Sea Salt reviews

4.4/5 - 60 reviews

Salt

Sea Salt

washing face with only salt water
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

I had bad acne, clogged pores and discoloration on my face. My blackheads were the worst. I've tried almost every product including prescriptions like Retin A and Ziana, but none worked. I didn't like using harsh chemicals on my skin , so I tried natural soaps like castille soap, but it clogged my pores. I finally decided to use only warm water, sea salt, and a gentle buf puf sponge to wash my face, and was amazed at the results. My skin hasn't been this clear in a long time. I avoid using oils on my face. Instead, I make my own hyaluronic acid serum and use it as a moisturizer. It really works and reduces scars. I buy it online.

One of nature's miracles
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

The ocean works magic on my skin when I visit about once a year. Now I massage my face with sea salt in the shower, and I feel like I am at the ocean every day. Sea salt improves my skin and my mood every time I use it. I love it :)

Nope
Reviewed on January 6, 2015

Irritated my skin with all of the methods I used from these reviews. My blemishes were red and horrible, just from this week or two experiment i did a couple weeks ago, I still have scars on my forehead from this. Be careful. dont irritate your skin.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

About the time of my period, I got five pimples (two big ones) after being almost acne free for two months. I was desperate to get rid of these pimples. I tried all kinds of home remedies and used my brother's x out with no success. Finally, I tried sea salt and it worked wonders! After a day of leaving it on for about five hours, my three small pimples were gone, one cyst had completely dried, and the last pimple had decreased drastically. Along with that, I drank nearly a gallon and a half of water per day, which helped quite some. Now everyday, I spray my whole face with a salt water mixture and put salt directly onto any blemishes. For any acne sufferers out there, I highly recommend this!

Fantastic!!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

I've tried LOTS of natural home remedies for acne. Nothing has worked...until now. Sea salt has cleared my face almost completely in about 3 weeks. I had a really bad breakout and this just knocked it out! My face has never looked this clear. I add 100% pure tea tree oil to my sea salt and water mixture, and it has worked wonders! It's totally worth a try.

by Deja Love on 10/09/2014 19:58
So you just mix the tea tree oil, salt and warm water and wash your face with it or are you making a paste?
Sea Salt Does Wonders!
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews about sea salt for acne, I decided to give it a try! I am SO glad that I did! This mask did wonders for my skin just after one use! I was so shocked. I used extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and mixed them together as a face mask. You could also use this as a scrub/exfoliant, spot treatment, or even a toner and opt the olive oil for water. I kept the mask on for about 30 minutes or so. After I washed it off I noticed how incredibly soft my skin was, I couldn't stop touching it! And my acne and overall skin was 10 times less red! I also noticed that some of my pimples decreased in size, some were even gone! I couldn't believe it! This is definitely one of my new favorite masks. Try it out, you won't regret it!!!

Great spot treatment!
Reviewed on May 9, 2014

I use sea salt mixed into a paste (sea salt+water) as a spot treatment because it is quick, cheap, and works very well. When used on spots that have been properly extracted it dries them up quickly which then I switch to applying jojoba oil or a small dab of neosporin to aid in healing and minimize redness/scarring. If there is something I've messed with (yes I know it's a no-no!) and I did not get to the root of the acne the sea salt paste draws anything left, out. Salt can sting briefly and be very drying so I do not apply to large areas or open cuts. Please, please, please, put the toothpaste down, and try sea salt! :)

Sea salt for the skin
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

I swear by Sea salt for the skin. I used to get cystic acne but only been using Detox Skin Intervention on my skin for the past three years and I have seen a remarkable change. The lotion can sting a bit at first but makes me feel like it's doing the job. I love dead sea salt toner too.

Sea Salt has cured my ACNE
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

I am a PA and have literally tried every thing prescription and non-prescription for my adult acne (never had it as a teen). Accutane was very helpful but the side effects were awful! It is embarrassing to be a medical professional and have acne. So here is what I do. I put 1/4 cup of SEA SALT in a container and add about 1/2 C of hot water. I soak this up in a wash cloth and dab it on my face before bed and let it dry, I do this again in the morning after I wash my face. After it dries I apply my make up and it keeps my face from getting oily. I have literally had a dime sized, painful, raised angry bump be gone in 1-2 days with this SIMPLE cheap therapy. I ordered a 10 lb bag of sea salt on amazon and also have been using this in my baths for muscle pain. I thought I might try it on my face since ocean water ALWAYS cleared my problems skin and BINGO, it works. Good luck to those of you that try it! Hope it is as amazing for you as it was for me. I have read other ways of applying and may try soon. I think I would like to mix with an essential oil with distilled water or maybe even witch hazel and apply as an astringent.

Best!
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I have pretty bad acne and I have tried just about every cleanser & cream to try and help with my acne and nothing has made my face as clear as using sea salt! My face got worse at first because the sea salt draws the oil out of your skin so that was expected but after 3 days I went from having acne on my whole face to everyday my face being clearer and clearer. After the 1st week you could barely tell I had acne at all. I've been using this for almost 2 weeks every night and I have just a couple of zits now. I have extremely oily skin so I don't use any moisturizer after. But, if you have dry skin I would suggest a good moisturizer. Every night before bed I mix sea salt with a small amount of hot water so that when I put it on my face it is kind of like a watery salt scrub and rinse off in the morning.

by Funkyjungle on 08/18/2014 19:59
Even though you have oily skin, it is still a good idea to moisturize. Glad sea salt worked for you!!
by Funkyjungle on 08/18/2014 20:38
by KnowThySkin on 04/07/2015 01:36
Very oily skin equals dehydrated skin, especially without a light moisturizer to help keep it balanced. When the skin is stripped of natural oils, a lot of oily skin marketed products cause stripped skin, the skin does produce more oil to make up for its loss. Moisturize all skin types, there are balancing ones out there..Korres pomegranate line, Estee Lauder Daywear LOTION, gel to cream based are lightweight for oily skin, not heavy and thick.