Sea Salt reviews

4.4/5 - 57 reviews

Salt

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

About the time of my period, I got five pimples (two big ones) after being almost acne free for two months. I was desperate to get rid of these pimples. I tried all kinds of home remedies and used my brother's x out with no success. Finally, I tried sea salt and it worked wonders! After a day of leaving it on for about five hours, my three small pimples were gone, one cyst had completely dried, and the last pimple had decreased drastically. Along with that, I drank nearly a gallon and a half of water per day, which helped quite some. Now everyday, I spray my whole face with a salt water mixture and put salt directly onto any blemishes. For any acne sufferers out there, I highly recommend this!

Fantastic!!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

I've tried LOTS of natural home remedies for acne. Nothing has worked...until now. Sea salt has cleared my face almost completely in about 3 weeks. I had a really bad breakout and this just knocked it out! My face has never looked this clear. I add 100% pure tea tree oil to my sea salt and water mixture, and it has worked wonders! It's totally worth a try.

by Deja Love on 10/09/2014 19:58
So you just mix the tea tree oil, salt and warm water and wash your face with it or are you making a paste?
Sea Salt Does Wonders!
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews about sea salt for acne, I decided to give it a try! I am SO glad that I did! This mask did wonders for my skin just after one use! I was so shocked. I used extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and mixed them together as a face mask. You could also use this as a scrub/exfoliant, spot treatment, or even a toner and opt the olive oil for water. I kept the mask on for about 30 minutes or so. After I washed it off I noticed how incredibly soft my skin was, I couldn't stop touching it! And my acne and overall skin was 10 times less red! I also noticed that some of my pimples decreased in size, some were even gone! I couldn't believe it! This is definitely one of my new favorite masks. Try it out, you won't regret it!!!

Great spot treatment!
Reviewed on May 9, 2014

I use sea salt mixed into a paste (sea salt+water) as a spot treatment because it is quick, cheap, and works very well. When used on spots that have been properly extracted it dries them up quickly which then I switch to applying jojoba oil or a small dab of neosporin to aid in healing and minimize redness/scarring. If there is something I've messed with (yes I know it's a no-no!) and I did not get to the root of the acne the sea salt paste draws anything left, out. Salt can sting briefly and be very drying so I do not apply to large areas or open cuts. Please, please, please, put the toothpaste down, and try sea salt! :)

Sea salt for the skin
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

I swear by Sea salt for the skin. I used to get cystic acne but only been using Detox Skin Intervention on my skin for the past three years and I have seen a remarkable change. The lotion can sting a bit at first but makes me feel like it's doing the job. I love dead sea salt toner too.

Sea Salt has cured my ACNE
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

I am a PA and have literally tried every thing prescription and non-prescription for my adult acne (never had it as a teen). Accutane was very helpful but the side effects were awful! It is embarrassing to be a medical professional and have acne. So here is what I do. I put 1/4 cup of SEA SALT in a container and add about 1/2 C of hot water. I soak this up in a wash cloth and dab it on my face before bed and let it dry, I do this again in the morning after I wash my face. After it dries I apply my make up and it keeps my face from getting oily. I have literally had a dime sized, painful, raised angry bump be gone in 1-2 days with this SIMPLE cheap therapy. I ordered a 10 lb bag of sea salt on amazon and also have been using this in my baths for muscle pain. I thought I might try it on my face since ocean water ALWAYS cleared my problems skin and BINGO, it works. Good luck to those of you that try it! Hope it is as amazing for you as it was for me. I have read other ways of applying and may try soon. I think I would like to mix with an essential oil with distilled water or maybe even witch hazel and apply as an astringent.

Best!
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I have pretty bad acne and I have tried just about every cleanser & cream to try and help with my acne and nothing has made my face as clear as using sea salt! My face got worse at first because the sea salt draws the oil out of your skin so that was expected but after 3 days I went from having acne on my whole face to everyday my face being clearer and clearer. After the 1st week you could barely tell I had acne at all. I've been using this for almost 2 weeks every night and I have just a couple of zits now. I have extremely oily skin so I don't use any moisturizer after. But, if you have dry skin I would suggest a good moisturizer. Every night before bed I mix sea salt with a small amount of hot water so that when I put it on my face it is kind of like a watery salt scrub and rinse off in the morning.

by Funkyjungle on 08/18/2014 19:59
Even though you have oily skin, it is still a good idea to moisturize. Glad sea salt worked for you!!
by Funkyjungle on 08/18/2014 20:38
great as a toner!
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I mix around a table spoon of organic sea salt with about half a cup of filtered water. I use it after i wash my face twice a day. It helps keeps my oily skin matt throughout the day and gives my skin a clean feeling. When i get a cyst, i use a more concentrated amount if sea salt on the affected area, and it quickly clears up. The only problem would be that it can be drying but if you put lotion on after, you're good to go!

Very helpful with cystic acne; works overnight
Reviewed on June 22, 2013

I'm a 30-year-old female who is very prone to cystic acne. My acne was controlled for about 2 years with Aldactone, but I had to switch meds due to side effects and because 2 years is a long time. Anyway, been on different types of antibiotics ever since. None of them have helped much and now My cystic acne returned in full force. I use Aczone everyday to help prevent the, or shrink them, but it doesn't do much, so in my desperation, I read that a good homemade exfoliant is to mix 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin oil with 1 full tablespoon of sea salt. Do this once a week to clean and hydrate skin. Well, the first time i did it, the size of my pimple shrunk big time the next day. It takes time to completely disappear cysts, but what Aczone hasn't done for me, this homemade exfoliant did. It also dries existing pimples and in combination with the extra virgin oil, it makes your skin look hydrated and if you have oily skin like mine, it does help control de oil. It feels weird when you rinse it off because you feel that the oil is hard to take off, but don't try to take it all off. Just rinse like you normally would and then let it dry or pat dry with a clean towel, then use toner, you don't need to moisturize, but I do use a turmeric moisturizer from Passport to Organic to help inflammation and then I apply Epiduo gel. In all honesty, I find that sea salt helps way more than Epiduo gel and Aczone together. I might start exfoliating 2 times a week, just to help the cysts shrink faster. I don't want to overdo it either. You learn to read your face to see how much you can tolerate. Also, when you exfoliate, don't rub your face hard; you don't want to irritate your skin either. Be gentle. I take my make up off prior to exfoliating.

Reviewed on April 1, 2013

My 14 year old began using Sea Salt along with her Proactive regimen. Not that the Proactive didn't work, because it did, just not perfect enough for her. We are about a week & a half into adding Sea Salt & her face is as clear as ever.