Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Average price: $6.02

Brand: Purpose

Most helpful review

By Chris, MI on 02/03/2005

surprisingly light! this is my best friend when it comes to cleansing - it doesn't overdry or anything. no side effects, no horrible fragrance, and best of all it's relatively inexpensive. a little goes a long way with this stuff too, just put a little bit in your hands and lather up and it works just as well. if you do a whole pump's worth it tends to go rather quickly..

244 out of 351 people found this review helpful

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
updated: 04/17/2014 08:39 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I love this wash. Best face wash I have ever come across. I just wish that it came in large quantities to use as an all over wash.

Pros

• Smells nice
  • Won't make you break out
  • Leaves face nice and clean
  • Doesn't dry skin out

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I originally bought this product for a few reasons:

fragrance free

non-comedogenic/won't clog pores

soap free

I have to say that this is something that i look for in almost every skin care product. Purpose cleanser does hold its end of the bargain with those claims but i wasn't exactly that impressed by the face wash. It cleaned my skin and made it feel soft but i really didnt see any difference in clarity. For that reason i switched to something else, but i think it's a great product and is worth trying if you want something gentle and non-irritating.

Pros

• inexpensive
  • non-comedogenic/fragrance free

Cons

• water leaks in if left in shower
  • severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 7.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried this for about a week and didn't like it at all, but I think it was because I was using benzoyl and this, which dried out my skin like crazy. I have stopped using benzoyl and all medications since I am on a natural regime now. (Got tired of chemicals messing up the face and not working). I started using purpose again and it has been working great the second time around. I use two pumps and rub them into a lather before I apply it on my face. I also use salt water to wash my face at least 3 days out of the week. This has helped considerable along with the other natural products I've been using.

Pros

• Cleans thoroughly
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Leaves skin smooth
  • Gentle/unabrasive on skin

Cons

• May be drying
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 5.49
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been purchasing and purchasing soooo many acne face wash, toners and moisterizers! After almost 2 months of spending money with no results I decided to see what this Purpose was about. So glad I did! I think the key with clearing acne is to give your face a break and use sensitive and gentle products that are allergy free, soap free and oil free. Your skin needs to breath and relax from all the strong medincine. I use Purpose and Clinique's moisture intense hydrating moisterizer. I've been using this for not even 1 week and my skin looks sooooo much better. So far so good. I want to relay the message that so far Purpose has given me the best results. Key words "Gentle, Sensitive, Oil free, allergy teste, Hypoallergenic, Soap free".

Pros

• Non-stinging
  • Gentle
  • Residue-free
  • Cleans skin
  • Pulls out bulled up acne
  • Clears up cystic acne

Cons

• May develops small heat rash type bumps in your oilest areas but will clear up
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its the only Wash that has ever worked for my very sensitive dry skin. Its not too expensive and worked in just a couple weeks. Highly recommended.

Pros

• Cleared up Moderate Acne
  • Cheap
  • Easy to Use
  • Rinses Easy
  • Doesn't Dry Out Skin

Cons

• Leaks when Traveling
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I recently switched to this after using Cetaphil for several months. I prefer Purpose because it's definitely non-comedogenic, (Cetaphil is pretty rich and not-oil free and I'm pretty convinced that it does actually clog my huge pores.) This will be the only cleanser I'll use from now on.

Pros

• You can be sure that it won't clog pores or aggravate acne
  • Fragrance and die free
  • Non irritating
  • Easily removes dirt, oil, and makeup
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• May be too drying for extremely sensitive skin
  • Can be a bit hard to rinse off
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I absolutely love this cleanser! It reminds me exactly of the acne.org cleanser, but just more of a cheaper alternative and can be purchased at the drugstore. I've been using this for about two months now (ever since i ran out of my acne.org cleanser) and it works wonders! my face always feels fresh and clean after using this. I highly reccomend this product if you cannot, for any reason, order Dan's cleanser online. It is just as effective!

Pros

• Gentle
  • Cleanses well
  • Removes makeup well
  • Non drying
  • Non irritating
  • Not much of a fragrance
  • Effective

Cons

• Can leak through the pump so it might not be safe for travel
  • for a few months
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If it would of not dry me out that bad i would of not stop it.

If you want to try it get at walmart online its cheap

Pros

• not thick

Cons

• Dried me out
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I recommend this product!

Pros

• Smells good
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Good makeup remover

Cons

• Didn't clear up any acne
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Very good! :)

Pros

• Cleanses thoroughly
  • Non-drying
  • Non-irritating

Cons

• None
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.