Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.2/5 - 97 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz

worst mistake !!
Reviewed on April 18, 2016

i wish there was an option of giving "zero" stars.

used this product just for 2 days on my acne prone skin and today is the third day. all the acne that i managed to clear down with my garnier product, just flared up now. hate this !!!! my face hurts.

lesson learnt : always look into acne.org before buying new products esp for acne prone skin and never a blv utube makeup tutorial and their recommended products.

Love/Hate foundation
Reviewed on April 7, 2016

After my acne cleared up from doctor treatment, I had heard great things about this foundation so decided to give it a go. The finish and staying power is beautiful and works brilliantly for my oily skin. However a week after using this my skin started to react badly, I had 3 cysts on my forehead in the space of 3 days and it only got worse from there. However i was in denial of the issues this foundation was causing because of its amazing staying power and finish. My acne never cleared up after using this foundation and every so ofter I retest and see if it was indeed this foundation which caused issues. Each time my skin has worsened and I get mammoth size cysts on my forehead. I completely believe this foundation is what caused my acne and definitely would not recommend for acne prone skin, however if you don't suffer with awful skin like mine I would try it simply because of its high end quality.

Best foundation I have ever used
Reviewed on April 3, 2016

After vigorously looking for the best foundation to cover and maintain my acne, I am sure I have found it with revlon color stay. I decided to go for the oily/combination skin type of this foundation since I felt that it would be the best as I sometimes suffered having a really shiny and oily face with most foundations that were not labelled as a matte finish. When I put this foundation on and it dried, my skin looked flawless and had an almost powdered finish. It doesn't dry your face out and feels so comfortable and lightweight asif you aren't wearing it. The coverage was amazing and my skin transformed as soon as I put it on, I suffer from a few acne scars and breakouts around my cheeks that are sometimes hard to cover but I was getting a lot of compliments as soon as I switched to this foundation on how clear and great my skin looked. I wear this foundation now daily and you don't have to use a lot to make it worth while, it's very hard wearing and lasts longer than any foundation I have ever used, especially with a primer as a base. Before purchasing this foundation, I was using Maybelline Fit Me foundation and I have to say it was the worst foundation I had ever used in my life. The coverage was absolutely awful and all it did was make my skin look terribly shiny and oily even though it was supposed to be a 'dewy look', it also made me have really bad breakouts and just as I thought my acne was getting better it worsened with the fit me foundation. Now, after using the Revlon ColorStay my acne has calmed down again a lot and I haven't had a breakout since using it. This foundation is a life saver and is actually comparable with the dior foundation but for 3 times less the price so I would really recommend this to anyone.

NO NO NO
Reviewed on February 21, 2016

Ioana

NOOO
Reviewed on February 9, 2016

it was great coveraged foundation but this foundation damaged my skin. i normally have few acne and breakout on that time of month but after tried this colorstay for 1 day i started to have cystic acnes all over my face so i stopped and then my skin was back to normal in 2-3 weeks but i still have to deal with acne scar TT..

by 3Gifts.ro on 02/21/2016 19:55
Totally agree with your review. After 1-2 days of using REVLON COLORSTAY my skin look very bad, red irritation turned in black spots, i fight with this 1 month and now im better but not as normal as it was before using this foundation. In my case i dontttt recommend this foundation, it was the worst thing that could happened to my skin!!! Ioana
not for acne prone skin!!
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

i have very oily skin and this foundation has great coverage and controls my oily skin i like the shades but after using this product for 3 days i started to have serious acne and left acne scar so NO.

GREAT FOUNDATION not for acne skin
Reviewed on January 7, 2016

I did a lot of research and testing on store brand foundations REVLON 24 COLOR STAY for Combination/Oily Skin about (9-10 bucks) is far the best store brand I have found . It has GREAT coverage and its very comparable to MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundations (27-30 bucks) FOR ACNE skin I recommend Neutrogena blemish control foundation or Clinique acne solutions liquid make up

Awful for acne prone skin
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I have suffered from acne for a few years now. Recently, my acne has calmed down. Until the last couple of months, my cystic acne came back and lots of pimples etc. I'm so devastated to only realise now that it was this foundation that has caused all this. Over the last three days, I have been using a different foundation as I have ran out of the Revlon, my skin has cleared all of a sudden. It has just triggered, now I'm reading these comments, I feel so stupid for using it for so long. Now to help reduce my scarring from this awful product! :(

by Tiffany(acnefree)1 on 01/07/2016 17:00
what foundation were you using?? try Clinique foundation for acne works great or Neutrogena blemish treatment foundation
Great foundation, unless you have acne!
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I only wear makeup on special occasions (weddings, graduations, etc.) and these events tend to last a very long time (5+ hours). I tend to get oily within an hour or two, so I needed a product to last on my skin, while also having great coverage to conceal my acne and redness in my face. I picked this up and I wore it to an event that lasted around 6 hours, it stayed on great and looked wonderful, but I noticed that my skin had broken out WHILE WEARING THE MAKEUP. Both of my cheeks were covered in cystic acne! Honestly, if you don't have very acne prone skin, this is a good foundation, BUT if you have acne prone skin STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION.

Absolutely devastated - do not use if you have had acne before!
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

Since the age of 14 I have suffered with acne. After trying several different products (that of course didn't work), I was prescribed a contraceptive pill that cleared my skin wonderfully! For years I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and watched a number of YouTube videos explain that the Revlon Colorstay was a dupe for this product at a fraction of the price so I gave it a go. After a week or so of using this my acne come back with revenge! I wish to god I could turn the clocks back and never buy this foundation. I'm 24 and this has really affected my confidence.

If you have had acne if the past, even if your skin is now clear, please do not use this product!!

The only reasons I've given two stars is that the coverage is just as good as the Estee Lauder one, but is it really worth ruining your skin? NO :(