Page 5 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.4/5 - 81 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), D&C Orange 4.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6 oz
updated: 07/30/2014 00:55 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 07/30/2014 00:55 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar 6 oz (170 g)

Reviewed on March 6, 2009

I used this product for almost two weeks. The first three days it felt fine, I was using it with bp and lac-hydrin five. The fourth day or so my skin was extremely dry and I developed a rash on my neck... if it wasn't a rash it was a result of extreme, painful dryness. The odd thing is I didn't put any products on my neck but the soap must have dripped down. Bottom line, way too dry. I was a lizard face for a few days after I stopped. I used St. Ives afterward with lots of lac-hydrin and my skin is so much better now.

Reviewed on February 23, 2009

i really liked this product for about 2 weeks, using a glycerin based cleanser really helps acne, but i soon found that this cleanser became extremely drying and iritating, skin felt dull, removed too much oil

i now just keep this in my shower and use it if my skin is extra oily, i recommend using Cetaphil instead, not as drying and the liquid is gentler on skin

Reviewed on February 14, 2009

I've been using this product for a little over a year now, and I swear to God I would die without it. When used in combination with Astringent and Aloe, it is THE most effective system I have ever used. I'm 15, and I had pretty bad acne. Within 2 weeks of starting with this and the products I stated, it was all gone. I'm not even exaggerating. Now just get rid of these scars....

Reviewed on February 13, 2009

Great product at a low cost. The product dries the skin quite a bit, so make sure that you have proper moisturizer after words.

Reviewed on February 7, 2009

i would definetly recommend this to anyone who wants a gentle cleanser, sensitive skin or not. i think that it clears up acne because it is so gentle and just cleanses and soothes your skin instead of making it react with crazy chemicals.

Reviewed on January 27, 2009

was recomended by my dermitologist and i do truely believe it works. good product for summer time and winter with its moistutizer as well.

Reviewed on January 9, 2009

After trying everything on the drug store shelf wih worsening results nearly eveytime i finally took a trip to the dermatologist. She recommended Purpose cleanser and moisturizer and it has dramatically improved my skins texture and appearance.

Reviewed on October 23, 2008

This has been my facial soap of choice for the past 4 years after learning about it here. I'm a little lazy and I'm rough on my skin when doing the reg, but I'm still clear overall. This soap rocks!