Sea Salt reviews

4.4/5 - 82 reviews

Sea Salt

Take a swim at the beach!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

I didn't grow up near a beach but while studying abroad, I lived close to one and I was at the beach all day, every day. It worked MIRACLES on my skin!! I mean, I was getting compliments left and right and was always being asked what I did. That had never ever happened to me before so the sea salt had to be the cause. It dries up acne within that same day of going to the beach!!!! Also, if you picked and got a scab, tap some sea salt mixed with a bit of water on it and it'll heal in no time! I will definitely be living near a beach after graduation so that I can have clear skin 5ever. Whats even better is that it costs nothing! Stop getting those $100 peels and just go for a swim!

Ocean trip
Reviewed on September 7, 2016

I've been struggling with acne for about 10 years now (I'm 24 years old). I have very oily skin and a lot of redness in my cheeks. I've tried every kind of wash and toner I can think of and have spent hundreds of dollars in the past year alone on washes, toners, moisturizers, and face masks. Recently I went to visit a friend at the beach and after 12 hours of driving my skin was oily and shiny. We went to the beach (without showering) and when we got back to the car about 2 hours later, my redness was completely gone. I bought a jar and took some salt water home to use and I haven't had a white head in 3 days! My face is less red and it has even pushed my blackheads to the surface so that they sort of just come out with a little rubbing. This is the best thing to ever happen to me and I definitely recommend giving it a try.

I put my water in a spray bottle and just soak a cotton ball to apply. I leave it on all night since my skin is so oily, and I don't have any drying issues. I can't believe good skin was so easy to obtain!

So glad I decided to try this
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I don't apply the water/sea salt solution all over my face but in areas that I get the occasional cyst or whitehead and they'll be gone within 1-3 days :) I'm glad I opted for this and ditched the harsh cleaners to just treat certain areas (my cheeks mainly). I've been using gentle cleansers and this to kill any acne bacteria and my face has been improving nicely ^^ Still got a slight hyper-pigmentation problem but most of those marks have faded

unbelievable results for such a simple thing
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

After a decade of fighting acne, the Acne.org regimen worked for me over the past 3 years or so. However, earlier this year the BP quit working as well for some reason-- tho my face gets much worse if i stop using it completely.

I randomly decided to try the saltwater routine, and I kid you not it started working day one. Cysts formed heads, small bumps dried out, no reddened face or other complaints. I've been using it every time I wash my face for a week and I'm totally clear again.

Recipe: boil water, add sea salt until it stops dissolving, let cool, place in spray bottle in fridge

My routine: wash face am and pm, apply salt water by spraying a paper towel and dabbing face, let dry and apply acne.org bp/moisturizer.

Excellent!!
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I use this as a toner after using my dove bar every two days. It's definitely helped my spots and leaves my skin feeling clean. However this is drying so I can only use it every second day. I fill a glass full with very hot water and pour some sea salt from marks and spencer ( a supermarket ) and wait until i have finished cleansing.Then I simply pour some cold water in the glass and pour it over my face. I rub it in and wash off with cold water. Wouldn't reccomend for very dry skin unless you have a good moisturiser but anyone else should try it

Its helping!
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

I am almost 16, have naturally oily skin and had problems with acne since the 7th grade.

Days ago I started to use this home rhemedy of sea salt and water, putting it in a spray bottle and spraying my face, leaving it on overnight.

It seems to be helping already, aside from the Clean & Clean blackhead eraser scrub... I was wondering though if I should continue on using the facewash or should stick to sea salt water.. It wasn't cheap though and I'm expected to use it.. But I was just wondering.. Any suggestions?

by Clear.skin.plz on 08/01/2016 13:29
Maybe you could try the sea salt for a week or two, and then switch to the facewash for a while. I did almost the same thing as you. I bought a facewash and then I stopped using it and switched to home remedies. I am about the same age as you and my mom told me the same thing
Great!
Reviewed on June 13, 2016

So I knew I would never post a review on here due to the methods never working for me, but for once I can post a review because this has truly worked for me. Now it didn't clear me completely but it cleared the little bumps on my forehead and stopped major breakouts. I don't know if I was suppose to experience a slight purge or not, but I did initially. I am continuing to use this daily in hopes of it completely clearing me up! I also added a few drops of tea tree oil in my mix.

by 3 year Rigimen user on 08/11/2016 04:16
I had the same experience with the "purge", but i realized these were just clogged pores rushing through the breakout cycle.
Ocean Water
Reviewed on June 5, 2016

I went on a trip and swam in the ocean for a week straight and my skin was in the best condition it's ever been. I started my week with extremely dry skin with acne and ended the week in beautiful glowing skin! I went home and quickly created my own concoction. In a glass spray bottle I mixed in sea salt water (boiled together prior to adding it in bottle) and then some drops of purification essential oil and thieves. It smells delightful and goes on very evenly AND it refreshes my super dry skin. All in all, it's a win win.

My #1 Acne Secret!! It works
Reviewed on May 30, 2016

I have tried every regimen for acne and when I say everything I mean everything. My family always laughs at me because I would always be making some new concoction to put on my face. I have acne since 7th grade: blackheads, whiteheads, and cystic acne. The acne.org treatment worked for me but I didn't want to buy a new tube of BP every month. I wanted freedom. The idea of sea salt as a cleanser was appealing to me. I have combination skin. Sea salt kills germs but is natural, cheap, and has other skin benefits. I mixed equal parts of boiling water and sea salt in an empty water bottle and shook it for 5 minutes. Before you use it, make sure it cools. Then when i want to use it, I take a cotton bottle and tip the bottle upside down. Then I wipe all over my face focusing on breakouts. It might sting which will hurt but you just have to deal with it. Then I leave it on. No rinsing. I do this every night and some mornings. The first time I used it my acne stayed the same. But after two weeks my acne is 90% clearer. It's amazing. I recommend you try. Give it at least 2 weeks. And don't expect magic skin overnight. It takes time. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep, drinking water, eating healthy, and working out! These thing will speed the healing process up much quicker! Good Luck :)

by lamariagill on 07/27/2016 04:44
did you keep this solution on your face the entire day?
CLEAR SKIN IN A WEEK!!!
Reviewed on April 7, 2016

I have literally tried everything there is out there for acne but with little results . I never write reviews but I had to for sea salt. I started doing research about acne and decided that chemicals and cleansers were not the way to go. I realized that ancestors never had acne because civilization was always near the ocean and people were exposed to sea salt more than today . I had acne all over my cheeks forhead and ching and after using seas salt in the morning and at night I am a 100 % clear. Even my scars are gone. Wow .

by Nishkaxx on 05/07/2016 00:31
The sea salt method cleared your skin completely? Even scaring? How did you use the sea salt? Thanks for your review, it helped a lot xx