Running reviews

Running + hygiene = good results
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I find it does make it better, but it doesn't cure it all together. I think the reason it makes it better is not just the increased blood flow as mentioned here but also the impact on insulin levels which is thought to be contributing to acne.

In general I find I'm more positive about everything when I run regularly, more energized and my skin appears to be more elastic. Obviously in order to prevent break outs you'd take good care of the hygiene, wash your face and shower asap - and also before workout - that's really important because otherwise if you are wearing your makeup or heavy creams or generally if you last washed your face in the morning and you're running in the evening, with all the sebum and dust/dirt from the environment it will clog more easily as you sweat while working out.

It's also important to enjoy what you're doing, even if not 5 out of 5 times. I know many try once or twice and quit because they see it as a struggle. It's not too motivating then. Those weirdos runners - the sub-species. They're not - some find freedom in running, some like challenging themselves, others love the ever-changing views as they run.

If you tried and did not quite like it - don't just quit thinking it's not for you. Try and make it a pleasant experience. And physically it also gets much easier as you follow through.

Good luck!

Anonymous, Holland
Reviewed on August 25, 2012

Since I started with running I noticed it worked really well on my skin. I don't know if it is because the sweat cleans my pores or something else but it really helped me!

It's so easy to try and almost free since the only thing I had to buy were my running shoes, so I would definitely recommend it!

Shiann, Miami
Reviewed on March 13, 2012

Not a good cure for acne. Obviously good for you, but it doesn't do anything for acne. Actually, I notice that when I work out, even washing my face after, I break out more because more oil is produced, causing more blackheads.

nav, auckland
Reviewed on March 12, 2012

running is recommended by physicians for overall improvement and well being. However, it has a relation with acne because of the increased blood flow to your face , more blood means fast cell repair and less scarring. worked for me:)

Anonymous
Reviewed on January 17, 2012

I'd give it 6 weeks to see any improvements w/ running. initially, your acne might increase, due to extra bacteria in sweaty clothes. I highly recommend showering as soon as possible after a work out.