Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 90 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

Skinoren, purging
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I've been applying skinoren for 4 weeks now, once every night.

My face to begin with was clear everywhere except for my forehead which is oily and i would breakout once a month, a few whiteheads here and there, with a few closed comedones.

Since I've been using skinoren I've been breaking out non stop. I'm hoping that my skin is simply purging. I will give this another few weeks. Hopefully It won't cause damage to my skin.

Normal?
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I've been using Skinoren for over a week and I'm getting acne still...how long does it take? I smear Skinoren all over my face because I have acne in random places all over face. I also have it on my chest, so I've been putting Skinoren there as well. I haven't really notice anything at all as of yet. I'm also taking birth control...I've started both things on May 5th (2015)...fingers crossed for some actual results? I'm 26 and have adult acne....

by Twengkie on 05/25/2015 01:56
Not sure about birth control, but oral drugs such as antibiotics and accutane tend to break ppl out before face start to clear up. As for the skinoren, make sure you put moisturizer on after cause azelaic acids peels the skin
Good results
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

Hello fellow acne sufferers... I like this cream and it would work perfectly if I was more strict with my bed time regime as I cleanse but I don't always use this at night but it definitely makes a difference over night if you use it! I am 40 but younger in spirit, so I think that is why my acne is hanging around and it also started late. I also believe emotional distress, anxiety etc causes a lot of acne. If you saw my spotty face clear up after a massive cry, you would see the proof.

by minniemouse89 on 05/15/2015 11:18
Hi! Was wondering if you knew if it was okay to use makeup over Skinoren after it has dried? I feel so embarrassed to go out in public with no makeup on....
by Woland on 06/01/2015 16:26
Hi Flipper :) I'm also 40 and have moderate/severe bacne. Man, I thought it would have cleared by now! Also just starting Skinoren. Fingers crossed. Good to know there are others out there. :)
Brilliant
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

I had severe acne for months and I thought it would never go away, I had used every product available and cleaned up my diet etc but nothing worked. Skinorem was the only thing that worked, the first few weeks I had even more severe breakouts but if you can endure this then it is worth it. It took two months for effects to show but if you stick to it it's going to pay off. I now have near flawless skin and have done for the past 6 months or so.

Actual results!
Reviewed on March 23, 2015

I believe that I have adult acne(I'm 26 and it started a few years ago) caused by very minor rosacea; if you have acne vulgaris and not acne rosacea, this treatment might not work for you. Though I'd say it's still worth a try if nothing else works for you. So far, I have had consistent success with Skinoren(which I bought from an online pharmacy). The instructions are correct when they say that you have to wait between 4-8 weeks for results; for the first month, I suspected that it wasn't working because I was still popping pimples on my forehead like mad. But now it's been almost another month since then and so far I have almost no acne. I no longer have cystic acne and just a few really tiny, almost unnoticeable, whiteheads here and there. I'm very impressed! My skin is usually very sensitive(both salicyclic acid and benzoyl peroxide gave me worse acne along with rashes), yet Skinoren has given me no adverse reactions what so ever. I will say that even though it takes a while for the true results to show up, I did notice within the first week of using it that the texture and feel of my skin improved dramatically. My upper forehead felt much less flaky and got more soft and smooth.

I am only disappointed that it hasn't reduced the blackheads or cloggy pores much and my skin still gets more oily than it should. But those things can be remedied in other ways, and it's no big deal if the rest of my acne is cleared! Great product. Now I can finally get back to dating with confidence!

At last a remedy
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

I am 51 and have suffered from rosacea quite badly over the years. This cream works better rhan any other. Recommend.

Worked when everything else failed!
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

I'm 34 years old, suffered with acne all my life. 5 attempts at roaccutane to no avail. Used horrible BP creams that flake your skin. Dermo said I had adult acne and will do so until 40+. I stumbled upon Skinoren and hadn't heard of it before. Tried it, use a good amount on the affected area which is my cheek and chin area (not a spot treatment) morning and night and stick it out for 2 - 3 months like the directions say. This is very important, it took 2 months for me to see an improvement. I'm still using it 3 years later, I buy it in bulk online where I found a good price and I have NO acne anymore. This stuff works, that's all you need to know!

Didn't really do anything
Reviewed on August 27, 2014

My acne kept on slowly getting worse, which made me hopeful that this was helping in some way, but I think it was just my skin itself that got worse regardless of what was on it. Skinoren didn't really do anything for me at all. Maybe it helped diminish the pimples a little bit after about a month or so, but it worked very very slowly. I used it for two and a half months, didn't renew my prescription. maybe it works if you use it longer, but I feel like a topical treatment should give quicker results. It is gentle, though, so maybe it could be worth a shot for someone with sensitive skin.

works for first months, not in long run
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Skinoren cream. Used it for months and cleared a lot of my skin, after some month treatment (for weeks). After using it few months more it just stopped working and acne came back, and the skin was really terrible, did not stopped using it, but nothing did work anymore.

I started taking accutane(took it 6 months) got clear for months but after stopped using it, acne came back almost the next day,, and I was still alive and did not had any side effects, "thanks god!":D. Doctor described again new medicine, that did not work at all.(don't go to the doctor). "Products that irritate your skin and cause more acne".

My skin was sometimes really clear, did not know why, but now I realized that i was using a product with BP and should not have stopped using it(it was a exposed skincare kit, the daily serum(it's too expensive)). Now my skin is clear thanks to BP only, and I will use it daily, works now almost a year, I have pretty good skin.

!!!!About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product.

If I will not use acnefug for several days(without showering etc) the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

Skinoren initial breakout
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Hi, I've just started using skinoren a little over 1week, however the IB I'm experiencing is horrendous :(.. My acne has quadrupled!!.... Is this normal?... Please help