Rose Water reviews

4.6/5 - 9 reviews

Rose Water

Proactiv + Thayer's Rosewater Witch Hazel Toner = Heavensent! (Cystic acne + dry combination skin)
Reviewed on February 23, 2017

I’ve had awful acne since the fourth grade, and I mean constant severe cystic acne due to natural hormones and stress. I’ve tried everything, from the drugstore to multiple prescriptions from the doctor, you name it, I’ve used it. Nothing seemed to really get rid of the acne. Then I tried Proactiv. It lessened my acne and redness significantly in just a few weeks. It was sadly the last thing I tried since I was skeptical from all the gimmicky infomercials. Don’t let that deter you.

Anyway, so as well as my skin has been reacting to the 3-Step System, it absolutely sucks the life out of my skin in the winter, so I only use Proactiv before I go to bed. Even the Step 3 Moisturizer has Benzoyl Peroxide in it. My grey pillow has been bleached orange…But it works for me, so whatever. Less acne is great, but flaky skin with a little acne is not a good look… This winter, I found my skin exceptionally flaky and I had some red scarring, so I started looking for help. Regular moisturizers tend to over-moisturize me and break me out, however I do use Neutrogena’s face lotion before I apply makeup in the morning. I came across Thayer’s Rosewater Witch Hazel toner, but it had mixed reactions. Some love it, some think it breaks them out. I thought, “What the heck, might as well” and ordered it from the Thayer’s website. I love everything rose, so if you like a strong rose smell, I suggest this toner. When I received it, I put it in a tiny spray bottle and hoped it would work.

Surprisingly, this stuff is awesome! After one night, my skin felt like it had life again, and with constant use for the past few weeks, I’ve noticed even less acne and redness than before. In the morning after I wake up, I spritz it all over my face, add lotion and then sunscreen and go for makeup. Before bed, I use my Proactiv system: wash, BP toner, moisturizer, and then Thayer’s. As a superbly acne-prone person who’s been dealing with breakouts for years upon years, I don’t think this stuff would break someone out at all unless they were allergic or the toner was removing impurities already underneath the skin. I don’t think I have an issue with the latter since I’m already removing impurities with my Proactiv. Everyone’s skin is different, so just find what works for you. I hope this helps someone!

by Daniela on 03/28/2017 10:01
What type of moisturizer do you use?
not a cure, but a good addition to skin care routine.
Reviewed on December 16, 2016

I have very oily/flaky skin and have persistent blackheads & whiteheads. That said, rose water hasn't done much to truly improve my skin. But it's very refreshing. I use it a lot to soothe my acne when it's inflamed. Also it's nice to use after washing your face. For my skin type, it's a good balance between a toner and a moisturizer. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft without drying or any residue. Good for people with very sensitive or inflamed skin.

Rose Water Is Beautiful!
Reviewed on April 25, 2016

Started using Rose Water just bought from the local shop, and I am already seeing a great difference. I use every evening and morning after washing my face with Dr. Bronner's peppermint 18-in-one soap, then moisturise with clinique dramatically different. My skin hasn't been this clear and smooth in years definitely down to the rose water

best thing ever
Reviewed on March 24, 2016

my routine: Keihl's calendula face wash, then toning my face with witch hazel plus rose water (once a day), applying aubrey's pure aloe vera gel as a moisturizer and drinking lots of water (removed cheese from my diet, eat pulses as a source of protein), once in a week using indian healing clay mask (aztec), once in a month bleaching my face for acne scars. That's it (no suing make up at all). I occasionally use beauty counter foundation coz its free of chemicals and so so light on ur face.

Thanks

ak, new york, ny
Reviewed on October 18, 2012

Rose water is great. I've recently stopped using all acne medications because all seem to have negative effects on me. I use rose water and witch hazel. The combination gets rid of all the dirt and unnessary oils. I then apply Aloe Vera Gel, which calms the redness and cools the acne that hurts. As a moisturizer I use 100% Argan Oil. The oil takes a little getting used to but it's great. All in all, I'd recommend rose water because it is a natural toner and natural is always better in my opinion.

Hugh G. Rection, Santa Cruz
Reviewed on March 11, 2011

When treating acne, its best to be as gentle as possible while getting to the root of the problem. Rosewater is anti-septic and anti-inflammatory. It also helps in acting as a toner as it shrinks pore size.

Add this to your usual toner via spray or a few drops.

For me, I apply my apple cider vinegar toner mixture(30-40% acv + 60-70% spring water) on a cotton ball then spray a few times over it with rosewater. Then I gently apply it over my skin, using a few cotton balls for different areas of my face.

This method is gentle, yet extremely effective as a daytime toner. Not only does it keep white heads away, but it helps with redmarks, scarring, enlarged pores and keeps your face ph balanced as well as controlling oil.

Yet because acv is drying which can exasperate acne, I apply 4-5 drops of jojoba oil on my hands and gentle apply it over my face ten minutes after I apply the toner.

This keeps dry skin, oil and bacteria at bay. The three main causes of acne.

This method has clear all my red marks breakouts and is repairing all the years of harsh chemicals i used in the past.

Mylo Dangler, California
Reviewed on December 24, 2010

Add this to your usual toner via spray or a few drops.

This keeps dry skin, oil and bacteria at bay. The three main causes of acne.

Reviewed on September 13, 2010

It did not help me but the skin does feel toned after I apply it. However after more than 1 month I did not see any difference

Bailey, Seattle, WA
Reviewed on July 19, 2010

I love using Rose Water as a toner, also add Witch Hazel with the Rose Water to work even better!

BUY ROSE WATER AND WITCH HAZEL!

THE PRICE IS FOR ONLY THE ROSE WATER I BOUGHT!