Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.2/5 - 93 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz

NOOO
Reviewed on February 9, 2016

it was great coveraged foundation but this foundation damaged my skin. i normally have few acne and breakout on that time of month but after tried this colorstay for 1 day i started to have cystic acnes all over my face so i stopped and then my skin was back to normal in 2-3 weeks but i still have to deal with acne scar TT..

not for acne prone skin!!
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

i have very oily skin and this foundation has great coverage and controls my oily skin i like the shades but after using this product for 3 days i started to have serious acne and left acne scar so NO.

GREAT FOUNDATION not for acne skin
Reviewed on January 7, 2016

I did a lot of research and testing on store brand foundations REVLON 24 COLOR STAY for Combination/Oily Skin about (9-10 bucks) is far the best store brand I have found . It has GREAT coverage and its very comparable to MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundations (27-30 bucks) FOR ACNE skin I recommend Neutrogena blemish control foundation or Clinique acne solutions liquid make up

Awful for acne prone skin
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I have suffered from acne for a few years now. Recently, my acne has calmed down. Until the last couple of months, my cystic acne came back and lots of pimples etc. I'm so devastated to only realise now that it was this foundation that has caused all this. Over the last three days, I have been using a different foundation as I have ran out of the Revlon, my skin has cleared all of a sudden. It has just triggered, now I'm reading these comments, I feel so stupid for using it for so long. Now to help reduce my scarring from this awful product! :(

by Tiffany(acnefree)1 on 01/07/2016 17:00
what foundation were you using?? try Clinique foundation for acne works great or Neutrogena blemish treatment foundation
Great foundation, unless you have acne!
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I only wear makeup on special occasions (weddings, graduations, etc.) and these events tend to last a very long time (5+ hours). I tend to get oily within an hour or two, so I needed a product to last on my skin, while also having great coverage to conceal my acne and redness in my face. I picked this up and I wore it to an event that lasted around 6 hours, it stayed on great and looked wonderful, but I noticed that my skin had broken out WHILE WEARING THE MAKEUP. Both of my cheeks were covered in cystic acne! Honestly, if you don't have very acne prone skin, this is a good foundation, BUT if you have acne prone skin STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION.

Absolutely devastated - do not use if you have had acne before!
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

Since the age of 14 I have suffered with acne. After trying several different products (that of course didn't work), I was prescribed a contraceptive pill that cleared my skin wonderfully! For years I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and watched a number of YouTube videos explain that the Revlon Colorstay was a dupe for this product at a fraction of the price so I gave it a go. After a week or so of using this my acne come back with revenge! I wish to god I could turn the clocks back and never buy this foundation. I'm 24 and this has really affected my confidence.

If you have had acne if the past, even if your skin is now clear, please do not use this product!!

The only reasons I've given two stars is that the coverage is just as good as the Estee Lauder one, but is it really worth ruining your skin? NO :(

Major Cystic Acne
Reviewed on July 18, 2015

I have very oily skin. I usually break out heavily during my menstrual cycle. The product has great coverage and controls my oily skin, however after using this product for 1.5 weeks every day I began to have serious cystic acne and breaking out in places where I usually don't break out in. I stopped using this product and my skin was back to normal about a week later. I would not recommend.

A big NO for acne prone skin!
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I went through a lot of reviews before buying it but unfortunately it was not for my acne prone skin.I got serious acne N scarring within a week of use!!!

Don't be fooled, it might be for oily skin but definitely not for acne-prone skin
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I bought this as I had heard great reviews about this foundation for oily skin. I have acne-prone skin but after in recent years the acne had stopped and I had mostly scars and blemishes. I still used to get occasional pimple here and there though. I only used liquid foundation while I was going out, never to work or uni. Since I was not applying to this foundation that often, I thought the pimples appearing were due to the nature of my skin. Then I went on vacation for 6 weeks. And I think I used this foundation almost everyday. My skin broke out like crazy, huge cystic acne that hurt like hell. I blamed my makeup remover wipes, I blamed my moisturiser, I even blamed rosehip oil which I was using but I didn't realize what the cause was until after the vacation. I returned and would still use this foundation sometimes but then I started thinking what were the products that I was constantly using while my skin was breaking out. I realized it was colorstay foundation, it is a great foundation but just not for me. My skin would sting a bit while applying this foundation but I thought that was due to the primer. I am using Australis Stayput foundation now and it does not sting or break me out at all. I still get breakouts sometimes and there are lots of scars but I am happy I stopped using the culprit. I am using Lush Fresh Farmacy and Grease Lightning and Sukin Rosehip oil. I do not have cystic acne anymore and normal breakouts during that time of the month. So for me, colorstay damaged my skin. And, guess what, I had one new bottle bought as backup on sale. Guess what's going in the bin?

zero stars!
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I was really looking forward to using this foundation given the great reviews on coverage and how affordable it is being a drugstore makeup. I gave this foundation a couple of chances. Each time I wore it, my acne got even worse. It felt like my acne was getting worse during the day and my acne felt itchy. Once I stopped using it my skin got better. Needless to say, it didn't work for me and my skin made that clear the moment I put it on.