SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Brand: SkinCeuticals

Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat., Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycolic Acid, Diisopropyl Adipate, Octadecenedioic Acid, Hydroxyethylpiperazine, Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Citric Acid, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyquarternium-10.

Skinceuticals Blemish Age Defense Acne Treatment 55ml {Pro Size}
updated: 04/28/2017 05:50 UTC

Anonymous, Texas
Reviewed on July 12, 2012

I've tried just about everything, from the Regimen to prescription antibiotics to Retin A, and seriously nothing has worked towards clearing my skin as well as this product has. I currently face no breakouts but continue using as a preventative measure and to reduce severity of marks from old acne spots. This is a very expensive item but it is so worth it, to the point that I added this item just to review it for you guys. If you can afford it I highly recommend it. I was fortunate enough to get it for free as a gift but plan on repurchasing. This isn't just a simple salicyclic acid gel, it contains a blend of acids that over time gently restructure your skin by causing cell turnover. It contains 2% Dioic Acid, 0.3% LHA, 1.5% Salicylic Acid, 3.5% Glycolic Acid and 0.5% Citric Acid. It sounds like a lot but this will not irritate your skin, at least it didn't mine and I find it much more mild in comparison to Dan's BP gel and the Retin-A gel I was using prior. I apply 4-5 drops all over my face after washing wait 30 min and then follow with a light moisturizer (I use CeraVe). I do this morning and night every day but I would recommend starting out just doing this at night because just like the BP in the regimen you have to work yourself up to a full dosage. Seriously this has changed my appearance so much I love it. If you try it be sure to stick with it, and wait atleast a month.