Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 86 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Actual results!
Reviewed on March 23, 2015

I believe that I have adult acne(I'm 26 and it started a few years ago) caused by very minor rosacea; if you have acne vulgaris and not acne rosacea, this treatment might not work for you. Though I'd say it's still worth a try if nothing else works for you. So far, I have had consistent success with Skinoren(which I bought from an online pharmacy). The instructions are correct when they say that you have to wait between 4-8 weeks for results; for the first month, I suspected that it wasn't working because I was still popping pimples on my forehead like mad. But now it's been almost another month since then and so far I have almost no acne. I no longer have cystic acne and just a few really tiny, almost unnoticeable, whiteheads here and there. I'm very impressed! My skin is usually very sensitive(both salicyclic acid and benzoyl peroxide gave me worse acne along with rashes), yet Skinoren has given me no adverse reactions what so ever. I will say that even though it takes a while for the true results to show up, I did notice within the first week of using it that the texture and feel of my skin improved dramatically. My upper forehead felt much less flaky and got more soft and smooth.

I am only disappointed that it hasn't reduced the blackheads or cloggy pores much and my skin still gets more oily than it should. But those things can be remedied in other ways, and it's no big deal if the rest of my acne is cleared! Great product. Now I can finally get back to dating with confidence!

At last a remedy
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

I am 51 and have suffered from rosacea quite badly over the years. This cream works better rhan any other. Recommend.

Worked when everything else failed!
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

I'm 34 years old, suffered with acne all my life. 5 attempts at roaccutane to no avail. Used horrible BP creams that flake your skin. Dermo said I had adult acne and will do so until 40+. I stumbled upon Skinoren and hadn't heard of it before. Tried it, use a good amount on the affected area which is my cheek and chin area (not a spot treatment) morning and night and stick it out for 2 - 3 months like the directions say. This is very important, it took 2 months for me to see an improvement. I'm still using it 3 years later, I buy it in bulk online where I found a good price and I have NO acne anymore. This stuff works, that's all you need to know!

Didn't really do anything
Reviewed on August 27, 2014

My acne kept on slowly getting worse, which made me hopeful that this was helping in some way, but I think it was just my skin itself that got worse regardless of what was on it. Skinoren didn't really do anything for me at all. Maybe it helped diminish the pimples a little bit after about a month or so, but it worked very very slowly. I used it for two and a half months, didn't renew my prescription. maybe it works if you use it longer, but I feel like a topical treatment should give quicker results. It is gentle, though, so maybe it could be worth a shot for someone with sensitive skin.

works for first months, not in long run
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Skinoren cream. Used it for months and cleared a lot of my skin, after some month treatment (for weeks). After using it few months more it just stopped working and acne came back, and the skin was really terrible, did not stopped using it, but nothing did work anymore.

I started taking accutane(took it 6 months) got clear for months but after stopped using it, acne came back almost the next day,, and I was still alive and did not had any side effects, "thanks god!":D. Doctor described again new medicine, that did not work at all.(don't go to the doctor). "Products that irritate your skin and cause more acne".

My skin was sometimes really clear, did not know why, but now I realized that i was using a product with BP and should not have stopped using it(it was a exposed skincare kit, the daily serum(it's too expensive)). Now my skin is clear thanks to BP only, and I will use it daily, works now almost a year, I have pretty good skin.

!!!!About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product.

If I will not use acnefug for several days(without showering etc) the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

Skinoren initial breakout
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Hi, I've just started using skinoren a little over 1week, however the IB I'm experiencing is horrendous :(.. My acne has quadrupled!!.... Is this normal?... Please help

skinoren works for me!
Reviewed on September 4, 2013

I am 40 yrs old. My skin is not flawless but always been good enough to the point that im satisfied. I have few blemishes and pores but can fix them with a little bit of foundation or face powder. I wasnt been an acne prone person but 5 months ago, I started noticing some big pimples with puss and really hurts when I do my night facial regime. I didnt pay attention so much b/c I thought it will pass. But day after day after day my breakout is getting worse and so I started to be worried. I was scared that Im developing rosacea. Last month I went to see my dermatologist for a consultation and she confirmed that im having acne and not rosacea so I was a bit relieved. She prescribed me skinoren and dalacin 10mg. Been using skinoren and dalacin for 20 days now and im happy with the results. My face is clearing up and smoother. Skinoren works for me but apparently it has different effects to others.

Fingers crossed its working
Reviewed on August 23, 2013

I am 47 years old and have suffered with acne since my teens. I myself have tried every cream, facewash etc but then came across Skinoren by accident. I ordered some from Amazon and have been using it for about 4 weeks. I have had no breakouts at all since I started it. Usually my chin area has at least 2 massive painful spots but since I started using the cream I have had one tiny spot in 4 weeks. May just be coincidental but I am going to keep on with it in hope....

skinoren experience
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

worst treatment i have, i had 1 pimple in a week then i started using skinoren and i have 1 new pimple per day!!! i used it for month then i gave up and after two weeks i still have new pimple everyday, i dont know whats wrong... even cyst i have which i never had before, it may help someone but my opinion hands off! and yeaa... didnt help with red marks after 1 mont a bit!

Reviewed on December 5, 2012

I'm a 32 year old male. Suffered from acne since early teens. Derma said I would have adult acne into my 40's. Tried roaccutane when I was younger, antibiotics, BP cream, Salicylilc acid etc. and nothing worked. I don't know how I didn't know about Azelaic Acid but I'm so glad I do now! - Been using for 3 months and my skin is clearer than it has ever been and there are NO side effects to this cream. No flaky skin, no sensitive skin, no sun sensitive skin just clear skin! Use it twice a day after cleansing with a mild cleanser like cetaphil. Apply generously to the entire affected area, this isn't a spot treatment. I rub in over chin and cheeks area. A 30g tube lasts me about 3 weeks.

NOTE! - Give this treatment a chance. It takes at least 4 weeks to start working but after that you will notice a continual improvement.

Good luck! There is hope! :)