Raw Tomato Pulp/Juice

Average price: $1.96

Most helpful review

By Sabrina, Louisiana on 06/18/2012
thumbnail

I have hormonal acne. And i mean i have tried everything from clinique products to olay to neutrogena i tried it all even epiduo but it was to strong for my face! But I bought tomoatos this past Thursday and I cut it into slices and just squeezed the pulp onto my face everynight and sleep with it. it also helps if you put the seeds on your bumps and/or scars it is perfect for either. It works amazingly i strongly recommend this if you really want your face to clear up. I am going to be a faithful user of these tomatos!!! who would have thought that simple tomato could clear up your face!.

Pros:
  • clears acne, makes swelling go down, clears scars, natural and its cheap
Cons:
  • a little messy, may sting but it is because it is working, smells a little.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

“Very Healing, Gentle, and cheap”
By on

I tried an oatmeal mask that had lemon juice and tomato juice in it, and while the mask was great for my skin, it was time consuming to make and use. Later, I tried cutting a cherry tomato and rubbing it on my face in problem areas. I had a ton of scars from having a bad habit of picking at my skin, and now after using tomato juice for a few months now (I don't use it consistently), my scarring is healing. My skin is more even and smooth in places it was red and blotchy. What I usually do is a few hours before I plan on showering (I shower at night), I put the tomato juice on. I let it dry on my skin and then hop in the shower and rinse it off. I would even suggest it as an overnight if you shower in the morning. It's also better out of the fridge because it's cold.

• $ 2

“Don't use”
By on

I have moderate acne and I used tomato juice. I would put it on over night and after I used it it made made skin breakout in more acne.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Made face look grease
  • Breakouts
  • Got rid of nothing
  • for about a week
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have very oily acne prone skin. i tend ti get cysts and it can be very frustrating. the first time i tried this i sliced a tomato and just lightly ran it over my face i left it on for several hours and noticed when i rinsed it off the bumps i had, had shrunk down considerably and my face felt tight. I Think this is a great thing to use once per week or if you are just having a bad breakout. It will clear it quickly.

Pros

• reduce oiliness
  • quickly reduces pimples/ breakouts
  • tightens/shrinks pores

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 2.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• clears acne, makes swelling go down, clears scars, natural and its cheap

Cons

• a little messy, may sting but it is because it is working, smells a little.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 1.73
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used to apply lemon juice to my face to clear acne scars but didn't like how it irritated it, and didn't see as much results as o would have liked. Eitherway, spurred by an idea I decided to try tomato juice. Lycopene is good for fighting free radicals and tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, what more encouragement did I need.

First time I tried it i only did the tomato and left it on for 30 mins. I then rinsed my face and pat dry. Then applied a moisturizer. Next day my face looked considerably better. The second time I did it, I placed the seeds directly over the acne scar or pimple once i applied the juice. It was a weekend and I didn't have plans so I left the seeds and the juice on my face till the seeds dried up. I found this even more so beneficial in reducing the scars and redness. The only thing is, leave it on past an hour and it makes your face appear oily. But that's nothing to worry about, it didn't cause me to break out or actually make my skin oily.

I do this once a day, everyday of the week as long as i have tomatoes on hand. Usually at night(for weekdays) and wash it off before I go to bed.

Note, it can be very time consuming dotting your face with tomato seeds, that is if you have a lot of marks/acne to get rid of(like I do) but it's worth it

Side note, I wash my face before applying the tomato(of course)

Pros

• Clears acne scars and some pimples
  • Evens skin tone
  • Reduces redness

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am Indonesian, and I have such big pores, oily and acne-prone skin. I've got blackheads and whiteheads around my nose and cheek. Too bad! I've tried a lot of acne healing products which is available in store, but I found out that natural remedies works best for me.

My mom suggest me to use tomato to reduce my acne, and that's TRUE!

I use this every night, and rinse it off the next morning. Wash your face with warm water or you can steam your face for 5-10 mins, when the pores are open up, slice a tomato and apply it gently onto your skin. Leave it over night, and wash your face the next morning, and then use the ice cube facial to help shrunken your pores' size. I do really recommend to use this home remedies for those who have the same skin condition and problem like mine.

PS: I use the pure cucumber water for the ice cube.

Pros

• Clears up acne, reduce the acne scars.

Cons

• I doesn't really help to reduce my blackheads and whiteheads.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 0.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• very light
  • inconsistently

By on

I suffer from adult acne due to hormones and clogged pores. I used many products, but this has worked the best!

Night: wash face with cetaphil. Cut open a small tomato and rub the juice/pulp all over face. Leave on for a hour. Rinse with luke warm water (never hot). Moisturize- (sometimes i add a drop of olive oil to my moisturizer).

Morn: wash face in cold water with cetaphil. Rub an ice cube all over face. Pat dry, then apply non-comogenic and fragrance free moisturizer that includes spf15 or higher.

I also steam once per week and exfoliate about 2 to 3 times per wk. Good luck!

Pros

• Prevents breakouts
  • Shrinks pores
  • Tones skin

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

A great solution for acne and acne scarring. Tomato contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamins A and C. Here are some great ways to incorporate tomatos in your acne-fighting regimen:

1) Use a tomato acne treatment. Mash 1 tomato into a pulp and spread the pulp on your face, even on the areas without acne. Let the tomato work on your face for an hour, and then wash it off with tepid water and pat it dry. Use this treatment for a week to eliminate the acne.

2) Reduce your pores. Mix 1 tbsp. of fresh tomato juice with 2 to 4 drops of lime juice, and rub this over your face with a cotton ball. Keep the mixture on your face for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with tepid water

3) Use a tomato cleansing mask. Mash 1 tomato and 1 avocado together, and mix the pulp well. Spread the mixture on your face, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with tepid or cool water.

4) Reduce the oil on your face with a tomato facial. Rub half a tomato on your face, focusing on the problem areas. Rinse the tomato astringent off with tepid water, and pat your face dry

5) Cure acne with a tomato and cucumber astringent by slicing one cucumber and squeezing the juice out of the slices. Then, crush 1 tomato into a pulp and strain it. Mix the juices together and apply the astringent to your face with a cotton ball.

6) Try a tomato-and-yogurt cooling mask. Mix the pulp from half a tomato with 2 tbsp. of yogurt. Spread the mixture over your face, let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.

Pros

• cheap, natural, clears acne, prevents acne, helps with scarring

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.