Revlon Colorstay reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
updated: 02/26/2017 15:14 UTC
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
updated: 02/26/2017 15:14 UTC
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:33 UTC

Disappointing
Reviewed on January 15, 2017

This is cakey and within 12 hours of usage- this is the first day and first time using, well, all hell broke loose. I have newly birth fcking acne and its CYSTIC!. Wasted my 33 sgd 😒😒😒 i shouldve done research first before buying this product 😒😒😒. I have a terrible acne for over 2 years and i cannot let any foundation ruin my already ruined face. I will go back to my hg which is the mary kay timewise foundation which ive been using for almost three years and i promise i will never take my baby for granted anymoreπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ beware of this if you have acne prone skin. Other than that, this mini monster is sucking out all the moisture on my face, after i wash my face the foundation is still there and its too drying for the skin. I curse this product for the rest of my life. Pls girls beware

Use it right and it'll stay on all day!
Reviewed on January 6, 2017

I've been using this foundation for over 4+yrs now. It's the only foundation I use. I first started off using it with no primer and it would stay more than half a day. Now recently over the past 2 yrs I've noticed that it evaporates within 4 to 5 hours which mean they've probably changed the formula. Also they use to have good yellow undertones for darker tones. Now everything is either too red or to pale/yellow. I still use it but I have to mix it with a lighter concealer Because it doesn't break me out at all even if I accidently fall asleep in it or too lazy to take it off. Which is a plus. It gives GREAT COVERAGE!. BUT, you have to use a primer and a setting spray if you want it to stay on all day!(7+hr). ESPECIALLY if you're using the ACNE,ORG products under it. I use the smash box Primer water and maybelline master fx setting spray!. It's good stuff.

Horrible ingredients, Painful breakouts!
Reviewed on December 9, 2016

For a long time I did not realize this foundation was ruining my skin. I wouldn't use it every day, but when I did I would break out painfully within 24 hours even after thourough cleansing and moisturizing. I did my research after found it was full of 4 products all terrible for your skin. It contains silicone (dimethicone, trimethicone and phenyl) and bad fatty acid (ethylhexl palmitate from Palm oil) which are proven to clog pores, irritate skin and cause breakouts. It also contains unlabeled Salicyclic acid which dries out your skin if you already cleanse you face with other acne fighting products. Not to mention the fast drying formula drys your skin out as well. Between the drying and pore clogging this is just about the worst thing you could put on your face if you're acne prone.

Beware If Sensitive
Reviewed on December 8, 2016

In high school I loved the oily/combo formula. I also didn't understand makeup and that could've been why I had breakouts in the first place.

I decided to try this because I ran out both my favorite foundations. Too Faced Born This Way and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea. Both were out of stock at Sephora in my shades. I picked this up in the Dry/ Combo formula because my skin is dry.

My acne had been under control before I put this on my face. I had no breakouts, my scars were clearing up. Most of this was due to lifestyle changes and finding makeup that might be more expensive but better ingredients. After one day of this I broke out on my neck, jawline, cheeks, and even my forehead (where I don't ever have a problem). However, this was all I had I kept wearing it. Even took it on vacation with me. The pimples were painful under the skin. My skin hadn't looked this bad in a while. When I got home I had my other foundation and just one day of not wearing this, my skin calmed down and started to heal.

I don't know what in this foundation did this, but I'm never putting this near my skin again.

by MagnoliaNoir on 12/09/2016 19:55
Please read my review above and you'll most likely see what did this to you. I did my research and found this formula is full of nasty things...
Horribly breaking out
Reviewed on September 5, 2016

This foundation is probably the worst I've ever tried. I bought the soft beige color with sph 15 for combination/oily skin and I've only been using for a few days. It's made me break out so much it's not even funny. I have never broken out this badly and it all started since using this foundation. I do not recommend this to anyone!

Loved this, but..
Reviewed on August 7, 2016

I used the normal/dry.

This foundation made my skin look good, after being on accutane for 8 months I hadon't scars to cover. I've been using it since my may and I suddenly noticed comedonal acne start to begin which I've never had before using the foundation. I have a physical job and sweating while wearing this is not a good idea! Such a shame it's made me break out because it's the first foundation that I've loved nearly entirely and that's suited my skin post accutane. Sadly, I have spots again. Would reccommend if you have good skin. Not for acne prone.

Horrible.
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I got the one for oily/Combo skin and wow, it was like every last drop of moisture was sucked right out of my face! If you have any dry patches on your skin, it makes them look 100x worse. My whole face looked dehydrated and ghostly. I don't know how this is marketed to people with combo skin. After a few hours it started to feel super heavy, cakey, dry and tight on my skin. It also caused little red bumps to appear on places where I don't normally break out.

good coverage
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

It has good coverage and I like how it doesnt rub off unlike every other foundation ive ever tried. I dont like how it sets too quickly,how it can be drying and how it doesnt have enough yellow tones in it.

Cakey
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

It is very cake especially under eye area. somehow make all my fine lines appear

Made My Skin Breakout
Reviewed on July 10, 2016

I used this product for a few weeks to cover up sun spots and even out my skin tone, however, my skin started to break out more and more with time. Eventually I had three large patches of breakouts on my face, which was alarming as I usually only get one blemish here or there. I'm about a week into going makeup-free and my skin has been clearing up. Be careful if you use this stuff; it may work for some people, but it definitely did more harm than good to my skin.