Skinoren Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 82 reviews

Brand: Skinoren

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

works for first months, not in long run
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Skinoren cream. Used it for months and cleared a lot of my skin, after some month treatment (for weeks). After using it few months more it just stopped working and acne came back, and the skin was really terrible, did not stopped using it, but nothing did work anymore.

I started taking accutane(took it 6 months) got clear for months but after stopped using it, acne came back almost the next day,, and I was still alive and did not had any side effects, "thanks god!":D. Doctor described again new medicine, that did not work at all.(don't go to the doctor). "Products that irritate your skin and cause more acne".

My skin was sometimes really clear, did not know why, but now I realized that i was using a product with BP and should not have stopped using it(it was a exposed skincare kit, the daily serum(it's too expensive)). Now my skin is clear thanks to BP only, and I will use it daily, works now almost a year, I have pretty good skin.

!!!!About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product.

If I will not use acnefug for several days(without showering etc) the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

Skinoren initial breakout
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Hi, I've just started using skinoren a little over 1week, however the IB I'm experiencing is horrendous :(.. My acne has quadrupled!!.... Is this normal?... Please help

skinoren works for me!
Reviewed on September 4, 2013

I am 40 yrs old. My skin is not flawless but always been good enough to the point that im satisfied. I have few blemishes and pores but can fix them with a little bit of foundation or face powder. I wasnt been an acne prone person but 5 months ago, I started noticing some big pimples with puss and really hurts when I do my night facial regime. I didnt pay attention so much b/c I thought it will pass. But day after day after day my breakout is getting worse and so I started to be worried. I was scared that Im developing rosacea. Last month I went to see my dermatologist for a consultation and she confirmed that im having acne and not rosacea so I was a bit relieved. She prescribed me skinoren and dalacin 10mg. Been using skinoren and dalacin for 20 days now and im happy with the results. My face is clearing up and smoother. Skinoren works for me but apparently it has different effects to others.

Fingers crossed its working
Reviewed on August 23, 2013

I am 47 years old and have suffered with acne since my teens. I myself have tried every cream, facewash etc but then came across Skinoren by accident. I ordered some from Amazon and have been using it for about 4 weeks. I have had no breakouts at all since I started it. Usually my chin area has at least 2 massive painful spots but since I started using the cream I have had one tiny spot in 4 weeks. May just be coincidental but I am going to keep on with it in hope....

skinoren experience
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

worst treatment i have, i had 1 pimple in a week then i started using skinoren and i have 1 new pimple per day!!! i used it for month then i gave up and after two weeks i still have new pimple everyday, i dont know whats wrong... even cyst i have which i never had before, it may help someone but my opinion hands off! and yeaa... didnt help with red marks after 1 mont a bit!

Reviewed on December 5, 2012

I'm a 32 year old male. Suffered from acne since early teens. Derma said I would have adult acne into my 40's. Tried roaccutane when I was younger, antibiotics, BP cream, Salicylilc acid etc. and nothing worked. I don't know how I didn't know about Azelaic Acid but I'm so glad I do now! - Been using for 3 months and my skin is clearer than it has ever been and there are NO side effects to this cream. No flaky skin, no sensitive skin, no sun sensitive skin just clear skin! Use it twice a day after cleansing with a mild cleanser like cetaphil. Apply generously to the entire affected area, this isn't a spot treatment. I rub in over chin and cheeks area. A 30g tube lasts me about 3 weeks.

NOTE! - Give this treatment a chance. It takes at least 4 weeks to start working but after that you will notice a continual improvement.

Good luck! There is hope! :)

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

I've suffered with acne most of my adult life. When I was 29 my acne was so severe I was prescribed roaccuntane for six months which gave amazing results! My skin remained clear for about 5 years afterwards, bar the occasional spot. Since then my skin has got worse, but not to the extent it was when I was 29, but enough for me to go see my doctor. Im 38 now and Over the past 4 yesrs I've tried pretty much most all the over the counter acne treatments and prescription creams and antibiotics from my doctor, but none worked. Until last week when i returned to the docs again, she prescribed skinoren cream along with doxycycline tabs and the results are really noticeable! My skin looks clearer, feels smoother, and it reduced the couple of cystic spots after two days! It has also improved the look of my old red acne scarring! I recommend this cream to anyone with moderate acne.its fab!

Reviewed on September 18, 2012

This cream really works for me. I have tried many kinds of topical treatment, but I always go back to Skinoren when I need to fix a spot.

I also use it together with other products sometimes, but just this cream alone can make my spots disappear in about 2-3 days.

It is gentle on the skin and a tube lasts me a very long time.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

I was prescribed this cream from my doctor, alongside deoxycycline antibiotic, and must say it just didn't work for me sadly. I atleast thought the cream could prevent further breakouts however I did breakout where I applied the cream. I used it for about 2 weeks religiously but it ran out quite quickly, so instead my doctor prescribed me Duac once daily gel, which i prefer as I have seen improvement on my skin with only a few days use. Maybe this will work for you too!

Reviewed on June 9, 2012

I have been using this for some months and it saved my skin after Accutane "stopped working". I got breakouts again and didn't know what to do. I never really tried this before. So, after Accutane I got cystic acne on my jawline, cheeks. And lots of blackheads. This helps to control my blackheads with using scrubs. It got rid of all my jawline acne and cheek acne and also prevents it. My skin got to regenerate again. I still get monthly dose of acne two weeks before my period, the major hormonal changes-it can't control! My skin is smooth, no bumps and also because of all the chemical exfoliation it performs, my skin is more even, and even lighter, brighter and looks healthy.