Page 5 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash reviews

4.3/5 - 220 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 12 fl oz
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6 fl oz
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 12 Ounce
updated: 09/01/2015 00:00 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - 6 oz (Pack 2)
updated: 09/01/2015 00:00 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash 6 OZ, (Pack of 3)

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

Overall is is a great cleanser. Gets the job done and leaves skin feeling clean, but also a little bit dry and tight. Use lots of moisturizer and you are good to go. Best cleanser I have ever used, and I've tried a ton!

Reviewed on December 29, 2011

I love this cleanser. I have been using this product for the past six years and I have not had a single problem with this. This product leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. Its really a great cleanser if you have acne prone skin and it also works great in combination with benzoyl peroxide.

Reviewed on December 27, 2011

I've used this cleanser for a little bit. It's very gentle for my sensitive skin. It hasn't, however, cleared my acne or made a significant improvement.

Reviewed on November 22, 2011

Its cheap (I buy from Amazon). Its everything I needed in a wash. I was using a horrible treatment that I didn't realize was making my skin worse! This cleared me right up (with the benzoyl I purchased from this site and an Olay moisterizer w/ a drop of Jojoba oil) in a month or so. I am 25 y.o. and suffered from acne since high school. I'm serious as a heart attack when I tell you, TRY THIS!

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

I use this in conjunction with the regimen's 2.5% bp treatment and a fancy pants antioxidant-filled moisturizer. This lineup has worked quite well for me. Before I started the regimen a few months ago, I went from having red, inflamed under-the-skin pimples all over my chin + inflammatory blockages and whiteheads on my cheeks to clear, balanced skin with only ~2 pimples right before my monthly lady fun times. It probably wouldn't clear acne on its own, but if you're using a gentle bp treatment and a good moisturizer, hopefully it will work as well for you as it has for me.

caveat 1: I do find that it dries out my dryness-prone areas a little after I take a really hot shower (not my fault - my shower alternates between glacial runoff and scalding hell water). not so much in the morning when I use the sink.

caveat 2: I do find its nice to OCCASIONALLY use a gentle exfoliating wash (e.g. salicylic acid wash) in place of this, since this is so gentle it doesn't always get rid of that dead skin buildup that can happen near a healing pimple (I know you know exactly what I'm talking about). bp can make your skin flake, and yes, exfoliants can be irritating, but used sparingly I think it's nice to get rid of that dead skin buildup. Helps the bp and moisturizer absorb better and makes the skin tone more even. For me at least. Just sayin.

Reviewed on October 4, 2011

If you are deciding between this and cetaphil gentle cleanser, use this. Your oily skin will be much better managed with a foaming cleanser. I've been using cetaphil for 6 months and I wish i started using this sooner. My skin is much clearer while using the foaming cleansers. They just cleanse better. Cetaphil sometimes stings my skin and this does not. Purpose is the best.

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

It works so good for a great price and it does what I need easy cleansing in the morning and at night I love it!!!

Reviewed on September 5, 2011

i started using this product this month and i love it!! i use it every morning and night followed by my on the spot acne treatment and my skin is the best its ever been! i odnt have acne but do get one or two breakouts espcially right before my period. i love this product and will continue to use it!

Reviewed on August 18, 2011

I have been searching for a GENTLE cleanser that cleanses skin very well. Most gentle cleansers didn't clean my skin enough. I have super sensitive skin to top it off. I saw a review for this cleanser on youtube--I'm glad I took a chance with this product. It's so gentle, lathers nicely, leaves my skin feeling clean and so soft. And my skin wasn't irritated at all! If all you need is a cleanser, I say get this!

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

I only tried this cleanser while I was on Accutane. I didn't have super dry skin except around my nose, but this seemed to just dry me out too much. If you have normal or oily skin, it would probably be great. It is very gentle, has a clean smell, and my skin feels clean afterwards, just dry.