Sea Salt reviews

4.3/5 - 67 reviews

Sea Salt

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Sea Salt

Works utterly amazing with honey!!!!
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

Okay so I've never posted a review for anything in my life but I simply had to for this.

I've suffered from acne for multiple years and absolutely never found something that I can honestly say works. I've spent hundreds of pounds on all sorts of skin products over the years to combat my acne (I get it mostly around mouth area and cheeks) but nothing has ever wowed me as much as sea salt.

when I was on holiday my acne was at its worst because it was so hot and I was sweating, every day fresh sore acne would appear and I was, by this point, giving up because there was nothing I hadn't tried! I was going in the sea everyday and one day my mum commented on how beautifully my skin was clearing, and it was the sea salt!

Now I frequently use a honey and sea salt face mask and it's doing absolute wonders, I've noticed hugeee results within a week! Honestly an absolute saviour I could cry with happiness.

by cd4653 on 09/13/2015 15:29
What is the recipe?
worked well on my black heads
Reviewed on August 30, 2015

I had a moderate acne on my back and my face , I was already using benzoyl peroxide which worked great on the pimples but it wouldn't do much for the black heads tgat eventually would turn into pimples .so I've read on the Internet about this simple face mask made of sea salt (I've been using table salt without noticing any difference ) and lemon ,scrub in your face and let it dry for a couple of minutes ,it worked great for me and I can clearly see a difference after a couple of times using it.definetly recommend

Amazing but not for all
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

This treatment is amazing but should be treated with caution with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and my spots inflamed* however they were smaller ! I recommend this as a once a week treatment, if not at all for those with sensitive skin. Don't scrub it in and splash the water, with Cornish sea salt in it* on your face and air dry. Depending if your spots are cysts then leave on over night. If you only have irritating bumps then a few minutes. I have tried this once and doing so again now, I hope it works. By the way 3 star is my rating because it can either horribly damage your skin or work amazingly !!!!

* most treatments will inflame your skin if you have sensitive skin, test everyone for a night then go back to a cleanse tone moisturise routine if it has bad effects, if it has good ones then use every other day. Exfoliating with sensitive skin is a bad idea what so ever so don't use this as an exfoliant !!!!!

* I say Cornish sea salt as it is gentler on the skin and dissolves more easily, when I swim in the Cornish sea my skin looks great when I get back home

(Be warned this remedy may sting a lot- especially if your sensitive so don't necessarily take it as a bad sign)

Reviewed on August 14, 2015

Okay I personally have a very long acne story which I may post on here soon. But I really just came on here to say that sea salt really helped my acne literally overnight. Before I tried the sea salt mixture I had cystic acne along the side of my face (both) and a HUGE zit forming near the front of my face (closer to my cheeks and chin.)

I saw someone on YT say this worked for someone's blackheads when they used the mix on their nose piercing which made me want to try cause I had those too.

For the mixture I just boiled water, let it cool until it was warm then poured it into a glass pump bottle. Next I added sea salt (I eyeballed so I really don't have an exact measurement but I tasted the final result instead. So if it wasn't salty enough, I added more but I never let it get too salty.)

The first few days of using it my acne was really bad so I would pump the mixture into a cotton ball and swipe along my face and chin about 3 times per day. In the mornings, for the first week I would also mix honey and sea salt together to make a "scrub" but I wouldn't scrub my face, DON'T SCRUB YOUR FACE! I would apply the scrub as gentle as possible until it was all on my face and added extra salt to my acne bumps. I would leave this mix on anywhere from 20 - 45 min. I would just rinse off and then continue swiping my face with the salt mixture throughout the day.

I've been doing this for a week and my acne is almost non-existant!! I literally just have one tiny bump on my forehead. I've been sort of lax with the honey scrub mask bc I find I don't need to do it everyday since my pores stay clean with the salt water mix.

Also, there were other things that I did throughout this process of dealing with my acne --like I said before I have a LONG story which I may make talk about here soon. But try this and see if it works for you!

Go for a swim!
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

It has improved my back! ( a bit )

Swimming on the ocean, or just taking a shower with unrefined sea salt, makes you feel relaxed

True miricale
Reviewed on July 13, 2015

So I've heard a lot of people say that if you have dry skin it isn't a good idea to use sea salt water . However if you make a paste with salt and a spoon full of water and just apply it on the pimples / affected areas then it won't harm the rest of the skin . I had a blind pimple coming up under my nose an had ran out of tea tree oil so I applied a salt water paste onto it and it went , it's a miricale worker to be honest !

Reviewed on April 28, 2015

It's works amazing when you use it as a spray! You can use it whenever u want and even with you topical gels( that's how I use it) trust me try it it actually works just don't use to much and make sure to only spray it on ur face or it may cause dryness on your neck and moisturize ur face in the mornings before/after u use it

by Sweets123 on 05/18/2015 07:39
What sea salt did u use and where did u get it from
washing face with only salt water
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

I had bad acne, clogged pores and discoloration on my face. My blackheads were the worst. I've tried almost every product including prescriptions like Retin A and Ziana, but none worked. I didn't like using harsh chemicals on my skin , so I tried natural soaps like castille soap, but it clogged my pores. I finally decided to use only warm water, sea salt, and a gentle buf puf sponge to wash my face, and was amazed at the results. My skin hasn't been this clear in a long time. I avoid using oils on my face. Instead, I make my own hyaluronic acid serum and use it as a moisturizer. It really works and reduces scars. I buy it online.

by livipoww on 05/03/2015 00:46
So happy for you that this helped you so much! Thinking about it myself. Do you use kosher or iodized salt? xoxo
One of nature's miracles
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

The ocean works magic on my skin when I visit about once a year. Now I massage my face with sea salt in the shower, and I feel like I am at the ocean every day. Sea salt improves my skin and my mood every time I use it. I love it :)

Reviewed on January 6, 2015

Irritated my skin with all of the methods I used from these reviews. My blemishes were red and horrible, just from this week or two experiment i did a couple weeks ago, I still have scars on my forehead from this. Be careful. dont irritate your skin.