Revlon Colorstay reviews

3.3/5 - 84 reviews

Brand: Revlon

Titanium Dioxide (7.3%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Pgg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May Also Contain:
Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/02/2015 02:15 UTC
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Normal/Dry Skin, SPF 15, Medium Beige 240, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/02/2015 02:15 UTC
Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SPF 6, Ivory 110, 1 fl oz
updated: 04/02/2015 03:50 UTC

zero stars!
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I was really looking forward to using this foundation given the great reviews on coverage and how affordable it is being a drugstore makeup. I gave this foundation a couple of chances. Each time I wore it, my acne got even worse. It felt like my acne was getting worse during the day and my acne felt itchy. Once I stopped using it my skin got better. Needless to say, it didn't work for me and my skin made that clear the moment I put it on.

I wish I had read these reviews sooner
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

It started when I received a coupon for any Revlon makeup. I decided to give it a try since it would cost me only $8 which is a good bargain. Well, that was my first mistake. I have acne prone skin and most of my cosmetics are usually expensive and I have less breakout. I though maybe this product must be good since a lot of Youtubers were happy about the full coverage. After 2 days of using this new foundation, I stated to see some redness on one side of my cheek but I continued using which I should have stopped. Next thing, after 5 days my pores were so clogged that I ended up with a big "huge" boil on my left cheek. it was not even like my regular acne. I was devastated, my sister who's a dermatologist was chocked when she saw my face. I almost cried, but thankfully, she advised me to discontinued any makeup and use a gentle soap to clean my face. Next, she prescribed me some medications and I now my face is less worse. She told me it would take at least 4 to 6 months to clear up my skin.

My advise to anyone with acne prone skin, please stay away from this product. Yes, it would give you a good coverage but the price you will pay to repair the damage skin that it caused is not worth it. If you already have a makeup foundation that gives you less breakouts as possible, use it instead and don't try to experiment too many new foundations especially those that have a lot of bad reviews.

I learn my lesson the hard way, I wish I had read the negative reviews about this product sooner.

Used for years
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

Iv used this on and off for years. I prefer revlon over Mac pro longwear. I think a lot of the work is in the application and not the foundation itself.

Great coverage. I don't think it's has broken me out. My only con is compared to etsee Lauder which I just switched to, this sinks into your pores come 6 hours of wear.

never use this if you have acne prone skin
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

i have been using this foundation for 1 2 years and i loved it! i thought it had great coverage and it managed to cover all the redness, blemishes and spots on my face. But it made my skin worse literally when i took the makeup off, my skin felt really bad and it is extremely hard to take this thing of your face!! it is clogging your pores and not letting your skin to breathe which is making you have more acne and blemishes. So girls i know you might feel as if it's covering your acne really well (that's what i thought) but it is actually making your skin worse and causing you to have more breakouts. Don't use it.

by birisi on 03/07/2015 13:42
Do not use
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

For the past several years I have had moderate to severe acne, mainly under the skin nodules, blackheads, and forehead blemishes. For nearly 6 months, my only problem has been scarring and a blemish every once in a while. I started using this foundation for a second time a week ago, forgetting why I stopped in the first place. As I look in the mirror and see a face COVERED in under the skin nodules, zits, and blackheads I remember why I stopped using this face paint. It is cakey, extremely thick, nearly impossible to remove, and gives me so much acne I can not contain it. If you have acne prone skin, this is NOT a foundation to even consider.

Almost flawless!
Reviewed on February 14, 2015

For those of you who don't wish to spend on top-branded foundations, this is your holy grail product! However I would recommend this to people with more yellow undertones. It's definitely full coverage and depending on your skin type, Revlon ColorStay offer foundations to suit your skin type (Normal/Dry or Oily/Combination) which is hard to find with most drug store foundations. I've tried a fair amount of drug store foundations - experimenting with the different looks it can achieve - and I have to say, this one does the trick!

Tip: If you're finding that this foundation may be a little too thick for your liking, dampen your makeup brush with the smallest amount of water before applying this to your face. That way, it makes the foundation appear more sheer rather than full coverage.

4 years later and I'm still struggling with acne and scarring because of this foundation.
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I've only ever got an occasional pimple on my forehead but that was it. I used this foundation and continued to do so because I loved the coverage, the finish, etc. However I noticed I started to break out on my cheeks, my chin, etc. I've never broken out before, let alone have gotten a pimple anywhere else other than on my forehead. I take very good care of my skin; I always wash my face twice a day, exfoliate 4 times a week and use my clarisonic every night as well as tone and moisturize my face and neck. I was 16... I am now 20. I now have acne prone skin; and have tried everything from proactiv to clinique, all natural, acne.org, asian brands, etc. I now use a topical treatment from my dermatologist and though I don't necessarily break out like I used to, I still get quite a few pimples and am dealing with scarring from my break out at 16. Acne doesn't run in my family. No one else in my family or extended family has dealt with acne other than hormonal pimples. So I know that, biologically, nothing could have triggered this, it was simply the foundation.

My recommendation is to really do your research. Also, foundation is something that you put directly on your face, consider spending the extra cash and purchasing a higher quality foundation. If you're on a budget, there are a bunch of really great foundations like loreal true match that won't break you out.

Everyone is different and their skin reacts differently. This was my experience and it scarred me and changed me. I now have to put on makeup everyday to cover my imperfections, I'm insecure, and I have spent an unnecessary amount of money to try to get rid of my acne and my scars.

Perfect if you want that jigsaw puzzle look
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

Ugh..

Ill keep this review short and simple.

Being the idiot that I am, I stupidly decided I wanted to change my amazing foundation routine I had been using for the past three years and try this stuff. The lightest shade didn't match my skin but I bought it anyway along with a darker shade to mix it because I'm sallow skinned. I have applied this in numerous ways to ensure that I could give the fairest review ; (stippling, sponge and the dreaded use of fingers-eww). Basically it goes on nice and smooth and along with a concealer and mattifying powder, you will look flawless.. for about 2 HOURS! It then turns a nice shade of orange and starts to oxidize. If you have dry skin it makes you peel like paint. Oily skinned people will look like a greasy, patchy, orange mess. No amount of touch ups will correct this disaster! Believe me I had to leave college one afternoon and try to run home like a complete idiot to remove this it looked that bad. The next week my whole forehead (that rarely breaks out mind you) was covered in whiteheads and I am ocd when it comes to makeup removal...le sigh

STAY away from this chemical scented crap (sorry for swearing mam)

There's Better Out There
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

As a long term sufferer with acne I have been through a few stages of foundation wearing. Stage 1 being "I'm going to cover every inch of my face with the thickest product I can find to make myself feel okay about going outside and save the world from the burden of seeing my face." To stage 2, "I don't care anymore. I can't keep putting makeup on top of makeup. Take me as I am world! Acne and all!" I flit between these two states often, but I have found that nothing makes my skin more upset than liquid foundation. Revlon ColourStay has incredible coverage and staying power. It will sure cover everything on your face. But in the long run the worst thing you can do is coat yourself with thick, liquid makeup. As a long term acne sufferer I know it is hard to go without, but there are better makeup options than coating yourself with liquid foundation. And the less you wear, the more you will realise no one really cares. And if you are ever trying anything new that you are going to use on your entire face, please patch test it on your jaw line first and wait 24 hours to make absolutely sure it won't break you out.

ruined my skin :(
Reviewed on November 13, 2014

I had been using Cover Fx for a while because I had a lot of acne on my forehead. Once it cleared I decided I would try a less expensive brand and went with Revlon Colorstay. I started to notice I was breaking out on my cheeks which never really happened. After a little while my cheeks were COVERED so I ditched Revlon and went back to the higher quality brand. Though I thought this would fix everything I STILL have really sh*tty skin. Now I'm 19, approaching 20 (I had tried out Revlon when I was 17, almost 18) with a ton of scaring and breakouts even after trying tetracycline, birth control, and s prescription acne cream to clear me up. I am horribly embarrassed about my skin and really hate my appearance. Sigh.