Page 3 of Saw Palmetto reviews

3.9/5 - 25 reviews

Reviewed on January 12, 2012

My battle with acne started at 15.Back then the acne was the worst on my forehead,but my cheeks and chin were clear.I tried proactiv and it cleared everything up.Everytime i got off of proactiv my acne would come raging back,so i assumed i would have to depend it it the rest of my life,which irritated me thinking of all the money they make off of me.

Now fastforward to 28 yrs old:about a year ago i started breaking out on my cheeks and jawline(somewhere i NEVER broke out before)and proactiv was doing zilch in getting rid of them.After doing tons of research,i came to the conclusion that if proactiv works for you,great,dont mess with it.But if topical stuff does nothing,you've got an internal problem,either your hormones are out of wack or your liver isnt functioning properly and the toxins are working out through your skin.For me,it was my hormones,hence the jawline acne.Anyway i bought the saw palmetto standardized 160mg for 6 dollars at walmart(spring valley brand) and take one in the morning and night.I also take a multivitamin and zinc,in case anyone is interested.After two weeks,i wasnt getting any more acne but the existing ones ran their course as usaul.Now two weeks later,im TOTALY clear.I just cant believe it!Every morning i look in the mirror and expect to see a huge red cyst but its just CLEAR.Any women out there that suspect their acne is hormonal,try it.It is changing my life!This isnt the cure for everyone maybe,but hope i can help someone whose acne is similar to what mine was!

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

clears acne by blocking DHT..Use it you wont regret it.. In the beginning there will be a purging process so you might breakout more but in the end it can clear you for life and is safe unlike accutane.. USE IT

Reviewed on May 30, 2011

Took a whole bottle of Saw Palmetto within 10 days and monitored the effects. Sad to say, the breakouts still kept coming, really wanted it to work.

Reviewed on March 9, 2011

I am a healthy 24yr old women who had acne for 15 years, with failed attempts of clearing my skin, I happened to find a video from [link removed] about saw p. For hormonal acne. I take saw p three times a day along with Maca (regulate hormones) as well. This is a killer combo if you have PSOD like me. I checked w/ mr dr before taking these herbs, so good idea. Good luck and do your research on these two herbs if you can't get you hormones in balance, def worth a try!!

Reviewed on May 25, 2010

I tried the whole B5 / Panthothetic Acid thing that people reviewed on here and it didn't work for me. I also tried zinc and fish oil pills (made my skin softer but no reduction in acne). I now take Saw Palmetto once in the morning and once at night. It has been FABULOUS. I went from lots of those cystic, red, large zits that take weeks to go away to 1 super tiny zit every so often. Saw Palmetto essentially is like birth control pills in that its an anti-androgen without the estrogen boost. I don't need the estrogen boost (or side effects) so Saw P is the way to go for me!!!!

Oh, and I saw there weren't any reviews for Saw Palmetto but there are blogs on this same website. That's actually were I found this cure. It looks like they are under Acne.org Message Boards > Acne Types > Severe acne - cysts and nodules. First blow is "Pregnenolone and Saw Palmetto, Completely cleared my hormonal acne in 1 week!"

There is also an excellent article on androgens and how they cause acne. It seems like hyperlinks are removed from any postings so just Google "dermadoctor AND hormones" to get the article.