Shea Butter reviews

4.2/5 - 68 reviews

Shea Butter

Not bad!
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

I applied this on my face every morning. It's a great moisturizer, and makes my skin look great, healthy, and with a nice looking shine. Sometimes it can clog your face if you don't wash it at the end of the day before you go to bed.

It evened out my skin texture.

It's worth a try.

Shea butter is a no no
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

I usually use Palmers Cocoa Butter but i ran out and decided to use my sisters shea butter. She uses it for her hair though. Ive been an acne sufferer and been clear for two years now thanks to research and habits. So of course i looked up reviews on shea butter. Some were good reviews some bad. So everyone is different so i gave it a try. Omg break outtt mania! I was getting cyst and so many white heads and i started picking again :( still recovering after 2 months. Pleaseeeee dont use shea butter on your face!

Moisturizes AND heals!!!
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

I never write reviews... This stuff works better than all the millions of other moisturizers I've tried, so here I am. EVERY moisturizer makes my acne worse. Lotions, argan oil, jojoba oil, natural stuff, drugstore stuff, expensive stuff... Plus at 36, I have some wrinkles (ex smoker) and my skin is so unbalanced between dryness and oiliness. I've been using organic, unrefined, pure shea butter for a week, and the results are amazing. The 3 cystics I had are healing faster than ever, and I'm getting like 1/10th of new pimpkes compared to usual. My tones more even and I swear my wrinkles already look a tad better. When I use it on my body, I'm silky smooth. So not only does it not break me out, it doesn't make my skin greasy and it's actually helping my acne. I know there are mixed reviews bit that's like everything out there. I'm glad I tried it for sure.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I use unrefined shea butter imported from Africa. That is the only shea butter anyone should use, and it is 100% non comedogenic. If you put it on lightly it won't leave a greasy look, and when you want a deeper moisturization you can just put some more on. It's soothing and cheap and the only moisturizer besides Dan's that I love.

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

I am looking to make a switch to organic products and purchased Maiga Facial Cleanser and Maiga Handmade Shea Butter (with aloe vera) upon recommendation of the salesman. The cleanser has been giving my face a burning sensation and the butter has a bubblegum smell that u only realise when you start using it. I am not pleased at all :(

Reviewed on November 2, 2012

I used 100% unrefined organic virgin shea butter. The kind that smells of forest.

I love how it smells and feels and that it's a 100% natural, but I won't be letting it near my face again. I started to get black heads and under the skin bumps when my problem was only whiteheads before. I'm still dealing with the after math now.

Reviewed on June 11, 2012

Shea World has raw USDA certified organic Shea butter in a variety blends with organic essential oils. Check out [link removed] use a Shea butter that has not been refined with chemicals.

Reviewed on February 27, 2012

I purchased Maiga Facial Cleanser and Maiga Handmade Shea Butter (with aloe vera) to help with my acne. Used them both at night for 5 weeks and I continued to develop new large breakouts.

I called the company and they were not pleasant to speak with. After some hassle, I was able to get my money back, and apparently the sales rep sold me the wrong type of shea butter.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

This is a wreck waiting to happen for my oily, extremely break-out prone skin. Unless you're on tane, have dry skin, or are just using this for your body or hair, I'd steer clear of this.

Reviewed on November 30, 2011

I purchased an 8 oz. tub at a local beauty suppy store for less than $5! You have to make sure it's 100% pure unrefined shea butter, especially if you want to use it on your face or on sensitive skin. Also, if you have a nut allergy it may irritate your skin as well. I have been using this product along with REAL african black soap, and let me tell you,I LOVE THIS STUFF! After only 3 days, my dark spots and acne have almost disappeared! The dark circles around my eyes have faded as well. I am eight months pregnant with my 4th child, so you can imagine the stretch marks I've accumulated...however, the shea butter is smoothing and fading them! Cocoa butter didnt do a thing! I use it as a night cream and an all over moisturizer and my skin is so soft and glowing. My boyfriend can't (and won't) keep his hands off of me! :-) It's great for massages (wink) lol