Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.4/5 - 80 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz

Do not use
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

For the past several years I have had moderate to severe acne, mainly under the skin nodules, blackheads, and forehead blemishes. For nearly 6 months, my only problem has been scarring and a blemish every once in a while. I started using this foundation for a second time a week ago, forgetting why I stopped in the first place. As I look in the mirror and see a face COVERED in under the skin nodules, zits, and blackheads I remember why I stopped using this face paint. It is cakey, extremely thick, nearly impossible to remove, and gives me so much acne I can not contain it. If you have acne prone skin, this is NOT a foundation to even consider.

Almost flawless!
Reviewed on February 14, 2015

For those of you who don't wish to spend on top-branded foundations, this is your holy grail product! However I would recommend this to people with more yellow undertones. It's definitely full coverage and depending on your skin type, Revlon ColorStay offer foundations to suit your skin type (Normal/Dry or Oily/Combination) which is hard to find with most drug store foundations. I've tried a fair amount of drug store foundations - experimenting with the different looks it can achieve - and I have to say, this one does the trick!

Tip: If you're finding that this foundation may be a little too thick for your liking, dampen your makeup brush with the smallest amount of water before applying this to your face. That way, it makes the foundation appear more sheer rather than full coverage.

4 years later and I'm still struggling with acne and scarring because of this foundation.
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I've only ever got an occasional pimple on my forehead but that was it. I used this foundation and continued to do so because I loved the coverage, the finish, etc. However I noticed I started to break out on my cheeks, my chin, etc. I've never broken out before, let alone have gotten a pimple anywhere else other than on my forehead. I take very good care of my skin; I always wash my face twice a day, exfoliate 4 times a week and use my clarisonic every night as well as tone and moisturize my face and neck. I was 16... I am now 20. I now have acne prone skin; and have tried everything from proactiv to clinique, all natural, acne.org, asian brands, etc. I now use a topical treatment from my dermatologist and though I don't necessarily break out like I used to, I still get quite a few pimples and am dealing with scarring from my break out at 16. Acne doesn't run in my family. No one else in my family or extended family has dealt with acne other than hormonal pimples. So I know that, biologically, nothing could have triggered this, it was simply the foundation.

My recommendation is to really do your research. Also, foundation is something that you put directly on your face, consider spending the extra cash and purchasing a higher quality foundation. If you're on a budget, there are a bunch of really great foundations like loreal true match that won't break you out.

Everyone is different and their skin reacts differently. This was my experience and it scarred me and changed me. I now have to put on makeup everyday to cover my imperfections, I'm insecure, and I have spent an unnecessary amount of money to try to get rid of my acne and my scars.

Perfect if you want that jigsaw puzzle look
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

Ugh..

Ill keep this review short and simple.

Being the idiot that I am, I stupidly decided I wanted to change my amazing foundation routine I had been using for the past three years and try this stuff. The lightest shade didn't match my skin but I bought it anyway along with a darker shade to mix it because I'm sallow skinned. I have applied this in numerous ways to ensure that I could give the fairest review ; (stippling, sponge and the dreaded use of fingers-eww). Basically it goes on nice and smooth and along with a concealer and mattifying powder, you will look flawless.. for about 2 HOURS! It then turns a nice shade of orange and starts to oxidize. If you have dry skin it makes you peel like paint. Oily skinned people will look like a greasy, patchy, orange mess. No amount of touch ups will correct this disaster! Believe me I had to leave college one afternoon and try to run home like a complete idiot to remove this it looked that bad. The next week my whole forehead (that rarely breaks out mind you) was covered in whiteheads and I am ocd when it comes to makeup removal...le sigh

STAY away from this chemical scented crap (sorry for swearing mam)

There's Better Out There
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

As a long term sufferer with acne I have been through a few stages of foundation wearing. Stage 1 being "I'm going to cover every inch of my face with the thickest product I can find to make myself feel okay about going outside and save the world from the burden of seeing my face." To stage 2, "I don't care anymore. I can't keep putting makeup on top of makeup. Take me as I am world! Acne and all!" I flit between these two states often, but I have found that nothing makes my skin more upset than liquid foundation. Revlon ColourStay has incredible coverage and staying power. It will sure cover everything on your face. But in the long run the worst thing you can do is coat yourself with thick, liquid makeup. As a long term acne sufferer I know it is hard to go without, but there are better makeup options than coating yourself with liquid foundation. And the less you wear, the more you will realise no one really cares. And if you are ever trying anything new that you are going to use on your entire face, please patch test it on your jaw line first and wait 24 hours to make absolutely sure it won't break you out.

ruined my skin :(
Reviewed on November 13, 2014

I had been using Cover Fx for a while because I had a lot of acne on my forehead. Once it cleared I decided I would try a less expensive brand and went with Revlon Colorstay. I started to notice I was breaking out on my cheeks which never really happened. After a little while my cheeks were COVERED so I ditched Revlon and went back to the higher quality brand. Though I thought this would fix everything I STILL have really sh*tty skin. Now I'm 19, approaching 20 (I had tried out Revlon when I was 17, almost 18) with a ton of scaring and breakouts even after trying tetracycline, birth control, and s prescription acne cream to clear me up. I am horribly embarrassed about my skin and really hate my appearance. Sigh.

GREAT COVERAGE, HARD TO REMOVE IT
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

pro's:

GREAT COVERAGE

NATURAL COLOR( I use 'SANDY BEIGE'-be careful , don't APPLY TOO MUCH)

THE PRODUCT ITSELF DOESN'T BREAK ME UP

INCREDIBLE LONG LASTING EVEN ON OILY SKIN ( the one for dry/normal skin is actually more matte then the one for oily skin)

TRANSFER AND MOISTURE RESISTANT

con's:

I TRIED TO APPLY IT IN SEVER DIFFERENT WAYS: BARE SKIN, OVER SPF CREAM, OVER SEVERAL DIFFERENT PRIMERS, IN ALL CASES THIS IS VERY HARD TO REMOVE IT FROM FACE, EVEN WITH MAKE-UP REMOVER AND FACE WASH, i STILL HAVE FOUNDATION MARKS ON MY FACE, AND RUBBING YOUR FACE OR OVER CLEANSING WILL RESULT IN BRAKE OUTS!

by alubortha on 11/10/2014 01:16
Do you have a clarisonic? I usually wipe my makeup off with makeup remover and then use my clarisonic to wash my face with the cleanser. It makes a world of a difference for me.
by alubortha on 11/10/2014 01:20
One of the best foundations from DS
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I'm an NC35-37 in MAC when I use this foundation in Natural Tan. Its an average color match, I have a very yellow undertone and the Revlon is more neutral. Doesnt make me break out, has a medium coverage but can be layered to be full coverage. Can be cakey but you need to know how to apply it. I used a wet sponge for lighter coverage and a RT brush for a heavier application. The smell bothers me a lot but I suck it up because the OIly/Combo controls my oily skin for around 2 hours before my oils breaking through and my foundation usually gets oily after an hour. Wish it came with a pump but its a good foundation for a good price, and you can always use coupons and such. My blush and bronzer lasts all day with this foundation. Try it if you want to try a medium-full coverage cheap foundation. This does break out some of my friends, but luckily my sensitive skin takes it very very well. (: I do wish the color selection was better :( Natural Tan would be my perfect NC35-37 shade if it wasn't so neutral. And Golden Caramel is like NC42-45 and I have another foundation for when I get that color :/ I think Revlon caters a lot to pink/cool skin tones which is a downside.

This is heaven in a cheap bottle
Reviewed on June 19, 2014

I was skeptical about buying this at first since drug store makeup sucks... but this.... I swear by this. It doesn't break me out or make my face oily and the best part is.... ITS FULL COVERAGE. Its ALMOST as good as sephora-type make up. I highly recommend this. Holy Grail of drug store makeup.

Beyond Amazing!!!
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

I was a little skeptic about buying a foundation from revlon. I tried some of their foundations before and it just didn't work for my oily acne prone skin. I did my research ahead of time and I thought I would give it a shot! It is a miracle in a bottle I would say. It is full coverage and it didn't break me out. It also made my skin feel super smooth and it lasts all day long with no touch ups! So amazing I would highly recommend it for people who have oily acne prone skin. Though I don't recommend you wear it on your skin for 24 hours like it states on the bottle (unhealthy of course let your skin breathe). I bought the shade 200 nude on a long shot and it was the perfect color for me. It has cool undertones and is perfect if you have redness as well!