some scars left.It also reduced oilness..But suddenly the oilness came back and I broke out..

I still use it and maybe it's just to early to see if it really works..=/

Reviewed on February 8, 2012

I'm 24 and I've had mild acne around my mouth and jaw since I was 18. I've tried many things such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Minocyline, not eating fatty foods, cutting out alcohol, drinking lots of water and wasting money on tons of different face washes, scrubs and moisturisers.

My doctor perscribed me this cream after my antibiotics didn't seem to be doing anything after a year of being on them. I was gutted when she suggested this cream as I felt like she was getting rid of me.

After two weeks of wanting to scratch my skin off after applying this cream, I began noticing my breakouts seemed to have slowed down/stopped. Let me tell you this though, my skin did seem to break out after a few days in a major way. All the little tiny bumps developed into red spots. They seemed to all come out at once and lasted almost a week.

I am now a 5 weeks into using it and I can't believe how much this cream has helped. I still get the odd little spot that goes after a few days, it never gets inflamed and the spots I do get have stopped hurting. I'm going to have a few sunbed sessions to help remove the dark marks (or blend them in) but I shall continue using this cream for as long as I can.

I'm due to see my doctor again in a week so hopefully she will perscribe me some more.

I am absolutely delighted with this product. I only use a light scrub to help remove any dead/flaking skin.

Reviewed on October 13, 2011

This really worked for me, after having severe acne after stopping the pill and then even in pregnancy. This product finally gave me the relief I have been looking for. I use it at night and during the day I use the effaclar series by LaRoche Posay.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I have been using this item for 3.5 months now. I am not happy with the results. I still have acne. I have been using it inconjunction with Tetralysal antibiotics. The areas affected by acne has changed, before I started is was my t-zone, but now it has moved to my cheeks. Now, I have to start all over again and try a new product and hope that it works :(