Skin Needling/Rolling reviews

3.4/5 - 16 reviews

Skin Needling/Rolling

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Skin Needling/Rolling

Have been self-stamping for about a year now
Reviewed on November 7, 2015

I know there are a lot of negative comments on here stating this method doesn't work, but they've all generally come from people who have done only a few expensive professional treatments. There is only so much new "trauma" that can be done in a single treatment, so results will indeed be minimal if you don't do a lot of them. That's why I feel like it's better to learn how to do it yourself. It definitely takes commitment since it's time-consuming and painful, and you REALLY have to stick with it, but it really can make a difference. In the year I've been doing it, I've noticed my deeper scars have started to flatten out and are getting more shallow. It's important to give your skin enough time in the interim to repair itself, and to also use stuff like vitamin-C serum to promote collagen production and healing. I know I still have a long way to go, but I just picked up a more-expensive automatic needling machine, so I'm hoping in another year I'll see even more significant results.

Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I've been dermastamping for a year now. I use a 1,5 mm dermastamp. My skin is smoother, and my scars have become less deep,and some have vanished. This method is way nicer to your skin than lazer. I use vitamin c (powder mixed with water) and Vaseline based vitamin a cream after every session. I stamp once per month (sometimes less especially now in the summer - not good to be stamped and then getting out in the sun). I started rolling half a year ago (0,5 mm) - painful, but good for preventing wrinkles and rejuvenating my skin. I just bought single needles to try on some ice pick/enlarged pores, and will see how that goes.

I finally found something that works for scars! I'm so happy I could cry!!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I've been looking all over for reviews on treatments to help with the discoloration and scars that acne leaves behind, the closest I've found ( on this site) is the Dermaroller, which is the same concept as micro-needling but made easier for consumers to do at home. The dermaroller looks dangerous and very hard to sanitize. I just had this micro needling facial done at a spa three days ago, and my scars (discoloration AND indentation) are at least 50% better! Already! After ONE treatment! It sounds scary, but I'm telling you it does not hurt at all and it is SO worth it!! My treatment was done by Stacy at SenSen spa, she was very careful about controlling the needle depth, which is the biggest part of why I think this treatment was so successful for me, you need to have someone experienced do it, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME WITH THE DERMAROLLER! You could cause much more harm than good. I would be happy to explain the process more in-depth if anyone is interested. SO HAPPY WITH MY RESULTS!! And very thankful there is an alternative to having a laser burn your face skin off, thank god.

by Lize on 05/27/2015 01:01
Can you tell us how you're doing a year later? Strongly considering this treatment for my scars and your post is helpful! I've heard that sometimes the swelling right after treatment can diminish the appearance of scars, so curious how you're faring farther out. Thanks for your help!
Thumbs Down for Genuine Derma Roller
Reviewed on April 21, 2014

I wanted this to work. I really did. I had 5 treatments (derma roller and derma stamp) with a fully trained esthetician from May 2013 to January 2014. My skin is in better shape now (a bit clearer, softer) but there was no change in my mild scarring. I was disappointed.

I still roll at home with a 0.5mm because I think it helps with sloughing off old skin cells and keeping your skin clear. Not worth it for scars IMO though.

Not significant results
Reviewed on August 6, 2013

It seems to improve at first, but for deep acne scars it didn't work for me. And if you do it yourself you have to be really carefull and clean it with alcohol. And if you use the wrong cream it will not be good for your skin.

by Bradoll on 08/14/2013 06:04
I'm now trying it just with one needle instead of the derma roller, but I don't know if it will work better.
Reviewed on March 20, 2012

I had one of four sessions of the Dermaroller treatment. Despite being by far the most uncomfortable treatment I have ever had (chemical peels and various laser treatments previously) it did not work for me; In fact I believe it made the scarring worse. This was compounded by the fact that after the first week or two this skin looked fantastic and thought this was a miracle cure. I was to be disappointed and the improvements were short lived, most probably caused by swelling. I have not gone back for further treatments despite the clinic being usually excellent.

Before the treatment I got a few spots and did have some redness already in the treated areas so maybe this could have been the issue. I would recommend making sure your skin is 100% acne free before trying this. Also, in person if possible, see the effects of the treatment on someone with a similar skin type.

Reviewed on November 23, 2010

I had 4 skin needling treatments at a clinic in Sydney. I paid just about $2000 and till this day I see no results. I had red marks on my face from acne and was promised they would disappear with 4 treatments and nothing- didn't even fade. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for anyone wanting to get rid of scars and be sure NOT to undergo the treatment when you have active acne- it just makes it worse.

Reviewed on March 30, 2010

Licensed Estheticians trained in microneedle therapy can do just as good a treatment if not better. Because they don't rush you and a good esthetician will monitor your homecare treatments.

You can even do it yourself and have on-line help. You have to make sure to have a good quality dermaroller, like they say you get what you pay for. I personally used on my scars and saw 100% differance.

Reviewed on December 18, 2009

Alot of peoples are saying it doesnt works. But it does, there is many brands out there. Some vary from $35 to $150, the result you get is what you paid for. I used this product for a week on my acne scar. Rolling gently in differnt pattern, then applying collegen cream. My scar were atleast 20% better, and that in less than a week!!!. The brand i use was scentia dermaroller, it took less than a week to get here from the UK. Try it, it alot safer than laser or chemical peel. And no downtime.

Reviewed on August 14, 2009

Dermaroller doesn't work well on acne scars, I've done it, three treatments at a specialist, it cost to many for the result. I think my scars are minimum 10% better.. I've paid 1150 euro.