Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash reviews

4.4/5 - 211 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, 6-Ounce Pump Bottle
updated: 04/21/2014 01:52 UTC

mixed feelings
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

i washed my face with this for almost a week, and got a patch of blackheads and a few more zits, hmm? Alot of people on makeupalley have noticed a patches of dry skin or bumps that pop up. maybe didnt clean throughly or maybe it was just random acne or weather change. WHO KNOWS. However I do wash every area of my face with cerave and used purpose for only the "pore strip" sized area of my face near my eyes/upper cheeks and my skin in the pore strip area has been so clear and supple, ONLY in that area though. Im afraid ill break out if I use it all over since coincidentally my skin had a few more dots then usual when I used it for a week and my sister broke out in cyst, This makes me way too scared to try it out on my whole face, but for my nose/blackhead area it really works to keep it smooth and bright, I wish it'd work like that everywhere else hmm.... I want to give it a try but I dont think so. the rest of my cheeks have been breaking out and I wonder if its because this facewash runs into the rest of my cheeks as I rinse/wash. I DONT GET IT. If you dont like it for your face,it can be used for makeup brushes or body wash, its almost baby wash. I give it a 3 because it has potential and it does keep my nose under eye cheek area clear! if only i wasnt so scared!

Good cleanser, but a tad harsh on my combo skin.
Reviewed on October 13, 2013

I bought this on a whim while at Target. I had previously been using a salicylic acid-based scrub which did okay, but I knew it was too harsh. Initially this worked out well and I had bought it right on time because my dermatologist started me on Epiduo and Doryx. After a month, I found that it dries out my cheeks more than I expected a gentle cleanser to, but it's probably just how my skin is. I'll be finishing this bottle, but I won't be coming back.

good cleanser
Reviewed on September 29, 2013

This wash is gentle like the bottle says. It foams up well, and doesn't dry out the skin but will take off some oil and just the faintest tight feeling, but really depends on how oily your skin is. This is the cleanser i keep buying over and over, and going back to. I've read some where that the ph is 6 or 7 so its almost ph correct for the skin but will remove some oil, not all. with a moisturizer it is perfect. Works as wash for chest shoulders back as well.

No drying, no harshness
Reviewed on September 29, 2013

I have used MANY cleansers for my very very oil skin that dries out at the touch of water alone. This cleanser is by far the best cleanser for my face type and for my acne skin. I've had not one adverse affect from this product. It is fantastic!

This Product is Great!
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

I switched to this product because Dan's cleanser dries out my face a lot!

Light cleanser
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I really like this face wash. It foams up pretty good. Removes face makeup well. Eye makeup is a bit more difficult to remove though. Has a nice smell to it too. Doesn't break me out at all.

Not for me
Reviewed on June 11, 2013

I bought this thinking it was the liquid version of the bar. Not even close! Completely different ingredients! I must have had an allergic reaction to it be I broke out in an itchy, eczema type rash in my eyelids a d the sides of my face. Waste of money for me.

Reviewed on May 26, 2013

I love this facial wash. It is really gentle, moisturizing, and one of the only products that has not irritated or dried out my skin. I use it at night with a pretty strong topical medication.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I bought this thinking it was the same thing as the cleansing bar. Not even close! It made me break out in this eczema type of rash on the sides of my face and it made me so itchy! I'm probably allergic.

Reviewed on January 16, 2013

This is a great face wash to use while you're on an acne medication. Chances are, it won't react with any of the ingredients in your acne medication, and it won't dry out your skin.