Quinoderm (5% or 10%) Benzoyl Peroxide and (0.5%) Potassium Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate Cream reviews

Brand: Quinoderm

Benzoyl peroxide, hydrous 5% or 10% w/w and potassium hydroxyquinoline sulphate 0.5% w/w.

Other ingredients:
Lactic acid, white soft paraffin, edetic acid, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, maize starch, cetostearyl alcohol, sodium cetostearyl sulphate, macrogol 40 castor oil and purified water.

Wow! It works!
Reviewed on January 6, 2017

Cleared severe acne and kept me clear for 5 years. Cheap and effective. Amazing results. Nothing else worked. I recommend it.

by senamo on 04/13/2017 06:24
hi where were you able to get it from it seems out ofstock everywhere
by first456 on 04/29/2017 23:06
Try searching Acne Cream on ebay uk or usa. Look for a brand called Home Care its exactly like quinnderm and panoxyl before it was banned. As its from the usa eu laws dont apply there.
its ok
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I had bad acne on my forehead and it cleared it up I find it also helps with my oily skin too. When I first used it it wasn't pleasant I had dry skin, redness and I felt a burning sensation. I used 10% then and still do now I find if I don't apply this on my face especially my forehead I break out like mad and my skin is very oily so this keeps it under control. At first its not pleasant but your skin gets use to it and it will help clear your acne and control it!

AWFUL
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I used to use this on fairly mild acne and had to give up due to how bad it made my skin. Firstly, the smell is awful (not a massive deal breaker usually), and when applied it burns for a while. The cream hardens and flakes off, but took loads of my skin with it. It also made me go bright red and really irritated my whole face. It did reduce spot size, but only after multiple repeat applications. It's only my experience, but I would warn against it for all pale skinned/sensitive skinned people as it quite literally burnt most of my skin off!

Please try this!
Reviewed on August 21, 2014

I've never had horrendous skin, but have been suffering with continuous spots for as long as I can remember. I came off the pill recently and suffered an awful breakout - my skin was the worst it had ever been. I would say they were mostly whiteheads but I also got small bumps which don't go away unless you squeeze them… no idea what they are?! This went on for about three months, with new spots constantly forming all over my face. The doctor has now put me on dianette but it is far too early to see the benefits of that. So I decided to start using quinoderm again- I used to use it when I was younger. I'm using 10% three times a day as I am on summer holidays. I started using it under a week ago and noticed a difference the next morning. It is now six days later and my skin is the clearest it has been in three months. It's still not what is used to be before the breakout but it's getting there, fast. I think because I've used it before, my skin has not started flaking off (which it used to!!), but I can see it is starting to get very dry around my chin and it stings a little after applying. But this is nothing compared to having spots all over my face. In the time of using it, I have only had one new spot which has gone down very quickly. It not only clears spots but makes them heal and disappear quicker. I never normally write reviews, but after obsessively reading them this summer after feeling so down about my face, I really wanted to help others. No one deserves the awful feeling of having bad skin and if this persuades one person to buy it and stop their problem I will be very happy!

by oanavalentyna on 12/28/2014 18:25
can you help me please,i cant find anywhere the cream ,i am lost,maibe you know a place where they still have in stock?
by chidi on 03/23/2015 01:17
i just started using quinoderm 5, like 5 minutes ago beause of this review, thank u
Depending on my skin's mood, a very effective treatment
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

I would recommend anyone to try this product - its great for drying out spots (MAKE SURE YU HAVE A GOOD MOISTURISER) and shrinking them. Unfortunately for me it only works on some particular spots, like the big lumpy ones on the surface. If you have tiny clumps of them on one particular area of the skin (sometimes can appear to be completely under the skin) I wouldn't recommend it. That, and the fact it can change the skin's colouring in particular places and still leave marks are my only downfalls!

Amazing results!
Reviewed on August 1, 2014

I had mild acne on my forehead and it made me feel so low and lowered my confidence a lot, nothing I tried seemed to work and I'd been trying to clear my skin for 6 months. My mam's friend who is a pharmacist recommended quinoderm 5% cream and at first i was extremely wary of using it as I didn't want my skin to become worse. However I decided to use it, for the first few weeks, the smell of the cream was so strong and every time I put it on it made my skin sting and turn red. After a week or so of using it my skin became very dry and started to peel, so every day I gently buffed the area using a cotton pad and small circular motions to remove the dead skin. Along with this I used the vitamin E moisture lotion and oil from the body shop to keep my skin moisturised. After a few weeks of this, my skin stopped peeling, the irritation and redness stopped and the smell of the cream was much less noticeable for me. I've now been using the cream for three months and I don't have a single spot, so happy I used it and a lot of people ask me what I used to clear my skin, would definitely recommend it to anyone! :D

(Along with using the cream, I was very strict with my skin routine, I improved my diet, drank more water, did more exercise and tried to reduce stress levels as much as possible.)

Most success I've ever had after 15 years
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

Have had acne since age 11 and have tried many, many products. Always told by Dr's that I would "grow out of it", by 26 I still hadn't and I was ready to give the GP both barrels but didn't need to as he instantly recognized my concerns and couldn't believe I'd not been prescribed previously. Quinoderm 5 at first: I suffered with irritation and red dry/burnt skin at first but I just calmed it down to applying twice a week and then gradually increased to every day. Once my skin adjusted to it I've had great success, my skin is not perfect but the cystic acne is almost forgotten now after 15 years of breakouts. After 6 months of Quinoderm 5 (almost all acne gone within first month) I've just upgraded to Quinoderm 10 to see if that can help with the excessive oil/sebum which is my main concern now the spots have cleared to occasional rather than constant.

Use carefully
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

I was originally perscribed quinoderm 10% but I have extremely sensitive skin and couldn't use it at all. Then I moved to 5%, if applied over the whole area like directed, it leaves my skin raw, red, dry and itchy, but I find if you put it directly on the spot it works quite well! I wouldn't say its a miracle but it does reduce spots quicker than other methods.

Effective but drying
Reviewed on April 29, 2014

Every month that one week for a girl I always break out, not one spot like 20 tiny spots which is unfortunate for me.

I use quinoderm and maybe it's just me I go a bit over the extreme with it and am constantly applying it on each spot as a big blob. The spot shrinks dramatically and is basically gone within 2 days but it leaves a dark mark (where I've basically burnt my skin or chemical peeled myself) it never scars if I don't pick at it but it does take 4-5 days for the 'dead' skin to fall off.

So this treatment is very good and effective but it can be very drying if misused like myself.. And takes a week to two weeks for my skin to go back to not perfect but clearish skin

Kept me clear for a while,
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

Kept me mostly clear for a while, but I became allergic. Haven't found an alternative since. :-\