Salicylic Acid Peel reviews

Salicylic Acid

It changed my troubled, oily, adult acne skin DRAMATICALLY
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

This review is for Perfect Image Salicylic Acid Gel Peel 20%.

I've always struggled with acne. Even after becoming an adult, I would always have at least one pimple, sometimes huge cysts. Things improved after I started taking the pill but I would still have some acne, huge pores, rough skin and incredibly oily skin. I mean, 30 seconds after applying matte power for oily skin, my face was already sticky. To make matters worse, my skin is very sensitive so any pimple would be noticeable for months, years even. I tried everything, including Accutane (2 rounds), which did help. The worse thing was the oily skin mixed with the dry patches due to all the crap I used to control those pimples.

Two years after my last dose of Accutane, I would still get the occassional pimple. I accepted that my sugar-free, milk-free, organic chocolate bar would ALWAYS give me pimples. Anyways, I was hopeful but I didn't expect any major change. Was I wrong!

This thing hurts like a son of a bitch. I couldn't keep it on my face for more than one minute and thought I couldn't use it. Eventually, I managed to leave it on for 2-3 minutes every 2-3 weeks. But that turned out to be too often and now I use it every 4-6 weeks. I literally haven't had a pimple in forever. My always-covered-in-bumps forehead looks normal, and the pores, although still big, look cleaner and smaller. The sebaceous filaments on my nose, cheecks, chin, etc. are invisible. My horribly oily skin doesn't look like a wet fish anymore. My skin looks smooth for the first time ever. I can even meet with friends wearing nothing but tinted sunscreen (SFP 100 and UVA/UVB protection) and a little powder (my skin is still oily). I honestly dunno if this will work forever but I hope it does because it really changed my life.

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

I have had problems with acne breakouts since my teens. It was never super bad but even one zit is horrifying and they always seem to pop up at the worst times. I heard “You’ll outgrow it.” so many times. I am in my late 20’s so just how old do I have to be to outgrow it? My girlfriend told me she has been using Perfect Image Salicylic 20% Gel Peel and swore that it does work. I decided to try it and I am amazed at the results after just a month. I have tried other peels that helped a little but I truly believe that the botanical extracts with the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacteria properties are the ingredients in this Perfect Image peel that other peals do not always provide. I am convinced that the combination of salicylic and botanical extracts is exactly what works for me. I will be recommending Perfect Image peel products to all my friends.