Page 2 of Shea Butter reviews

4.2/5 - 68 reviews

Shea Butter

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

As with any product, product quality and correct usage are the key to positive results.

Make sure you are using PURE, UNREFINED shea butter. Using it in a cream with added ingredients (like MINERAL OIL) will, of course, exacerbate your skin problems.

If you find that the shea feels too heavy, try this: While your face is still wet from cleansing, rub a pea sized bit of shea butter between your palms until it liquifies, then smooth over your face. Blot dry with a towel. This will leave your freshly washed face absolutely glowing!

I only use the shea at night, when I cleanse with black soap or Original Neutrogena, follow with vitamin A gel, then smooth the shea butter all over my face. The shea absorbs quite swiftly, and leaves no greasy film.

During the day, I add a bit of shea butter over my eye cream, then blot the excess so my shadow doesn't slide off. I also use it as lip balm, which feels amazing!

I was also impressed by the shea butter's ability to heal wounds quickly. I recently cut my hand rather severely on a piece of shattered glass. I cleaned the wound, and went to sleep. In the morning, I applied a bit of shea butter to the cut, making sure to rub it in well. I continued to do this every few hours, and three days after cutting my hand, there was no redness, no visible scab, and no pain. Also, no scar. :)

I highly recommend this product to anyone, and suggest you purchase it from a fair trade supplier. I purchased mine on Amazon; $5.65 for one pound.

Good luck!

Reviewed on November 15, 2011

Miracle Product! This stuff works. Been using it for a week and I can honestly say that I'm starting to really love my skin. Had some blackheads on forehead and some dark spots from past acne, and this is really doing a great job for me so far. My face wash regiment is very simple: wash with ivory soap, then apply about a nickel size shea butter to my damp face morning and night. By the way I use Out of Africa Shea butter for anyone who wants to try it. This sh*t works!!

Reviewed on October 20, 2011

Great! i will continue to use this product, so far so good!

Reviewed on September 22, 2011

I I'm in love with Shea butter for real I'm sorry for those People that this stuff didn't work but for me it did and I'm still goin to buy more and more. My skin is so much better now it has like a glow and I use to have small dark spot from Acne marks but thanks god that they are desapering. I gave my mother a bottle and her skin is so much better 2 amazing stuff.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

I use grade A unrefined Shea butter and I have been using this for about 4 years. I am sixteen now at an age where teens experience severe acne problems but I have avoided the problem I believe through Shea butter. Women (sometimes men) complement me and question me at the clarity of my skin asking what's my secret implying that I have done something. I simply advertise this all natural cream. I recommend to anyone to use this stuff ASAP as it keeps the skin youthful. I jokingly can still pass for child tickets at silver-city.

Reviewed on June 9, 2011

don't use this sh*t on your face you've got to be crazy. the only way i would use this on my face is if i were a rhino

Reviewed on January 13, 2011

For those of you people who say that shea butter might harden up back to its natural form under your skin if exposed to lower temperatures and cause 'problems'. That's a myth. Whatever you put onto your skin or scalp gets absorbed right in and travels further through your bloodstream. That's why it's dangerous to use products containing chemicals, you put them on at one end, they end up everywhere, transferred by your bloodstream. Back to the point. Your body temperature is constant, regardless of the weather. It soaked right in, and it's hot enough under your skin. Do not be scared of those false side effects. It works for some people and doesn't work for others, as simple as that. I've been using rosehip seed oil which is also famous for its moisturizing properties religiously, and it didn't work. My scars might have improved a bit, but it did absolutely nothing to my stretch marks and wrinkles. I like it on my hair though. As for shea butter, i can't give you a detailed review yet because i haven't been using it long enough. If you dont like the thick texture of normal shea butter, check out shea nilotica, which absorbs a lot better. It melts into oil as soon as you touch it. Very easy for face application.

Reviewed on November 19, 2010

I have been buying unrefined Shea butter from Coastal Scents for about 4 years. I buy it every winter because I live in Northern Canada and I shovel snow in the winter for a living. Shea Butter protects my skin, makes an excellent lipbalm, and because it's occlusive in nature it protects my face (YES I said FACE) from salt and cold, chapping winds. I don't know why it clogs some people's pores, for me it's always been nothing but an incredible comfort to my skin...but then again, jojoba oil clogs my pores and it's noted MANY places it doesn't do that to alot of people. Goes to show what's good for me isn't good for you and even worse for the next guy S:)

Reviewed on July 4, 2010

You should not be using Shea Butter in a "cream" on your face! The other ingredients included in the cream can contribute to your severe acne breakout. Your 100% refined, organic, or raw shea butter should look almost like a thick hard cream colored paste(or softer if allowed to sit in a warm room). It should smell very "nutty". If it feels hard, it should soften as soon as your warm fingers touch it.

I am a 36 yr old woman of African/White descent with severe adult acne. I have been using Max Clarity for 2 months now, with "ok" acne clearing results but it causes SEVERELY dry skin. Overly dry skin can cause acne too, as I've found out. I decided to google shea butter because I had some 100% Shea Butter that I had bought from an herbal shop about 2 years ago, just sitting there. Once I saw all the benefits of this stuff, I decided to try it on my face and other dry spots first. I have been using the shea butter for 2 weeks now.

For my face: It felt so greasy, I was discouraged at first. I am so programmed against placing anything on my face that feels greasy at all. My skin is already extra oily, so it would seem that anything that makes it oiler would be a bad thing, right? Wrong! The first time I used the shea butter on my face, I tried to wear it under my make-up. Don't try to wear it under make-up or it will feel like you're wearing a mask, lol. I highly recommend that you buy the Black Soap that others have described. The use of the Black Soap will help to heal the scars and clear the excess shea butter from your skin while leaving behind the essential oils from the butter. I use the shea butter after washing with my Max Clarity regimen at night only. After applying the shea butter on my entire face, I WIPE IT DRY WITH A PAPER TOWEL. The shea butter will still be in your pores where it's needed. My skin feels AMAZING(smooth/dry) and no acne!

When I used the shea butter on the my knees and elbows, the extra dry skin began cle

Reviewed on February 22, 2010

I'm 18, had trouble skin since puberty, and tried many, many moisturizers in my short lifetime. Most were either heavily fragranced or have toxic ingredients. I was pretty skeptical about the effectiveness of shea butter when I first heard about it, but I'm so glad I gave it a try. This stuff helped heal my eczema and got rid of my jawline acne. My skin is smooth and glowing after a few months of diligently incorporating this product in my skincare regime. It's also helped a bit with fading some past hyperpigmentation and red marks.

You can buy unrefined shea whole-sale from either ebay or amazon. It's the best moisturizer I've ever used. Hopefully it'll work for you too.