Page 2 of Omega Shea Butter reviews

4.2/5 - 70 reviews

Brand: Omega

100% Whipped Shea Butter

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

This is a wreck waiting to happen for my oily, extremely break-out prone skin. Unless you're on tane, have dry skin, or are just using this for your body or hair, I'd steer clear of this.

Reviewed on November 30, 2011

I purchased an 8 oz. tub at a local beauty suppy store for less than $5! You have to make sure it's 100% pure unrefined shea butter, especially if you want to use it on your face or on sensitive skin. Also, if you have a nut allergy it may irritate your skin as well. I have been using this product along with REAL african black soap, and let me tell you,I LOVE THIS STUFF! After only 3 days, my dark spots and acne have almost disappeared! The dark circles around my eyes have faded as well. I am eight months pregnant with my 4th child, so you can imagine the stretch marks I've accumulated...however, the shea butter is smoothing and fading them! Cocoa butter didnt do a thing! I use it as a night cream and an all over moisturizer and my skin is so soft and glowing. My boyfriend can't (and won't) keep his hands off of me! :-) It's great for massages (wink) lol

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

As with any product, product quality and correct usage are the key to positive results.

Make sure you are using PURE, UNREFINED shea butter. Using it in a cream with added ingredients (like MINERAL OIL) will, of course, exacerbate your skin problems.

If you find that the shea feels too heavy, try this: While your face is still wet from cleansing, rub a pea sized bit of shea butter between your palms until it liquifies, then smooth over your face. Blot dry with a towel. This will leave your freshly washed face absolutely glowing!

I only use the shea at night, when I cleanse with black soap or Original Neutrogena, follow with vitamin A gel, then smooth the shea butter all over my face. The shea absorbs quite swiftly, and leaves no greasy film.

During the day, I add a bit of shea butter over my eye cream, then blot the excess so my shadow doesn't slide off. I also use it as lip balm, which feels amazing!

I was also impressed by the shea butter's ability to heal wounds quickly. I recently cut my hand rather severely on a piece of shattered glass. I cleaned the wound, and went to sleep. In the morning, I applied a bit of shea butter to the cut, making sure to rub it in well. I continued to do this every few hours, and three days after cutting my hand, there was no redness, no visible scab, and no pain. Also, no scar. :)

I highly recommend this product to anyone, and suggest you purchase it from a fair trade supplier. I purchased mine on Amazon; $5.65 for one pound.

Good luck!

Reviewed on November 15, 2011

Miracle Product! This stuff works. Been using it for a week and I can honestly say that I'm starting to really love my skin. Had some blackheads on forehead and some dark spots from past acne, and this is really doing a great job for me so far. My face wash regiment is very simple: wash with ivory soap, then apply about a nickel size shea butter to my damp face morning and night. By the way I use Out of Africa Shea butter for anyone who wants to try it. This sh*t works!!

Reviewed on October 20, 2011

Great! i will continue to use this product, so far so good!

Reviewed on September 22, 2011

I I'm in love with Shea butter for real I'm sorry for those People that this stuff didn't work but for me it did and I'm still goin to buy more and more. My skin is so much better now it has like a glow and I use to have small dark spot from Acne marks but thanks god that they are desapering. I gave my mother a bottle and her skin is so much better 2 amazing stuff.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

I use grade A unrefined Shea butter and I have been using this for about 4 years. I am sixteen now at an age where teens experience severe acne problems but I have avoided the problem I believe through Shea butter. Women (sometimes men) complement me and question me at the clarity of my skin asking what's my secret implying that I have done something. I simply advertise this all natural cream. I recommend to anyone to use this stuff ASAP as it keeps the skin youthful. I jokingly can still pass for child tickets at silver-city.

Reviewed on June 9, 2011

don't use this sh*t on your face you've got to be crazy. the only way i would use this on my face is if i were a rhino

Reviewed on January 13, 2011

For those of you people who say that shea butter might harden up back to its natural form under your skin if exposed to lower temperatures and cause 'problems'. That's a myth. Whatever you put onto your skin or scalp gets absorbed right in and travels further through your bloodstream. That's why it's dangerous to use products containing chemicals, you put them on at one end, they end up everywhere, transferred by your bloodstream. Back to the point. Your body temperature is constant, regardless of the weather. It soaked right in, and it's hot enough under your skin. Do not be scared of those false side effects. It works for some people and doesn't work for others, as simple as that. I've been using rosehip seed oil which is also famous for its moisturizing properties religiously, and it didn't work. My scars might have improved a bit, but it did absolutely nothing to my stretch marks and wrinkles. I like it on my hair though. As for shea butter, i can't give you a detailed review yet because i haven't been using it long enough. If you dont like the thick texture of normal shea butter, check out shea nilotica, which absorbs a lot better. It melts into oil as soon as you touch it. Very easy for face application.

Reviewed on November 19, 2010

I have been buying unrefined Shea butter from Coastal Scents for about 4 years. I buy it every winter because I live in Northern Canada and I shovel snow in the winter for a living. Shea Butter protects my skin, makes an excellent lipbalm, and because it's occlusive in nature it protects my face (YES I said FACE) from salt and cold, chapping winds. I don't know why it clogs some people's pores, for me it's always been nothing but an incredible comfort to my skin...but then again, jojoba oil clogs my pores and it's noted MANY places it doesn't do that to alot of people. Goes to show what's good for me isn't good for you and even worse for the next guy S:)