Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.2/5 - 89 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz

Revlon Colorstay

Great foundation, unless you have acne!
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I only wear makeup on special occasions (weddings, graduations, etc.) and these events tend to last a very long time (5+ hours). I tend to get oily within an hour or two, so I needed a product to last on my skin, while also having great coverage to conceal my acne and redness in my face. I picked this up and I wore it to an event that lasted around 6 hours, it stayed on great and looked wonderful, but I noticed that my skin had broken out WHILE WEARING THE MAKEUP. Both of my cheeks were covered in cystic acne! Honestly, if you don't have very acne prone skin, this is a good foundation, BUT if you have acne prone skin STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION.

Absolutely devastated - do not use if you have had acne before!
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

Since the age of 14 I have suffered with acne. After trying several different products (that of course didn't work), I was prescribed a contraceptive pill that cleared my skin wonderfully! For years I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and watched a number of YouTube videos explain that the Revlon Colorstay was a dupe for this product at a fraction of the price so I gave it a go. After a week or so of using this my acne come back with revenge! I wish to god I could turn the clocks back and never buy this foundation. I'm 24 and this has really affected my confidence.

If you have had acne if the past, even if your skin is now clear, please do not use this product!!

The only reasons I've given two stars is that the coverage is just as good as the Estee Lauder one, but is it really worth ruining your skin? NO :(

Major Cystic Acne
Reviewed on July 18, 2015

I have very oily skin. I usually break out heavily during my menstrual cycle. The product has great coverage and controls my oily skin, however after using this product for 1.5 weeks every day I began to have serious cystic acne and breaking out in places where I usually don't break out in. I stopped using this product and my skin was back to normal about a week later. I would not recommend.

A big NO for acne prone skin!
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I went through a lot of reviews before buying it but unfortunately it was not for my acne prone skin.I got serious acne N scarring within a week of use!!!

Don't be fooled, it might be for oily skin but definitely not for acne-prone skin
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I bought this as I had heard great reviews about this foundation for oily skin. I have acne-prone skin but after in recent years the acne had stopped and I had mostly scars and blemishes. I still used to get occasional pimple here and there though. I only used liquid foundation while I was going out, never to work or uni. Since I was not applying to this foundation that often, I thought the pimples appearing were due to the nature of my skin. Then I went on vacation for 6 weeks. And I think I used this foundation almost everyday. My skin broke out like crazy, huge cystic acne that hurt like hell. I blamed my makeup remover wipes, I blamed my moisturiser, I even blamed rosehip oil which I was using but I didn't realize what the cause was until after the vacation. I returned and would still use this foundation sometimes but then I started thinking what were the products that I was constantly using while my skin was breaking out. I realized it was colorstay foundation, it is a great foundation but just not for me. My skin would sting a bit while applying this foundation but I thought that was due to the primer. I am using Australis Stayput foundation now and it does not sting or break me out at all. I still get breakouts sometimes and there are lots of scars but I am happy I stopped using the culprit. I am using Lush Fresh Farmacy and Grease Lightning and Sukin Rosehip oil. I do not have cystic acne anymore and normal breakouts during that time of the month. So for me, colorstay damaged my skin. And, guess what, I had one new bottle bought as backup on sale. Guess what's going in the bin?

zero stars!
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I was really looking forward to using this foundation given the great reviews on coverage and how affordable it is being a drugstore makeup. I gave this foundation a couple of chances. Each time I wore it, my acne got even worse. It felt like my acne was getting worse during the day and my acne felt itchy. Once I stopped using it my skin got better. Needless to say, it didn't work for me and my skin made that clear the moment I put it on.

I wish I had read these reviews sooner
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

It started when I received a coupon for any Revlon makeup. I decided to give it a try since it would cost me only $8 which is a good bargain. Well, that was my first mistake. I have acne prone skin and most of my cosmetics are usually expensive and I have less breakout. I though maybe this product must be good since a lot of Youtubers were happy about the full coverage. After 2 days of using this new foundation, I stated to see some redness on one side of my cheek but I continued using which I should have stopped. Next thing, after 5 days my pores were so clogged that I ended up with a big "huge" boil on my left cheek. it was not even like my regular acne. I was devastated, my sister who's a dermatologist was chocked when she saw my face. I almost cried, but thankfully, she advised me to discontinued any makeup and use a gentle soap to clean my face. Next, she prescribed me some medications and I now my face is less worse. She told me it would take at least 4 to 6 months to clear up my skin.

My advise to anyone with acne prone skin, please stay away from this product. Yes, it would give you a good coverage but the price you will pay to repair the damage skin that it caused is not worth it. If you already have a makeup foundation that gives you less breakouts as possible, use it instead and don't try to experiment too many new foundations especially those that have a lot of bad reviews.

I learn my lesson the hard way, I wish I had read the negative reviews about this product sooner.

Used for years
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

Iv used this on and off for years. I prefer revlon over Mac pro longwear. I think a lot of the work is in the application and not the foundation itself.

Great coverage. I don't think it's has broken me out. My only con is compared to etsee Lauder which I just switched to, this sinks into your pores come 6 hours of wear.

never use this if you have acne prone skin
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

i have been using this foundation for 1 2 years and i loved it! i thought it had great coverage and it managed to cover all the redness, blemishes and spots on my face. But it made my skin worse literally when i took the makeup off, my skin felt really bad and it is extremely hard to take this thing of your face!! it is clogging your pores and not letting your skin to breathe which is making you have more acne and blemishes. So girls i know you might feel as if it's covering your acne really well (that's what i thought) but it is actually making your skin worse and causing you to have more breakouts. Don't use it.

by birisi on 03/07/2015 13:42
Do not use
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

For the past several years I have had moderate to severe acne, mainly under the skin nodules, blackheads, and forehead blemishes. For nearly 6 months, my only problem has been scarring and a blemish every once in a while. I started using this foundation for a second time a week ago, forgetting why I stopped in the first place. As I look in the mirror and see a face COVERED in under the skin nodules, zits, and blackheads I remember why I stopped using this face paint. It is cakey, extremely thick, nearly impossible to remove, and gives me so much acne I can not contain it. If you have acne prone skin, this is NOT a foundation to even consider.