Raw Tomato Pulp/Juice reviews

Breaking out more?
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

I have been doing this for 2 days now and I am noticing my pimples are slightly smaller but my skin is breaking out way more. Why is that???

Is tomato helpful for clearing acne?
Reviewed on January 24, 2015

I just found a tomato and i thought of slicing it and applying it unto my face, since i know what it contains and that is lycopene which is good for the skin. I rinsed my face with water and applied a slice of the tomato in my acnes which are all over my face. Thinking that putting tomatoes in it would lessen or clear the acnes and pimple scar. After awhile, i noticed that my acnes were getting bigger and the yellow or greenish thing in it or the pus in a zit became bigger and greener and its sensitive to touch. I dont know if this is because the pimple is breaking out and would leave my face pimple-free right after a few days by using tomatoes or are my pimples worsening because of the tomato :/ i really dont know, i would be really happy if you guys could help me figure this out.

by Sarahsmith 1233 on 08/20/2015 18:15
How is your skin now??? Did a tomato help?
Works with some patience
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

I've been using tomato on my face to reduce the hyper pigmentation I've been suffering from. My spots are extremely dark and high in numbers, they are mostly concentrated on my cheeks but i also have some on my chest, chin, temples, forehead, back and on my inner arm area. Every night before I go to bed, I wash my face with a gentle Cetaphil wash for sensitive skin, then proceed to cutting a 1/4 " thick slice of refrigerated fresh tomato. The fact that it is refrigerated makes a big difference in my opinion, as it helps close my pores which have been opened after washing with lukewarm water. I massage the slice onto my face and make sure to get the juice all over my trouble areas. Not only do I see small improvements every morning, but the rubbing motion also acts as a natural exfoliator. In the morning, I gently wash my face with the same Cetaphil wash and lotion and repeat the process at night. After following this regimen for close to 6 months, I can honestly say my hyper pigmentation has greatly reduced and my skin is a lot smoother, I also reckon I get way less acne but it might be due to my water drinking habits. I read online that tomatoes contained an ingredient called lycopene which is great for the skin. You have nothing to lose, tomatoes are inexpensive fruits that are anti-aging, fight acne, and lighten the skin. Try it out, but make sure to stick to it.

Very Healing, Gentle, and cheap
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I tried an oatmeal mask that had lemon juice and tomato juice in it, and while the mask was great for my skin, it was time consuming to make and use. Later, I tried cutting a cherry tomato and rubbing it on my face in problem areas. I had a ton of scars from having a bad habit of picking at my skin, and now after using tomato juice for a few months now (I don't use it consistently), my scarring is healing. My skin is more even and smooth in places it was red and blotchy. What I usually do is a few hours before I plan on showering (I shower at night), I put the tomato juice on. I let it dry on my skin and then hop in the shower and rinse it off. I would even suggest it as an overnight if you shower in the morning. It's also better out of the fridge because it's cold.

Don't use
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I have moderate acne and I used tomato juice. I would put it on over night and after I used it it made made skin breakout in more acne.

by Doing Things Different on 10/03/2014 17:35
Tomatos contain Vitamin A which is very helpful in combating skin ailments. Did you just use it once or a few times? It may have brought more impurities to the surface, use over an extended period of time could change the results that your getting. Consider that the bacteria in your skin is just fighting back..fighting for its life, so you must stay the course and not give up (unless you are truly allergic to tomato, then obviously stop using it!)
Reviewed on January 6, 2013

I have very oily acne prone skin. i tend ti get cysts and it can be very frustrating. the first time i tried this i sliced a tomato and just lightly ran it over my face i left it on for several hours and noticed when i rinsed it off the bumps i had, had shrunk down considerably and my face felt tight. I Think this is a great thing to use once per week or if you are just having a bad breakout. It will clear it quickly.

Reviewed on June 18, 2012

I have hormonal acne. And i mean i have tried everything from clinique products to olay to neutrogena i tried it all even epiduo but it was to strong for my face! But I bought tomoatos this past Thursday and I cut it into slices and just squeezed the pulp onto my face everynight and sleep with it. it also helps if you put the seeds on your bumps and/or scars it is perfect for either. It works amazingly i strongly recommend this if you really want your face to clear up. I am going to be a faithful user of these tomatos!!! who would have thought that simple tomato could clear up your face!

Reviewed on June 12, 2012

I used to apply lemon juice to my face to clear acne scars but didn't like how it irritated it, and didn't see as much results as o would have liked. Eitherway, spurred by an idea I decided to try tomato juice. Lycopene is good for fighting free radicals and tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, what more encouragement did I need.

First time I tried it i only did the tomato and left it on for 30 mins. I then rinsed my face and pat dry. Then applied a moisturizer. Next day my face looked considerably better. The second time I did it, I placed the seeds directly over the acne scar or pimple once i applied the juice. It was a weekend and I didn't have plans so I left the seeds and the juice on my face till the seeds dried up. I found this even more so beneficial in reducing the scars and redness. The only thing is, leave it on past an hour and it makes your face appear oily. But that's nothing to worry about, it didn't cause me to break out or actually make my skin oily.

I do this once a day, everyday of the week as long as i have tomatoes on hand. Usually at night(for weekdays) and wash it off before I go to bed.

Note, it can be very time consuming dotting your face with tomato seeds, that is if you have a lot of marks/acne to get rid of(like I do) but it's worth it

Side note, I wash my face before applying the tomato(of course)

by Belly victoria on 09/09/2015 11:49
What fo you do first? Cleanse your face with facial wash or apply tomato juice?
Reviewed on May 17, 2012

I am Indonesian, and I have such big pores, oily and acne-prone skin. I've got blackheads and whiteheads around my nose and cheek. Too bad! I've tried a lot of acne healing products which is available in store, but I found out that natural remedies works best for me.

My mom suggest me to use tomato to reduce my acne, and that's TRUE!

I use this every night, and rinse it off the next morning. Wash your face with warm water or you can steam your face for 5-10 mins, when the pores are open up, slice a tomato and apply it gently onto your skin. Leave it over night, and wash your face the next morning, and then use the ice cube facial to help shrunken your pores' size. I do really recommend to use this home remedies for those who have the same skin condition and problem like mine.

PS: I use the pure cucumber water for the ice cube.

Reviewed on April 16, 2011

I suffer from adult acne due to hormones and clogged pores. I used many products, but this has worked the best!

Night: wash face with cetaphil. Cut open a small tomato and rub the juice/pulp all over face. Leave on for a hour. Rinse with luke warm water (never hot). Moisturize- (sometimes i add a drop of olive oil to my moisturizer).

Morn: wash face in cold water with cetaphil. Rub an ice cube all over face. Pat dry, then apply non-comogenic and fragrance free moisturizer that includes spf15 or higher.

I also steam once per week and exfoliate about 2 to 3 times per wk. Good luck!