Page 2 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash reviews

4.4/5 - 215 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
updated: 08/29/2014 04:18 UTC

Not for me
Reviewed on June 11, 2013

I bought this thinking it was the liquid version of the bar. Not even close! Completely different ingredients! I must have had an allergic reaction to it be I broke out in an itchy, eczema type rash in my eyelids a d the sides of my face. Waste of money for me.

Reviewed on May 26, 2013

I love this facial wash. It is really gentle, moisturizing, and one of the only products that has not irritated or dried out my skin. I use it at night with a pretty strong topical medication.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I bought this thinking it was the same thing as the cleansing bar. Not even close! It made me break out in this eczema type of rash on the sides of my face and it made me so itchy! I'm probably allergic.

Reviewed on January 16, 2013

This is a great face wash to use while you're on an acne medication. Chances are, it won't react with any of the ingredients in your acne medication, and it won't dry out your skin.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

I love this wash. Best face wash I have ever come across. I just wish that it came in large quantities to use as an all over wash.

Reviewed on November 2, 2012

I originally bought this product for a few reasons:

fragrance free

non-comedogenic/won't clog pores

soap free

I have to say that this is something that i look for in almost every skin care product. Purpose cleanser does hold its end of the bargain with those claims but i wasn't exactly that impressed by the face wash. It cleaned my skin and made it feel soft but i really didnt see any difference in clarity. For that reason i switched to something else, but i think it's a great product and is worth trying if you want something gentle and non-irritating.

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

I tried this for about a week and didn't like it at all, but I think it was because I was using benzoyl and this, which dried out my skin like crazy. I have stopped using benzoyl and all medications since I am on a natural regime now. (Got tired of chemicals messing up the face and not working). I started using purpose again and it has been working great the second time around. I use two pumps and rub them into a lather before I apply it on my face. I also use salt water to wash my face at least 3 days out of the week. This has helped considerable along with the other natural products I've been using.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I have been purchasing and purchasing soooo many acne face wash, toners and moisterizers! After almost 2 months of spending money with no results I decided to see what this Purpose was about. So glad I did! I think the key with clearing acne is to give your face a break and use sensitive and gentle products that are allergy free, soap free and oil free. Your skin needs to breath and relax from all the strong medincine. I use Purpose and Clinique's moisture intense hydrating moisterizer. I've been using this for not even 1 week and my skin looks sooooo much better. So far so good. I want to relay the message that so far Purpose has given me the best results. Key words "Gentle, Sensitive, Oil free, allergy teste, Hypoallergenic, Soap free".

Reviewed on August 12, 2012

Its the only Wash that has ever worked for my very sensitive dry skin. Its not too expensive and worked in just a couple weeks. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on June 24, 2012

I recently switched to this after using Cetaphil for several months. I prefer Purpose because it's definitely non-comedogenic, (Cetaphil is pretty rich and not-oil free and I'm pretty convinced that it does actually clog my huge pores.) This will be the only cleanser I'll use from now on.