Page 4 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash reviews

4.4/5 - 217 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
updated: 11/28/2014 04:12 UTC

Reviewed on February 17, 2012

This cleanser is amazing!I am 24 and I am finally recovering from an intense 6 months of adult acne. Before I always had very clear skin. However, for some reason last July I got severe adult acne, and it wasn't just acne, it was cystic acne ALL over my face. One time I counted and I had over 20 blemishes/cystic acne spots on my face. It was terrifying and depressing. I spent over $300 on several face cleaners and acne treatments. I tried Aveda (gave me more acne), then all of the Philosophy products (worsened my acne by drying it out), then I tried several Neutrogena products (which dried out my skin because it was so harsh, and which gave me more cystic acne), and many more recommended products from Sephora (also didn't work). Then online I read about Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and how amazing it is. I read reviews that sometimes it was so gentle that it didn't work so well for fighting off incoming acne, so I decided to buy a Clearsonic Mia, which everyone raves about. And now so do I! Using Clearsonic with the Purpose facewash has been a miracle! My acne has finally started to clear up! I have gone from 20 spots to 1! However, I didn't want to irritate my big acne spots with the Clearsonic brush, so I only used the Clearsonic on the parts of my face that didn't have big acne spots, this helped in reducing my large pores.

Morning:

1)Rinse my face w/ lukewarm water, put 2 pumps of the Purpose cleanser in my hand and lather it in my hands for 5-10seconds, then I lather it on my face, W/O using the Clearsonic.

2) Then where I have cystic acne I put A LITTLE bit of cortizone 10 cream on them, to reduce the inflammation under the skin, and also to give extra moisture.

3) Then I use Neutrogena's Combination Skin moisturizer.

Night:

1)Follow Morning's Step 1,

2) Put 2-3 pumps on the Clearsonic brush, don't use it on acne spots. (2 min)

2)Put very little bit of bp treatment on my danger zones, and on any acne spots.

3) Follow Mor

Reviewed on February 16, 2012

I use this morning and night, it is very gentle, and it helped keep my acne away. It does not get rid of acne, however, but it does do a good job at cleansing the skin and not stripping the lipids inside the skin.

(Remember to moisturize anyway!)

Reviewed on January 30, 2012

I tried this a few years ago when I had bad acne and it did nothing. I recently used zen med to clear up my skin and now use this cleanser and it is working to keep things clear

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

i tOTALLLLLYY RECOMMEND THIS!! At least try it(:

Reviewed on January 17, 2012

My dermatologist told me to try this product for my sensitive skin issues and my face looks wonderful!!!!

Reviewed on January 12, 2012

It works. Just have a moisturizer to use after it.

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

Overall is is a great cleanser. Gets the job done and leaves skin feeling clean, but also a little bit dry and tight. Use lots of moisturizer and you are good to go. Best cleanser I have ever used, and I've tried a ton!

Reviewed on December 29, 2011

I love this cleanser. I have been using this product for the past six years and I have not had a single problem with this. This product leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. Its really a great cleanser if you have acne prone skin and it also works great in combination with benzoyl peroxide.

Reviewed on December 27, 2011

I've used this cleanser for a little bit. It's very gentle for my sensitive skin. It hasn't, however, cleared my acne or made a significant improvement.