Rodan + Fields Unblemish reviews

2.6/5 - 37 reviews

Brand: Rodan + Fields

Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash
Sulfur (3%).

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Distearyl Phthalic Acid Amide, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Diisopropyl Adipate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Polyacrylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ceteareth-20, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Glycol Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sucrose, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Bisabolol, Trideceth-6, Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Acacia Senegal Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1, Red 33.

Clarifying Toner
Ingredients:
Water, Witch Hazel Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Azelaic Acid, Lecithin, Arginine, Soluble Fish Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Rosemary Extract,Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Menthyl Lactate, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Zinc Phenolsulfonate, Sodium Glycolate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-9, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Red 33, Blue 1.

Acne Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Steareth-21, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Niacinamide, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Polyquaternium-24, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Violet 2, Red 33, Blue 1.

Horrible cystic acne with product x2
Reviewed on April 10, 2017

I've tried hundreds of acne products and diet changes. Finally after 15 long years, I had been able to maintain my face with no new breakouts. I started using rodan and fields because several people had recommended it and the reviews all seemed great. About three weeks after starting their products my face broke out in about 30 cystic pimples. I stopped using rodan and fields immediately. I let my face clear up 100% and waited a month before trying it again. Shortly after starting it again, my skin broke out in cystic acne. I should've known since this same company originally developed proactive it would be about the same quality. Save your money, the dermatologist can do the same thing for the same price.

I couldn't live without it
Reviewed on March 9, 2017

Since I was in high school I have suffered from very bad acne, especially because as an athlete I constantly am getting hot and sweaty. I tried numerous medicines and solutions both over the counter and prescriptions and went to several dermatologists - nothing really worked until I ran into Unblemished. At first, I will admit the transition was a bit rough, but it is always difficult when your skin is adjusting to new products. But once I had adjusted, my skin cleared up and except for an occasional pimple now and then, my skin is perfect - smooth, clear and beautiful - When one does appear, I apply Step #3 at night and by morning, there is no trace of it. I love these products and I order extra to be sure I never run out. I couldn't live without them - and I am loving the way my skin looks and feels. Nothing works for everyone - I am glad I finally found what works for me. No scam here.

I would not risk using this product
Reviewed on February 9, 2017

I worked very closely with my consultant and did everything right. My skin just kept getting worse and worse. My cheeks were filled with huge cystic pimples that were very painful. There are some people that seem to like the product, but I see a lot more bad reviews than good. The product is way too expensive. I sent in my product 1 month before the trial ended and I never received my money back guarantee. So with that being said, I basically paid $190 for the worse acne of my life. They aren't consistent with giving you your money back so I wouldn't trust that either.

If you are suffering from acne, I would not risk it with this company. Try something more natural and use a honey and cinnamon mask for 15 min 3 times a week. Moisturize with face lotion after washing your face every night. In the mornings don't wash your face, just splash it with some water and put sunscreen on right after. My Face is doing 50x better with doing this although I'm not sure if the acne scars that I got from using this kit will ever go away.

by JayRay Fanara on 03/23/2017 04:18
Certainly this product is not for everyone. However, I have seen so many do really well with this product and it has changed their life! It can be a little expensive but when you use it the items last for at least two months and you always can push the monthly shipment one or two months out to be sure you are only receiving product WHEN you need it. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and that you had trouble getting back your money. I have actually never heard that before but of course things can happen. I bet if you asked and showed them they would honor the guarantee and would be very surprised if they didn't. Again I am sorry for this unfortunate experience and hope you wil try again. On the other hand I have seen so many have complete success with this product as well as with other lines like Soothe or Reverse for dark age spots or dull skin. Glas to hear that you have found what YOU need and that your skin is now clear :)
NEVER PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on January 8, 2017

I am a 15 year old , female who has suffered with minor acne since the 6th grade. I have tried EVERYTHING possible to try and keep my acne consistent/ fade scars. I have had many visits to the dermatologist. The dermatologist has prescribed me with multiple creams, cleansers, oral medicine, but nothing seemed to get me where I wanted to be with my skin. I came to a point where I wanted a dramatic change in my skin because I felt like it was ruining my all around appearance, and that was when I was introduced to the most terrible

Regimen. Like I said, my face was at the "MINOR" stage with acne when I started "unblemish", and now I'm at a whole

Other stage. The first two weeks I was using "unblemish", my skin cleared up, barely had a blemish on it. The longer I continued it, the worse my skin got. I've NEVER had a cyst on my face until I started this treatment, nor have I had acne in certain places before I started this. I decided to stick with it for a full 2 1/2 months because my consultant kept convincing me it was just "purging". Logically, it made no sense because my face shouldn't purge for a good two months. My face should be clear by now, but now, I'm left to suffer with worse acne than when I began this whole treatment. I DO NOT recommend this regimen to anyone, because I was continually reminded "it was going to get better" by my consultant, but it never did. Don't put yourself through this.

the only thing that works for me!
Reviewed on October 26, 2016

literally the only product that works for meim 37 years old and have had awful acne for most of my adult life i have tried every product i can get in the uk nothing worked. [removed] and i thought well what the heck ive tried everything else. yes its expensive but id try anythingone first wash my face felt new, after a month id cleared completely, my red marks ( im a picker) have all faded to nothing after 3 months and i couldnt be happieri get my friend to ship it to me because you cant ship direct from R&F but i hope that changesive never had any problems with customer service emails were answered quickly and problems dealt with very quicklysome consultants may only be in it for the money but mine certainly isntfor me its worth every penny, wont be for everyone but im so glad i found it

Surprised they are still in business
Reviewed on October 22, 2016

The person below could have been me. Everything she said I was like yes yes and yes! There are so many things that are wrong with the product and even more so with company itself. I am worried about writing this review because I don’t know if I will be able to stop!

Product: Same exact thing as below. instead of improving my acne breakouts, they instantly got worse. And I went from having fairly severe large whitehead breakouts into cystic acne breakouts, which up until that point, I had never even experienced before. It was extremely painful and heart-wrenching. After having spent a lifetime with acne, I thought I had pretty “thick” skin when it came to my vanity but this really pushed me emotionally to places I hadn’t been since I was a teenager. I did call my consultant and ask what the heck. It was at that point when I realized that this woman had no clue about acne and was literally just a sales person pushing very expensive product. After about 30 minutes of me questioning her, some desperation crept into her voice like she just wanted me to stop asking her questions she didn’t know the answer to. I immediately stopped my expensive re-occuring order but decided to finish up what I had. That was a big mistake. I should have just washed my hands of it right then and there but I couldn’t stomach losing all that money. Needless to say, for the remainder of the time that I used it, my skin continued to get worse and worse. I only found relief when I started using my sister’s go-to treatment, Ninja. After one day, nearly all of the damage that was done by UnBlemish was pretty much gone. Now after a month on it, I just can’t believe that I spent all that money on this crazy “system” when there was so much better of an alternative out there.

Company: I kind of touched on it above but basically zero USEFUL customer service. After being in the cycle for a while, you start to realize that it is a company. out for a profit. i know that sounds stupid but it doesn’t feel like there is any real desire to help people who are suffering from acne. it feels like you are a number and have a dollar sign on your head. Plus the re-occuring billing thing is just a sham. Even when I stopped the billing with my consultant over the phone, she “forgot” to enter it into her system and I still got charged for another month and got another set of products. I lost it when this happened especially when they did not take responsibility immediately and at first told me basically that I would have to suck it up. only when I worked my way up their ladder and make enough of a fuss did I get my refund.

Take-away: Keep looking at other options before you succumb to this “program”. It is a money pit plain and simple and will do absolutely nothing to help your skin.

by sadey on 02/04/2017 12:18
I am so sorry that you had an irresponsible consultant. You should have been given all your money back if the products weren't working for you. Did you not have access to your own account to cancel ? Even then you should have been able to send the second kit back for a full refund. I have the best skin of my life and I'm in my fortys. Not all products are for everyone and that's why the company offers an empty bottle 60 day money back policy. I have only had excellent customer service when I've called the company. I loved the products so much that after 3 months I became a consultant. I have a Medical Science background and did research the products first. Again I'm sorry that your experience was so negative.
by EllieTschetter on 02/24/2017 03:48
Hi! I'm currently using the unblemish. I'm really interested in the Ninja product you used instead. Anyway you could email me more about it?? My email is ellietschetter@[link removed]
Should be called Blemish - Get ready for cystic acne and the pain and depression that comes with it
Reviewed on September 8, 2016

Horrible product. I have never signed up to write a review about anything in my 35 years on this earth. But this product is so bad that I hope that I can help save someone else the money and a horrible few months of experiences.

First of all, I am fairly new with acne and have never experienced any bouts of depression. I have gotten a few pimples every month due to hormones for about ten years which I had considered acne until now. But I now know that my vanity was my downfall. Perfection isn't real and this product is about a fake as it gets.

I started in June 2016 with the Soothe regimen. I have a fair complexion and was hoping to lesson the natural red tones of my skin. By the end of June, this product had turned my occasional hormonal pimple into consistent, but not large, pimples on my chin and neck. So turning to my trusty consultant, I asked her opinion and she suggested to try the Unblemish products (as well as the Soothe products) as they had worked wonders for her and her daughter. So mid July, I did just that. Another $335.95 later (I was already $200 in), I was optimistic about getting a healthy and glowing complexion!

Weeks one, two and three, I had basically given myself a chemical peel. My face dried up so bad and was tight and red. The sympathic looks I received from people was a first. After about two weeks of this, I asked my consultant what to do. She suggested that I try using the Soothe #2 after the Unblemish products and if that wasn't sufficient, add the #3 from the Soothe line. I shockingly asked her, "Really, five creams at once"? "Yes for sure" was her response. "Ok well let's try it", which I did for another week before seeing my doctor.

Week four, something is not right here. My consistent pimples on my chin and neck were turning into monstrous, cystic pimples. Never had I gotten a pimple like this before! My consultant tells me to stick it out, it gets worse before it gets better. By the end of this week, I go to my doctor who tells my to replace the benzoyl peroxide (#3) with clindoxyl gel. But, the idiot that I am, I again ask my consultant what I should do. She told me that she had used that gel in the past and had temporary relief but I should just stick with the Unblemish products as she had had amazing results and was certain that I would as well. She also suggested that I use the micro dermabrasion paste 3 times a week to substitute the face wash with (another $42). Lucky for me, she had some in stock so I could buy it from her with cash! So I did just that, didn't fill my prescription, and went away on a two week holiday.

Weeks five and six, I begin to experience what I now know is acne. Every morning, I would wake up with one or two new huge, cystic pimples on top of the pimples that had arrived in previous weeks. None of them were going away now. It was so painful that I had to take an ibuprofen daily to ease the pain. They started to appear in clusters all over my chin, neck and cheeks. My aunt suggested that I started putting polysporin on the spots as they were starting to look infected. I did this which helped to alliviete some of the pain. I had to attend a wedding in this state and face some of my old high school friends who all looked at my with sympathy. Worse vacation ever! The last day of my vacation, I sent a picture of my face to my consultant and asked her to tell me honestly if I was having a normal reaction. She bombarded me with questions from whether I was mixing other products into the regimen, if I was drinking enough water, to if I was taking my birth control pills. Everything except blaming the products that she was peddling! The last time I used the Unblemish products was the morning of August 31st, the day I flew home from vacation.

When I arrived home was when I really realized how bad it had actually gotten. I left my house two weeks earlier with about ten fairly large, but not super painful, pimples. What I faced was a new face staring back at me filled with large clusters of cystic, painful pimples (probably 50). I completely lost it and sank into a dark and low place for about four days. I felt so stupid with giving into vanity and was questioning why I deserved to be in such a bad place when I was such a good person. Not a good place to be as you can imagine.

September 1st, my 35th birthday and day one of quitting Unblemish. So depressed by my new 'chickenpox' looking face, that I spent the day avoiding happy phone calls and texts from everyone who loves me. I spent the next four days crying every time I looked in the mirror and kept telling myself that it would get better. The only product I continued to use was the Soothe gentle face wash. During those four days, I stopped getting cystic, painful pimples but kept getting more 'normal' pimples (2 or 3 in total). Sunday was the last day that I used any R+F products (gave up the soothe face wash) and since then, I have NOT gotten a new pimple. I filled my clindoxyl prescription (been using for three days now), seen my doctor again today, and was prescribed an antibiotic. Things are not better yet as I have only been off the products for six days. But the fact that I have no pain and no new pimples is a pretty big indication that the products were absolute garbage. The pimples are decreasing in size and redness by the day. In total, I spent almost $600 to get a face full of pain and pimples and the depression that accompanies that.

Please save yourself the heartache and money. Don't believe what they are trying to sell to you. You deserve better!

by Soph_istication on 09/08/2016 01:26
I will also add that my friend tried the Reverse line. She also hated the product. Our consultant convinced her to try it for the full 60days as she could definitely still get refunded. Almost two months later, many emails later, she still hasn't gotten her money back as she tried to return the empty bottles after 62days. Total scam.
by eeyorechik on 09/20/2016 20:21
Did you follow the instructions to start the Unblemish regimen? I didn't the first time I tried it and it made my skin so much worse because I didn't give it time to adjust. You're supposed to slowly introduce this regimen into your routine slowly.
by Waldron35 on 01/12/2017 07:09
Not For Me
Reviewed on August 29, 2016

I was recommended this from a family member, but I had much worse acne than her. I spent almost 200 dollars on this product, which included a facewash, toner, a lotion, and an acne treatment thing. It says to use it for atleast 6 weeks to see results, and I did, but to no avail. I told this to my local consultant, but she urged me to continue to pay for the product and get another set. I complied, even though I had my doubts about her intentions. I did another 4 weeks before giving up and stopped my prescription. In the end I wasted money for no results and a dry face for almost three months.

by Waldron35 on 01/12/2017 07:10
by lilkimbo13 on 02/16/2017 17:52
I've always thought it's very convenient that the consultants insist it takes about 90 days to see results. Of course, at that point, you are outside of the return period. Funny how that works. As an aside, these products were horrible for me, too. After studying the ingredients list a little more closely, it's pretty obvious why. I hope you've found something better!
Im glad I stuck it out!
Reviewed on August 3, 2016

I am not a consultant just a happy customer. I have used the Unblemish skin care regimen for about a year now and I am so glad that I stuck with it! A little bit about my acne before I started Rodan and Fields: I usually noticed my acne get bad right when the weather started getting hot the past couple years and of course I would break out during my period. I first thought I would try natural products to try and get rid of the acne by using different types of oils: coconut oil, castor oil, grape seed oil, etc. I was not successful it just made the acne worse. So I decided to try The Unblemish regimen. In the beginning it was a terrible experience, breaking out like crazy, irritated and flaky skin. I also found out I was pregnant about the same time that I started the regimen which didn't help my acne since my hormones were out of whack. It continued like that for almost 4 months! By about the 4 month marker of me using the regimen I was noticing less and less acne. By the 5th month I maybe had 1 zit! One year later I love my skin! I was scared that I was going to start breaking out again because of the hot weather but I haven't which is awesome. I also love their Soothe 30 spf sunscreen, which doesn't ever make me break out!

ZERO stars. DO NOT fall for the scam.
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

This is the WORST product you can EVER buy for acne. I broke out in places I have never broken out before, it gave me huge cystic acne that hurt so much I can't even touch my face in certain places. The "consultant " told me to stick with it that it's my face "purging".. Right .. Nothing has changed, it just gets worst, and I am very disappointed in myself for believing in such a scam. If this product was actually good for you I'm sure it wouldn't be sold in a pyramid scheme( yah yah it's not "technically" a Pyramid scheme but it's close ). Almost all, if not every, positive review is from a consultant. I should've done more research on this before I got pressured into using it. Having acne puts you in a vulnerable and desparate position to try to heal it asap, and this is what the consultants look for.

I have moved on to Apple cider vinegar and extra Virgin olive oil for my acne regimen. Please please please google it, I have seen WAY more results in the 1 week that I've been doing that. It's cheaper and more NATURAL.

by Waldron35 on 01/12/2017 07:13
Sorry you had that experience! Our son has had severe acne for the past 5 years and first we tried everything over the counter and then for the past 3 years though our dermatologist different levels of prescription acne products: sulfur wash included and last but not least antibiotics and finally steroids and result were always positive at first but nothing really worked!!! When a friend reached out to let us know about Unblemmish and the 60 day money back guarantee we asked our dermatologist first and with her approval our son started the regiment and has been using it for 2 years now with great result. However, that being said we were not informed of the aggressive normal preakout that would occur about 5-6 weeks in and our son was distraught, under and wanted to quit , but what could we do ??? The consultant let us know this was normal and part of the product working we decided to stick with the regiment for a total of 90 days and boy I am glad we did😊Our son has great skin now and he is less self conscious now...the instructions clearly state that this is normal and the consultant should have warned you😔 Natural isn't nessesarily better when talking about severe acne, but changing your life style such as diet and exercise is what also added to my sons results...frustrating non the less!!!