Page 2 of Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 83 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Reviewed on June 9, 2012

I have been using this for some months and it saved my skin after Accutane "stopped working". I got breakouts again and didn't know what to do. I never really tried this before. So, after Accutane I got cystic acne on my jawline, cheeks. And lots of blackheads. This helps to control my blackheads with using scrubs. It got rid of all my jawline acne and cheek acne and also prevents it. My skin got to regenerate again. I still get monthly dose of acne two weeks before my period, the major hormonal changes-it can't control! My skin is smooth, no bumps and also because of all the chemical exfoliation it performs, my skin is more even, and even lighter, brighter and looks healthy.

Reviewed on May 4, 2012

I started getting acne 3 years ago(I'm 14 old now)..My mum bought it 1 week ago so I gave it a try.After 3 daysI was 100% acne free.I only had some scars left.It also reduced oilness..But suddenly the oilness came back and I broke out..

I still use it and maybe it's just to early to see if it really works..=/

Reviewed on February 8, 2012

I'm 24 and I've had mild acne around my mouth and jaw since I was 18. I've tried many things such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Minocyline, not eating fatty foods, cutting out alcohol, drinking lots of water and wasting money on tons of different face washes, scrubs and moisturisers.

My doctor perscribed me this cream after my antibiotics didn't seem to be doing anything after a year of being on them. I was gutted when she suggested this cream as I felt like she was getting rid of me.

After two weeks of wanting to scratch my skin off after applying this cream, I began noticing my breakouts seemed to have slowed down/stopped. Let me tell you this though, my skin did seem to break out after a few days in a major way. All the little tiny bumps developed into red spots. They seemed to all come out at once and lasted almost a week.

I am now a 5 weeks into using it and I can't believe how much this cream has helped. I still get the odd little spot that goes after a few days, it never gets inflamed and the spots I do get have stopped hurting. I'm going to have a few sunbed sessions to help remove the dark marks (or blend them in) but I shall continue using this cream for as long as I can.

I'm due to see my doctor again in a week so hopefully she will perscribe me some more.

I am absolutely delighted with this product. I only use a light scrub to help remove any dead/flaking skin.

Reviewed on October 13, 2011

This really worked for me, after having severe acne after stopping the pill and then even in pregnancy. This product finally gave me the relief I have been looking for. I use it at night and during the day I use the effaclar series by LaRoche Posay.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I have been using this item for 3.5 months now. I am not happy with the results. I still have acne. I have been using it inconjunction with Tetralysal antibiotics. The areas affected by acne has changed, before I started is was my t-zone, but now it has moved to my cheeks. Now, I have to start all over again and try a new product and hope that it works :(

Reviewed on June 26, 2011

I've waited 4 months before writing on here as I wanted to give the product a fair shot. While it might not be for everyone, it HAS worked for me so if this review can be of use to anyone then I'll be happy.

For the first week I only used it on alternate days, finally building up to twice a day every day. I don't know if it was the skinoren or the UV lamp I started using (Beauty Skin by Dr Kern - another fantastic product), but within the first few weeks I definitely had a purge. Not terrible, at most 6-7 papules, and certainly not as big as my previous pimples.

After this my skin has really improved: I went from a lot of whiteheads (clogged pores) and papules to almost no whiteheads nor any sort of papules. While the whiteheads were 'coming out' there was some redness, but this was temporary and the marks have nearly all but faded.

I still get the occasional hormonal pimple but these are much much smaller than 4 months ago and go within a few days (unlike a few weeks). I would definitely recommend this product to people who are sensitive to Retin-A and BP, as I was. Please do remember that I am using this in conjunction with the UV lamp, which is excellent.

Altogether I am very happy and I hope you can be too. Thanks for reading and good luck!

Reviewed on June 9, 2011

Stopped use after one week as skin is in much worse condition than when i started.

Reviewed on May 28, 2011

I apply Skinoren once a day before bedtime. The first week I used this product, I experienced an initial breakout. I used it in conjunction with Eryacne. I didn't experience the stinging that so many other members have reported, though I do apply Skinoren over a light moisturizer which might help inhibit stinging. I've experienced no irritation or excessive drying. My skin seems to like Skinoren. Combining Eryacne and Skinoren is keeping my skin clear.

Reviewed on February 11, 2011

definitely worth a try! IT's cost effective and it works better than any other acne treatment I have tried