Saline Injections reviews

4.1/5 - 9 reviews
no reviews
no reviews

Reviewed on September 29, 2011

I read a bunch of reviews here about Dr. David Sire and wanted to go to the guy who seems to be the guru. He helped me out big time!

In 3 visits my scar is >50% improved. I believe I can resolve this to >90%.

He first numbs the skin with benzocaine/lidocaine/tetracaine lotion then uses a tiny 30 guage (~1/2") needle and injected my depressed scar with saline. I barely felt anything.

Dr. Sire is awesome. He is not only a dermatologist, he is also a dermapathologist so he examines and knows the the skin inside out on the down to the cellular level. He says the saline injections stimulate collagen production. He has done original research on this. He is also clergy and was humming while he injected my scar. I feel blessed.

I found saline injection to be the LEAST EXPENSIVE, SAFEST, and MOST EFFECTIVE treatment for my depressed acne scar. I only wish I knew about this 20 years ago.

I recently found out my local dermatologist (Mike Nelms who is also awesome) in San Diego also does saline injections so I will follow up with him because it is closer. Although it was worth the trip to Orange County to see Dr. Sire.

THANK YOU DR. SIRE AND HEALTHCARE TEAM!!

Reviewed on December 15, 2010

If you have suffered from indentations as a result of cortisone injections, saline can help. I have noticed an improvement of about 75% over the course of three months. It seems to work best on indents that have more recently occurred, as opposed to those which are several years old.

I purchased medical bacteriostatic saline .09 and used Easytouch Insulin Syringes 30 G, 5/16 to administer.

Reviewed on September 3, 2010

Do research on the acne.org boards on saline injections, that's how I learned to do it.

I believe it works by inducing collagen to be built.

Proceed with caution though, if you are some one that tends to be compulsive and go overboard you might end up damaging healthy tissue. Also if you are picker, then this might trigger it because it requires that you get really close to the mirror or use a magnifying mirror.

I didn't use any numbing cream, because I wanted to be able to tell if I was sticking in healhty tissue vs.scar tissue. Scar tissue does not have as many nerve endings so the pain is not as bad as when you prick normal tissue. Scar tissue is what you want to stick the needle in.

It definitely helped to fill in some scars that I have. It worked on some new and even old ones (over 5 year old) scars.

Now there have been some scars that for some reason showed no changes, or showed some improvement initially but never progressed beyond that.

Reviewed on March 29, 2010

one of the most effective treatment out there for now. probably will give you even better results if you add in laser treatments after a series of saline injections. You will need 6 treatments of injections to see optimal results.

Reviewed on December 20, 2009

I've been doing a combination of microdermabrasion, needling, and copper-peptide treatments for my scarring, which was slowly but surely helping. I tried the saline injections on myself and it really seemed to work at first, but after three or four treatments, it almost looked like the area in the scar wasn't filling up and almost looked like it stretched out the skin. So now my scars looked worse than before I started this treatment.

Reviewed on December 19, 2009

It is very easy for me to do. No pain involved <for me at least> I usually do the injections the night before a party or big event and by the next day my skin looks flawless!

Reviewed on September 21, 2009

Saline worked much better than I expected or could have hoped for. The pitted scars are about 85% better. I just finished treatment (it took me 9 treatments) and I would recommend this for anyone with shallow acne scarring. You can barely see any depressions, even under intense light.

Reviewed on April 10, 2009

Incredible treatment. Only Dr. Sire in Fullerton does the procedure. Am able to look in the mirror without obsessing or cringing!!! A life saver- truly. Saw results after 3rd treatment. Since I only have one scar he charged me only for the small area he treated. Otherwise full face treatment is 150.00 or so. Awesome facility.. awesome people.

Reviewed on April 23, 2008

Give it at least 6 treatments. It really works well with more shallow scars. I'm so happy with my result. I only wish that I tried this route sooner, instead of wasting time and money on other stuff. Dr. Sire is a honest doctor, he doesn't push anything that won't work on you.