Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.6/5 - 71 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz

Beyond Amazing!!!
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

I was a little skeptic about buying a foundation from revlon. I tried some of their foundations before and it just didn't work for my oily acne prone skin. I did my research ahead of time and I thought I would give it a shot! It is a miracle in a bottle I would say. It is full coverage and it didn't break me out. It also made my skin feel super smooth and it lasts all day long with no touch ups! So amazing I would highly recommend it for people who have oily acne prone skin. Though I don't recommend you wear it on your skin for 24 hours like it states on the bottle (unhealthy of course let your skin breathe). I bought the shade 200 nude on a long shot and it was the perfect color for me. It has cool undertones and is perfect if you have redness as well!

Great Color Selection but makes me Breakout
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

I really love the color options in this foundation. Finally something that has yellow and blue undertones, seems like every other foundation is way too pink or orange on my skin. The bummer is this foundation does make me breakout and I can feel the thickness on my skin. Ugh. Anyone know of a foundation with good color options and doesn't make your skin breakout?

Lacking Coverage stay and Blend-ability
Reviewed on November 27, 2013

I brought this foundation about a month ago now after hearing that it was great for covering pimples, ect. Unfortunately this foundation almost lies on top of my skin and I feel as though it'll rub off. Sure enough after about 2 hours you can see my acne again and I look awful and patchy. I think it might just not agree with my skin type but I honestly think this foundation isn't the best for acne prone skin. I also found after buying it and using it I have broken out the worst I ever have. I can't promise it is the foundation that did it but I can't seem to find any other reason for my brake out.

Best drug store foundation
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

Best drug store foundation I've ever used. I have rosacea and acne, and this stuff covers my redness completely without looking 'cakey'. The rare time I do have to cover a red spot that reappears I just layer it back on and it still doesn't look cakey. It also lasts all day. Sometimes I've fallen asleep with it on and it's still on when I wake up. On top of that, it goes on like a dream. I used their formula for dry skin (I'm on Accutane) and put it on after I moisturize and it looks just as good as my old foundation (Makeup Forever Matte Velvet) which had great coverage, but didn't last the whole day.

Not the best
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

This foundation is good if you don't have problematic skin. Considering all of us are looking at reviews on acne.org, we basically all have problematic skin. I used the combination one years ago and I loved it because it does last a long time, it doesn't patch up, and it had medium-full coverage. But I've been more focused on clearing my skin rather than just covering it. I've been using Loreal's mineral powder foundation for a few weeks and my skin loved it. I began putting this foundation under my powder as a concealer when I was breaking out at...that time...and my skin is freaking out. It's very clogging to the pores, oily, and just not good for acne-prone skin. I've switched to Almay's clear complexion concealer and hopefully that'll make a difference since Almay is for sensitive skin.

Best foundation I've used!
Reviewed on November 12, 2013

I've been using this foundation for years now, ever since I've had acne and I love it. It has amazing coverage and it lasts all day, I put it on first thing in the morning and it still looks good before I wash it off at night! It's great because it has a Combation/Oily skin formula, and a Normal/Dry skin formula. I also use it with a concealer and powder over top, but it can just be used on its own!

Things I've noticed over the years I've been using it are:

It gives the best coverage when you apply it using a damp sponge, I use the BeautyBlender but any sponge works, and apply it in a dabbing motion.

Do not touch your face while it is on, it can cause it to look patchy; I used to try and cover my face using my hand, but it just makes the foundation break up.

It's inexpensive considering how well it works, and a bottle will last me over a month and I use it every day!

Great. (:
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I use this everyday because I have scarring on my right cheek and other places. If used with concealer, your skin will be flawless. I don't think it's heavy if you use the right primer and apply it right. I use my finger, (after I wash my hands of course!) and put a thin layer all over. Then, I go in and add more foundation to spots that need it. The smell is weird, but it'll go away after a few minutes. It really does last all day. I use the normal/dry skin version and it makes me look hydrated and not gross and flaky.

Reviewed on April 26, 2013

I tried this foundation after reading countless reviews on how great the coverage. I will admit that the coverage was great for hiding acne. But this is not an every day foundation. This was extremely heavy and only something that I would've used for special occasions. Unfortunately my skin breakout with 10 new pimples overnight with this product. I wouldn't recommend this foundtion due to the fact that it took two weeks after using it to get my skin under control.

Reviewed on April 20, 2013

I don't understand why everybody is saying this foundation looks cakey, I think they may just be using too much of the product, because even with my (healing) acne and scars, my skin looks nearly flawless and pretty natural with this on, and I am SO happy that it doesn't break me out, which is a huge con for me in foundations.

Reviewed on March 23, 2013

I have searched for a product that works this well, I feel like i have tried everything while spending a small fortune. This stuff is the real deal, I highly recommend it.