Rooibos Tea reviews

Rooibos Tea

This delicious African Tea is awesome for your skin!
Reviewed on July 15, 2014

No tea in itself will completely cure acne (or any medication for that matter). But this one helps the most when combined with a healthy lifestyle and the Regimen. I'm a tea fanatic and have many varieties (white, green, many different herbal ones, etc...). I wasn't even drinking Rooibos for the purpose of acne and noticed a marked improvement in my skin after drinking a few cups of it a day. Clear and glowing! I had just discovered Rooibos tea and how naturally fruity/sweet and delicious it tasted without having to add a sweetener. After doing some online research, I saw that many other people reported that it helped majorly with their skin. It has many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It tastes way better than green tea and has shown much more of an improvement over green tea, so I'll stick to Rooibos. I get many different variations of loose leaf Rooibos from Teavana so I don't get tired of it (Rooibos Tropica, Rooibos Blueberry Bliss, Doscha Chai Rooibos, etc...). I also brew it myself with the single cup Perfect Teamaker I purchased there. Try it. If it doesn't work for you, the worst thing that can happen is that you drink a yummy cup of tea and get many health benefits :) It works too if you buy the cheaper grocery store boxed tea bags, I just happen to have a personal preference for loose leaf tea because it tastes better. Oh, and it's naturally caffeine free! Highly recommended.

Anonymous
Reviewed on January 17, 2012

I love rooibos tea, and it's supposed to be very good for you, but as an acne remedy, I haven't seen results.

Reviewed on January 7, 2012

Drink this tea... It amazes me how few people know of drink rooibos tea. I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic a few weeks ago, and this has happened before, and each time I get nasty hives ALL OVER. I mean ALL OVER, the tops of my head to the bottom of my feet, and they last for weeks. Well, this time I drank tea, like incessantly. I was making like ten cups a day from the first second I saw those tell tale nasty red dots form. And instead of taking two weeks, I was good by the weekend. The hives literally only lasted about two days. They got really nasty then went away. After this amazingness I noticed something else. My face and chest and back (all of which usually have pimples on them) were all beautifully clean. This lasted for about a week (because I stopped drinking the tea). I never have clear skin all over, and I fully ascribe this to my incredible consumption of this tea. While it might not be feasible to drink that many cups of this tea everyday, there is a tea from the Republic of Tea called Get Gorgeous which is made with rooibos that is specially formulated to clear your skin. It's worth a sip at least :)