Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash reviews

4.3/5 - 220 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 12 fl oz
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6 fl oz
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 12 Ounce
updated: 12/01/2015 19:59 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - 6 oz (Pack 2)
updated: 12/01/2015 19:59 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash 6 OZ, (Pack of 3)

love it
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

I used to have acne, mainly on my cheeks, and I never knew why I had it. When I started sleeping over at my boyfriends house and using his face wash ( which was Purpose) I noticed my face was clearing up. Ever since then I used Purpose every day and it does wonders. I don't even break out before my menstrual cycle.

Purposefully not so gentle?
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

My skin is really oily, but this "gentle" cleanser still managed to dry me out. I guess you'll have to use your personal discretion on this one. I know some people love it, but this cleanser left my skin tight and flaky. I switched to the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser and am much, much happier.

Plus, I hate the smell.

changed the formula
Reviewed on February 9, 2015

this used to be great now it dries out my skin.. i feel that they must have changed the formula- because my brother who uses this who has different skint then I- said the same thing.

Reviewed on October 28, 2014

Everyone's skin is different but this dried the heck out of my skin and I believe led to some breakouts because of what poor condition my skin was left in.

I get this when I forget to reorder the Acne.org face wash
Reviewed on September 8, 2014

This is just a basic wash for sensitive skin. No sent, color, fancy stuff, Its not expensive, and its easy to find. It foams up nice. However, i gave it four stars because its not great at removing makeup. You will have to lather up twice if you have anything like makeup on.

Skin didn't like it
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I gave this product a try because of how high it was rated, but it just wasn't for me. I got a huge breakout and it produced more sebum plugs for me.

by Prismissy64 on 08/19/2014 20:30
Just curious, are you using it as part of The Regimen?
Changed the formula?
Reviewed on July 20, 2014

I've used this product since 2006 and its worked just fine for cleaning my face and I've never had any problems with it. Until this year, it started causing red blotchy spots on my face. My forehead would breakout into rash like bumps and it would itch pretty badly. I never thought it would be the face wash as I've used it for years. Once I eliminated this from my regimen my face cleared up and the rash/redness went away. I'm not sure if my skin changed, the formula changed or the combination of this and BP is linked to the symptoms? - which is always possible. I've noticed others stating breakouts, rashes and redness from this as well in their reviews, so its just not me.

made me break out
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I used this product when I was younger to help with minor breakouts and help treat my oily/combination skin and it worked great. I still break out, and I decided to switch cleansers. It no longer worked to treat my break outs, but rather made my forehead breakout in tiny white-head like zits. I won't buy again!

Reviewed on July 3, 2014

Knowing this product is on Acne.org + after seeing the amount of stars this product has i was expecting my acne to clear off at least just a little with this.. I've used this for over a month. Every day.. Morning & Night. I honestly had high hopes when i first got this but it ended up disappointing me. I've been suffering from severe acne for over 3 years now.. And i'm tired of it. I've used tons of acne treatments but none have worked for me.. Purpose Gentle Cleaning Wash is certainly not helping either. So if anybody recommends another acne treatment then i would highly appreciated if you tell me by commenting on this review. Thanks.

mixed feelings
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

i washed my face with this for almost a week, and got a patch of blackheads and a few more zits, hmm? Alot of people on makeupalley have noticed a patches of dry skin or bumps that pop up. maybe didnt clean throughly or maybe it was just random acne or weather change. WHO KNOWS. However I do wash every area of my face with cerave and used purpose for only the "pore strip" sized area of my face near my eyes/upper cheeks and my skin in the pore strip area has been so clear and supple, ONLY in that area though. Im afraid ill break out if I use it all over since coincidentally my skin had a few more dots then usual when I used it for a week and my sister broke out in cyst, This makes me way too scared to try it out on my whole face, but for my nose/blackhead area it really works to keep it smooth and bright, I wish it'd work like that everywhere else hmm.... I want to give it a try but I dont think so. the rest of my cheeks have been breaking out and I wonder if its because this facewash runs into the rest of my cheeks as I rinse/wash. I DONT GET IT. If you dont like it for your face,it can be used for makeup brushes or body wash, its almost baby wash. I give it a 3 because it has potential and it does keep my nose under eye cheek area clear! if only i wasnt so scared!