General Review Creation Guidelines
Tips on writing a great review
- Include the "why": The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a product or treatment, but also why. Feel free to talk about related products or treatments and how this item compares to them.
- Be specific: Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it.
- Not too short, not too long: We recommend 2-5 minutes to keep your audience engaged.
- Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the product or treatment--positive or negative. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all helpful information can inform our members¢ decisions.
- Full disclosure: If you received a free product in exchange for your review, please clearly and conspicuously disclose that that you received the product free of charge.
What's not allowed
Acne.org is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on products. While we appreciate your time and comments, we limit customer participation to one review per product and reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content
- Profanity or spiteful remarks
- Promotion of illegal or immoral conduct
- Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively
- Sentiments by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product (including reviews by publishers, manufacturers, or third-party merchants selling the product)
- Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product. This includes reviews that are a part of a paid publicity package
- Solicitations for helpful votes
- Other people's material (this includes excessive quoting)
- Phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, and URLs external to Acne.org
- Videos with watermarks
- Comments on other reviews visible on the page (because page visibility is subject to change without notice)
- Foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product)
- Details about availability or alternative ordering and shipping information
- Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in our reviews section or web site or product description (instead, use the "Flag an error in this listing" link at the top of the product or treatment page).
Customer reviews should be relevant to the product or treatment in question. If you have questions about the product/treatment or opinions that do not fit the review format, please feel free to use the forum to discuss with other members.
If you have a question or you'd like to tell us about a specific problem with Customer Reviews, please contact us.